• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

MDMA and Serotonin Levels

Escapedysphoria

Ex-Bluelighter
Recently I've been using mdma a lot on the weekends mainly and a small binge during the other week. I was feeling real shitty and depressed lately and I'm not sure if it's because I depleted my serotonin levels? I sometimes expirience afterglows after rolling too which leaves me confused. I want to continue using mdma, but does anyone have advice on maintaining serotonin levels? Is there any vitamins ect. recommended? Thanks.

You need to find a frequency of use that does not cause any mental health issues for you. People will throw all sorts of number around but it is very individual.

Some recommend 5-HTP and Alpha Lipoic Acid, although I have not found them to make any difference.

Piracetam seems to be recommended for enhancing the roll which I suspect may allow you to take lower doses, but I dont know about this yet I'm waiting for it to arrive in the mail so I'll have more information in the near future.

My suggestion is that everybody stops talking about serotonin as if it is fully understood how it works and what it does. If I believed in all the pseudoscience mumbo jumbo passed around in the ecstasy crowd then my brain would be in a negative serotonin balance right now. But as I sit here with my cat on my lap I assure you I can feel love for him despite having rolled a few days ago.

Your current use is obviously not working, so figure out what does work for you <3

a healthy diet, exercise.

i seriously advise you to cut down or stop for a bit before you end up experiencing brain zaps... they're not nice.

Recently I've been using mdma a lot on the weekends mainly and a small binge during the other week. I was feeling real shitty and depressed lately and I'm not sure if it's because I depleted my serotonin levels? I sometimes expirience afterglows after rolling too which leaves me confused. I want to continue using mdma, but does anyone have advice on maintaining serotonin levels? Is there any vitamins ect. recommended? Thanks.

There is no way you can continue to use MDMA as frequently as you do and not deplete your serotonin levels. Every person who i have known to overindulge in E has said they suffered a lot of side effects as a result. Even the ones who manage to get pure (or better then E pills anyway) MDMA end up being kind of fucked up after long term frequent use. They even look kinda fucked almost like tweakers but not as bad. Ive known people to take E as often as they can get it and they almost always end up fucked up after a bit.

I think MDMA is one of those drugs that's best used only on special occasions certainly not a drug to binge on. Some supplements may help a but they are not going to offset the damage done by overuse of MDMA. No supplement or drug is going to do that. So unless you want to end up in a total pit of despair due to having fuck all serotonin and a fucked up brain id suggest cutting down or quitting. Just my opinion.

+1

Once the zaps start, they'll be like a plague on your well-being. Every time you deplete your serotonin tank they'll return, and in my experience they tend to linger for at least a few days.

You'll thank god you're not some of these people.

I know a lot of anti-depressants such as most SSRI's and SNRI's can cause brain zaps but does overuse of MDMA cause it? They both effect serotonin so i guess it would make sense.

OMFG brain zaps 8o . I still remember those from when i quit effexor (velafaxine) almost 9 years ago. This was back when it was a non addictive miracle drug that produced no physical dependence and worked wonders for depression as well as anxiety :D . Turned out that was not quite true :( . Doctors pushed effexor like candy back then as it was the only SNRI on the market besides some tricyclics. I have gone through alcohol WD's, opiate withdrawals (oxycodone, morphine, hydromorphone and moderate fentanyl WD's) and benzo WD's. Except for acute alcohol WD's with no medication effexor was the worst drug i have withdrawn from.

There is no way you can continue to use MDMA as frequently as you do and not deplete your serotonin levels. Every person who i have known to overindulge in E has said they suffered a lot of side effects as a result. Even the ones who manage to get pure (or better then E pills anyway) MDMA end up being kind of fucked up after long term frequent use. They even look kinda fucked almost like tweakers but not as bad. Ive known people to take E as often as they can get it and they almost always end up fucked up after a bit.

I think MDMA is one of those drugs that's best used only on special occasions certainly not a drug to binge on. Some supplements may help a but they are not going to offset the damage done by overuse of MDMA. No supplement or drug is going to do that. So unless you want to end up in a total pit of despair due to having fuck all serotonin and a fucked up brain id suggest cutting down or quitting. Just my opinion.

I know a lot of anti-depressants such as most SSRI's and SNRI's can cause brain zaps but does overuse of MDMA cause it? They both effect serotonin so i guess it would make sense.

OMFG brain zaps 8o . I still remember those from when i quit effexor (velafaxine) almost 9 years ago. This was back when it was a non addictive miracle drug that produced no physical dependence and worked wonders for depression as well as anxiety :D . Turned out that was not quite true :( . Doctors pushed effexor like candy back then as it was the only SNRI on the market besides some tricyclics. I have gone through alcohol WD's, opiate withdrawals (oxycodone, morphine, hydromorphone and moderate fentanyl WD's) and benzo WD's. Except for acute alcohol WD's with no medication effexor was the worst drug i have withdrawn from.

Overuse of MDMA does indeed cause brain zaps.

I first experienced them after a long meph binge, but the worst ones have been caused by MDMA. Never ever been on antidepressants or SSRIs.

fucking brain zaps... ive had them once from doing MDMA and mephedrone two days in a row. lasted almost a week. my sex drive reduced down to zero, no desire to masturbate, absolutely nothing. depression, emotionally flat, every time i moved my eyes fast my brain would zap, every time i tried to sleep it would zap. driving a car was a nightmare.... moving my eyes around my brain would zap and ping like a bastard. haven't touched MDMA since. the fact i had been doing mephedrone every weekend for 2 years previously probably didn't help either.

MDMA is seriously an un-bingeworthy drug. i treated it like meph and it fucked me up. i was pretty worried... but recovered fine. lots of rest, exercise, a decent diet. avoid 5-htp... let it build back naturally

i used to abuse MDMA in the past and it can take a nasty turn on you if you keep heading down that path. After about a year of use about once every 2 weeks- month i eventually fell into a depression. Soon after that followed the anxiety. At first it made me want it more so i could feel better when i was out but it just made everything worse. It took me a year of sobriety and therapy to overcome the depression/anxiety/zaps/confusion that followed with the use. If you continue to use get good sleep before use, exercise, eat healthy, pre and post load and once you build a feeling of tolerence take a few month break to recover. Be careful, safe rolling

I used to roll 1-2 times a week every week for nearly a year when i was about 18, stopped for a few years now (24 now) and rolled pretty heavily 2 nights in a row a few days ago.. i forgot how damn annoying brain zaps are.. i am always getting them 2 days after taking loads of mdma when i try sleep and they can be extremely intense and worrying, i even sometimes try and ignore them but they wont stop until i open my eyes and focus on something for a second.. then when i put my head back to sleep, Zzzzap!

This is my only complaint about binging mdma(and a big complaint aswell tbh), ive never felt depressed or weak after taking it, just the god damn zaps! so damn tired right now but dont dare try and sleep.. trolling forums in the meantime!