• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Suboxone strip question

AlSwearengin

Greenlighter
I've been snorting about a quarter of an 8mg suboxone tablet everyday for the past year and Im about to stop. I've got one of the Suboxone strips (the ones that look like listerine pocket pack breath strips) and I was wondering whats the best way to use it. I'm planning on cutting it into 8 pieces (would be about 1mg each) and eating one a day if thats posible. Should I try to dry my mouth so it sticks on my tongue as long as possible and doesnt dissolve real quickly and dissapear? Are there any tricks that can help with this? I dont wanna end up eating a piece of it and wasting it then having to eat another one

I've been snorting about a quarter of an 8mg suboxone tablet everyday for the past year and Im about to stop. I've got one of the Suboxone strips (the ones that look like listerine pocket pack breath strips) and I was wondering whats the best way to use it. I'm planning on cutting it into 8 pieces (would be about 1mg each) and eating one a day if thats posible. Should I try to dry my mouth so it sticks on my tongue as long as possible and doesnt dissolve real quickly and dissapear? Are there any tricks that can help with this? I dont wanna end up eating a piece of it and wasting it then having to eat another one

IF your going to put it in your mouth, put it undder your tongue and let it sit there for awhile. You can also snort the strips by dissolving them in a tiny bit of water.

IF your going to put it in your mouth, put it undder your tongue and let it sit there for awhile. You can also snort the strips by dissolving them in a tiny bit of water.

So if I were to cut a sliver of the overall strip (perhaps 1/8th of it), should I drop a little drop of water on it, dissolve it into a blob of gel then just spread it out and let it dry into powder or what? I've never attempted this before and I just dont want to end up wasting any lol :\

I have actually done this exact thing and it worked. Do put it under your tongue as Vikingdon suggested. I used an exacto knife and cut 8 equal strips (1mg each) and then cut those strips in half 0.5mg/500mcg each.

So if I were to cut a sliver of the overall strip (perhaps 1/8th of it), should I drop a little drop of water on it, dissolve it into a blob of gel then just spread it out and let it dry into powder or what? I've never attempted this before and I just dont want to end up wasting any lol

You can do this, but you can also snort the water that the strip dissolved in. Sublingual (putting it under your tongue) works just as well and eliminates extra steps, so I would go with that route unless you're dead-set on snorting.

You can do this, but you can also snort the water that the strip dissolved in. Sublingual (putting it under your tongue) works just as well and eliminates extra steps, so I would go with that route unless you're dead-set on snorting.

Well I've been snorting all my suboxone for the last 1.5 years instead of eating it... I snort about a quarter of an 8mg tablet a day and I'm not sure whether snorting suboxone for this long could have worse withdrawal effects than eating that amount....

For example if I snort 1mg a day for a year then stop and just eat strips instead of snorting the tablets would I be alright taking the same mg amount of sublingual strip suboxone daily as the amount of tablet suboxone I'd snort daily... sort of like switching from snorting suboxone to eating suboxone strips would taking the same amount (1:1 ratio) be fine

For example if I snort 1mg a day for a year then stop and just eat strips instead of snorting the tablets would I be alright taking the same mg amount of sublingual strip suboxone daily as the amount of tablet suboxone I'd snort daily... sort of like switching from snorting suboxone to eating suboxone strips would taking the same amount (1:1 ratio) be fine

Originally Posted by jasoncrest
Buprenorphine bioavailabilities:

intraduodenal: 9.7%

intrahepatoportal: 49%

intramuscular: 68%
"The observed mean intramuscular bioavailability was 68%"
"Studies of buprenorphine bioavailability have also examined the intramuscular (bioavailability, 50%–100%)"

intranasal: 50%
"Studies of buprenorphine bioavailability have also examined the [...] intranasal (bioavailability, 48%)
"The bioavailability of buprenorphine, HCl (BPP) in sheep after nasal administration of two formulations has been studied. 0.9 mg BPP in 150 microl was administered nasally and compared to 0.6 mg i.v. The test solutions were formulated with 30% polyethylene glycol 300 (PEG 300) and 5% dextrose, respectively. The bioavailability for PEG 300 was 70% (S.D.+/-27%, n=6), whereas the bioavailability for 5% dextrose was 89% (S.D.+/-23%, n=6)."
"Mean intranasal bioavailability was 48.2 +/- 8.35% (mean +/- s.e.m.) of the intravenous value"

intrarectal: 54%
"bioavailability of the drug was found to be: [... ]intrarectal (54%)..."
"Relative to the 100% bioavailability from the intraarterial route the mean bioavailabilities were [...] intrarectal, 54%..."

intravenous: 98%-100%

oral: 10%
"the oral bioavailability for buprenorphine is state to be 10%"
"due to extensive first-pass metabolism, buprenorphine has very poor oral bioavailability (10% of the intravenous route) if swallowed"

sublingual: ~30%
"Buprenorphine is well absorbed sublingually, with 60% to 70% of the bioavailability of intravenous doses"
"Study results indicate that bioavailability of sublingual buprenorphine is approximately 30%"
"Literature on bioavailability of sublingual buprenorphine presents variable numbers ranging from. 19–58% of the administered dose."
"Relative to the 100% bioavailability from the intraarterial route the mean bioavailabilities were [...] sublingual, 13%"

transdermal: 15%

[Source]

They're close, I would recommend trying 1mg sublingually (different from eating them, don't confuse oral administration with sublingual administration, the Suboxone film strips are designed for sublingual administration).

I've actually only use (and have used) these two methods of administration, and, at least to me, the dosages are equal, with sublingual (sticking it under your tongue) kicking in a little faster. Your mileage may vary.

(bupe) *New Suboxone film * official thread* <- check that thread out, it focuses only on the Suboxone film :)

Under your tongue, not on it.

And yes you can snort them, just mix in some water and then snort the liquid as you would do as if you were snorting tar heroin.

As for your questions regarding withdrawals, I think they would be a little worse if you were snorting them daily vs. doing it sublingual because your getting a higher bioavailability everyday.

So should I do it on a dinner plate? Just let it gel up and not even try and wait for it to dry, just snort the gel?

So should I do it on a dinner plate? Just let it gel up and not even try and wait for it to dry, just snort the gel?

When I snort the strip, I'll put the desired amount in a small measuring cup, such as a 1 tablespoon, and drop 1 or 2 drops of water out of a pipette. Don't put too much water on it, remember you have to snort it. Use just enough water to dissolve it. After putting acouple drops on it, stir it with something that it wont stick to. Y0ou can also use warm water to help it dissolve faster.