• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos which benzo is the highest risk for addiction/ safest benzo

I haven't fucked with too many types of benzos but I think all have a high risk of addiction simply because of personal preference and the way different benzos tickle people's brains.

The fact of the matter is that if you find a benzo that produces a high you like or provides an easy way of dealing with specific situations or circumstances, you will be pulled in. Certain benzos are too effective for certain people in terms of what they're trying to achieve.

You can become a bitch to pretty much any benzo, and it's the benzo that makes that transition non existent. Basically I just think all benzos have a high risk of addictoin, depending on the individual of course.

Temazepam occupies the highest mortality rate of any of the benzodiazepines.

I concur with someone who mentioned that they found themselves re-dosing compulsively and/or continuously on temazepam; I had to get off of it for this reason.

I'm also prone to addiction, and temazepam is one of the most narcotic-feeling benzodiazepines of the many I've tried - up there with flunitrazepam and nimetazepam.

Worldwide, temazepam has the highest prevalence of abuse and illicit diversion/smuggling, especially in Southeast Asian countries.

I have found, like many others, alprazolam to be pretty addictive experientially. We've got to base our responses on the individual nuances of the experience as it relates to the various benzodiazepines because, as Captain.Heroin so aptly pointed out, individuals respond very differently to different benzos. A lot of people love lorazepam, whereas I find it as dysphoric as zolpidem and zopiclone.

For many months after I got off temazepam, I was on triazolam 0.75mg at night. That was an absolute bitch to kick.

~ vaya

I think flunitrazepam, and then triazolam. But i haven't try midazolam(which i'm sure it will be great) and temazepam. The safest for me is a fuckin crap called "Tranxene", and i don't find alprazolam good, lorazepam and diazepam are better for me. And clonazepam, it works great for me at 1-3mg. The good thing with k-pins for me is that it doesn't makes me want to abuse it, valium and lorazepam have more fun, aka abuse..Of course that's just me, but i've to tell that i don't get how the most people find alprazolam better..Well, that's why the same drug is different in every person...%)

MartinFn

Because I'm from the US I'm pretty experienced with our top four: Xanax, Klonopin, Ativan and Valium. I've had Versed once or twice at the hospital and I do remember it as being really incredible before passing out and then slowly waking up out of the chemical coma. The first benzo I ever took was Ativan, my mom gave it to me when I was having an anxiety attack and it really did the trick, and left me feeling doped out for the rest of the night. Then I tried Xanax...I loved it. It had all the anxoylic properties of Ativan, and it made me feel giggly and drunk. I got prescribed to the XR formula of it and shortly after got my doctor to put me on the instant release formulation because it's cheaper. It didn't take long for me to wonder how anyone can take that stuff everyday and keep their sanity. I would wake up shaking and nervous and out of touch with reality, popped a pill and felt incredible ten minutes later. Then a few hours later start freaking out again before popping another... it was a rollercoaster ride of alternating hell and bliss. So I called my shrink and explained the problem and she put me on Klonopin, which I have been on ever since. After I took the first pill I thought that all my anxiety issues would finally be resolved, and it worked great for a long time. Then I saw a new doctor who was a quack and let me raise the dose to 4 mgs a day. So I spent two years in a coma, and can't remember much of anything that happened during that time period before going to jail... where I had to come off the 4mgs of kpin and my Subutex cold turkey. I don't even know how I lived through that. So where am I today? I take 1mg of kpin once a day in the morning, and that keeps my anxiety at bay all day long. It's been almost 7 years on benzos and I'm not even 23 years old and just within the last year I have gotten it under control. The 1mg of klonopin a day has worked with no problems for almost a year now, and I do not intend on EVER increasing the dose again. If the day comes when I feel comfortable tapering off of it, I will. Until then, I just have to be careful to not abuse them or take extras unless I REALLY need it and I'll be fine.

Bottom line...Tread carefully with the benzos, take the lowest dose possible as infrequently as possible and treat them as a medication instead of a drug. You will avoid all the problems discussed in this thread and live happily ever after... its common sense.

^ Couldn' have put it better myself. Less is more with benzos. Furthermore my doctor once gave me some very sound advice when giving me diazepam "for short term use" He said 'stay under 100 mg every 14 days' & you should avoid serious habit forming & adverse effects.

It's interesting reading all this information about Temazepam as back when i was prescibed benzos that was the one i was given. Why on earth would they prescribe the most dangerous and the most addictive before getting me to try anything else?!

I would have to say Temazepam because that shit HITS YOU LIKE A FUCKING TRAIN!! Like legit for real and lasts very-short time because it was designed that way to not effect R.E.M. sleep.

Sorry for bringing up a 3 year old thread, but since it's already posted I didn't want to repost it.

Imo, it's kind of obvious that Alprazolam/Xanax is by far the most abused benzo. Xanax is the Oxycodone/Heroin in the benzo family. Most popular, Xanax is everywhere, unlike other benzos, they're much more rare.

Top 5 most abused benzos IMO in order,

1. Alprazolam/Xanax, the Oxycodone of benzos.
2. Diazepam/Valium
3. Clonazepam/Klonopin, the Methadone of benzos.
4. Lorazepam/Ativan, the Hydrocodone of benzos.
5. Temazepam/Restoril

As for the safest benzo, there really isn't any safe benzo, they all have similar sedative effects and any benzo can cause you to black out in higher doses which is VERY dangerous. Most people who black out report saying they wake up in either the hospital or jail, 2 places you don't want to be in.
So with that said, the safest benzo is a weak benzo like Librium in the smallest dose possible cut in 1/4's.

Id have to agree with everything said here; Safest non addicting benzo is like asking what the safest non addicting narcotic or opiate Lol:

I can just tell you guys i was taking valium for about 6 months at doses about 40-80mg per day all go from the dark net; and boy that 6 months was amazing; i had no problems at all what soever; However i spent another 2-3 months then tapering the valium down to 2.5mgs and jumped off at 2.5mgs and it was FUCKING BRUTAL.

Benzo withdrawal is so fucking scary and brutally long; it makes me now take benzos VERY VERY sparingly and most important NON habitual; NO MORE Than one day every 2 weeks or once a week;

They are seriously the most brutal drugs i have ever withdrawn from; words cannot describe that shit.

My god its been about 3 months since i quit and I'm getting better and since I've quit I've only taken xanax a few times for acute anxiety/panic.

Hopefully the withdrawal isn't being restarted; But valium withdrawal was absolutely terrifying and i was still on methadone; If i wasn't on Methadone I would've probably killed myself due to the amount of anxiety, panic, paranoia, weirdness of feelings etc etc.

There are many days where i was CONVINCED i was actually DYING; I kept going to do the Dr in a panic but got full blood work and i mean FULL. EVERYTHING; My dad owns a blood lab so its convenient i can get everything tested whenever.

But everytime i would get tested everything would pass with flying colors. It was definitely caused by Benzo wd. The most terrifying symptom would be the lack of sleep for a good 60 days;

and the first 30 days were the most terrifying nights of my life. I never ever feared going to sleep like i did those first 30 days;

Whenever I would finally go to sleep i would shake and twitch like crazy and every single noise i heard in my apartment felt like someone was breaking in to kill me;

Every-time my ac would click on and off i would panic thinking someone was breaking into my apartment to kill me; LoL;

I never realized how serious Benzos were until i went through that valium withdrawal from using for 6 months daily at does of 40-80mg; mostly around 40mg. I was using Apaurine blue tablets; It was quite an inexpensive habit about $20 a day; but i think that is the problem with Benzos... They are so easy to get and are RELATIVELY cheap and widely available more so that most drugs...

BE CAREFUL people.