• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Buying Syringes at the Pharmacy

titicaca2

Bluelighter
I have searched the internet, as well as Bluelight, but not came across a solid answer. If I'm missing a thread that talks about it, please just give me the key words so I can read it for myself, otherwise, my question is as follows:

Can you buy needles and syringes OTC in the U.S.A., or at least in Oregon?

And if you can, how do you go about this? What do you say?

I know there are needle exchange programs in my area, but iust legitimately purchasing them would be ideal.

Yes. Just ask for a 1 cc insulin syringe at your local pharmacy. That's how it is in California, and I wouldn't imagine it's much different in Oregon.

Some states offer free needle exchange programs as well - you turn in a used needle and get fresh one, etc

I dont do I/V drugs buy my buddy was wondering the same thing.. He is too scared to ask a pharmacist here in Va and I didnt know what to tell him. Anyone know if this applies in Virginia too?

Yes. Just ask for a 1 cc insulin syringe at your local pharmacy. That's how it is in California, and I wouldn't imagine it's much different in Oregon.

Some states offer free needle exchange programs as well - you turn in a used needle and get fresh one, etc
I'm pretty damn sure you need to at least show the pharmacist your diabetic RX in california. I had NO luck there.

Some places/states/pharmacies will make you sign for them. I have gotten some for a friend as I don't IV, I had to put my name and reason which I put as "diabetic". I'd say alot of places don't even go that far.

-> North and South American Drug Discussion

This is a legal question, but it depends on the state, or even the county in question. Therefor I figure people can discuss specific areas in NSADD. Mods, feel free to move or close this.

I wasn't sure about colorado so I just went to a walgreens a few towns over and askrd for my preference (29g 1/2inch 1cc). There were no questions asked.

I figured all pharmacies would be the same but I went to my local supermarket and asked for my preference and was told "You need to tell me what kind of insulin you use or show me a prescription."

I was nervous about my initial stroll into walgreens. I'm trying to quit the needle and would encourage you to not start if this is a new thing. If its something you've been doing then take a chance, you won't get arrested

My Story

Ok thought i would just share my experince. I bought needles in Missouri and was pulled over 30 mins later. It is not illegal to buy them, but this pharmcy thought they would ring the police anyway, because they suspected they were for illegal use. I was arrested and because my step son was with me, they tried to do me for child endangerment ..He is 16 and was never in any danger ..the felony was droped but not after i spent a month in county jail. I am now on 2 years private probation for a class A missdermener. I could have beaten it i think if i was willing to stay in jail longer and let it go to trial. But you better have the money for an attorny if that is what you wanna do. I had to sign any rights i did have away. I am only on private probation and only have to sent in a form once a month. They can call me in for a urine test at any time, but before things got bettter (got clean) for me. I was scared to buy clean equipment. So I went to the feed store and bought dog syringes and reused them alot. They get mighty blunt ....I am now clean, But i stil have the scares up my arm from the dog syringes ...It's no wonder hep C and aids are so ramped here..Oh by the way I'm an Australian citizen with a green card here. Green card & Citizen rights are basicly the same if you didn't know. I think the pharmcy should be sued til it don't have a penny to piss on. I heard you can get hep c from reusing your own equipment and if i ever did I defiently would try to sue. Only advice I can give you is buy them from an online pharmcy or if your gonna buy them local is know your rights and how to handle the police and you have enough for a good attorney. If anyone knows if i would have a case aginst the pharmcy anyone drop me an emails.
regards Adam.

I would purchase syringes from HERE they ship them right to your house. A little bit mre money but its nice.

in massachusetts one of the popular chain pharmacies sells needles otc, others may as well.

here in rhode island no need for a script, go right to the pharmacy counter ask for 1cc or 1/2cc, they givey you your needles with a big smile on their face. I dont even think theyre required to check if your 18 or not

No problem in Florida except for the 3 southern counties, Dade, Broward and Palm Beach you need a note from doc. The rest of the state is open and just ask.

click here for a link to a website based in canada i just found that ships needles to the U.S. for a reasonable price. Seems they have 100 packs for 30 USD.

Last edited by a moderator:
There real easy to find online. Without giving out a website (not sure if it's against the rules), I'd search Google for "Research Supply Company".

Or you can search for Scientific research sites which offer supplies, etc. Alot of them are real cheap and have discreet shipping.

I have done it OTC in VA, DC, MD, and FL and every time I just ask for a pack of 1 CC insulin syringes and they give them to you with no questions asked. I cant imagine it being to much more difficult in other states. At most they might ask for your id to make sure your are 18+