• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Buying Syringes at the Pharmacy

I live in Nevada. I was told you can just go up to a pharmacy and get a syringe with no questions asked.
I tested this theory I asked for a needle and the pharmacist looked at me like I was a complete idiot. " nah, we only give those out if you have a prescription for it." Maybe this pharmacist didn't know what he was talking, maybe I didn't know what I was talking about.
The internet has told me nothing. :(

There's practically needle and syringe stores in the TL of San Francisco... :(

Illegal in kentucky and california.

Fuckers around here refuse to sell any larger than 28 guage.

Illegal in kentucky and california.

Fuckers around here refuse to sell any larger than 28 guage.

huh illegal in California?

You can get Syringes at almost any pharmacy in California.
28 Gauge through 30 Gauge Never had any trouble at all.

The same with Oregon. Walgreens CVS etc you should not have a problem as long as you don't go in looking like a junky and strung out.

all you got 2 do is go to the drug store with an id that shows u r over 18 they sell them u dnt need a perscription its for eople with diabeties or some shit

I apologize if this is not the correct area for this post.

Here is the story: I live in New York City. It is legal to go to any pharmacy and buy insulin syringes with no prescription or anything, all you need to have is an ID to verify age. I have never had a problem buying syringes at any pharmacy ever, except from this one pharmacist.

Every time I go to this pharmacy (CVS) and this one particular pharmacist is working, he will NEVER sell me any syringes. He always has the same excuse: "We are all out of the information pamphlets so I cannot sell you any syringes."

Story on the Pamphlet: Now at the pharmacies out here in nyc, sometimes when you buy syringes, they will give you this little pamphlet about safe injection practices; cleaning the needles, disposal, cleaning the injection site, etc.

I have purchased syringes countless times from various pharmacies without getting this pamphlet. I even asked one pharmacist if they were required to give them out. She did not seem to be sure, but she had none, and said that it really wasn't necessary because most people know what they are doing if they are buying syringes without a prescription. The first time I even heard about this pamphlet thing is from this one pharmacist that will not sell them to me.

I find it hard to believe that every time he is working, there are no more pamphlets. He is also rude and gives me a bit of an attitude. I even asked him if he could sell me the syringes if I gave him one of the pamphlets that I had from a previous purchase. He said, "No, I have to dispense the pamphlet."

My Question: Does anyone know if Pharmacies in New York City are legally required to give you this pamphlet when selling you insulin syringes?

Is this particular pharmacist just a real tight–ass, rude, stickler for the rules type of guy, or is he lying to me and making it personal?

Since he is the only pharmacist who has ever given me a problem, and consistently gives me a problem, I am inclined to think that he's lying and just screwing with me because he thinks I'm some horrible junkie dope fiend.

Thoughts? Ideas? Legal Knowledge? Comments? All would be appreciated, thank you all so much in advance! You Bluelighters are really great.

I just found this bit of information: "Hypodermic needles and syringes provided through Expanded Syringe Access Program are accompanied by a safety insert explaining proper use, risk of blood borne diseases, proper disposal, dangers of injection drug use, how to access drug treatment as well as information about HIV/AIDS."

It does not say that this safety insert has to be included. Even if it is the law, every pharmacist I have ever come in contact with ignores it. This pharmacist obviously has a vendetta. He really makes me so angry.. He is not stopping anyone from using drugs if thats what they were buying the needle for in the first place.. and if they were using it for drugs.. they will just go and use a dirty needle.. or share.. increasing the spread of infections... what if someone has sex with his daughter and gives her HEP C or HIV... because he had to be a dick and refuse to sell someone a pack of clean needles.... sad.

source for above

Since this is very region-specific, let's try you out in a regional forum :)

OD>>>NSASDD

why not just bring the pamphlet with you and tell him thank you but you already have one..

my question is why do you go to differnt pharmacyds? why not hit up the same one?

i would start fuckin with the dude back

if hes the only one then its obviously personal, and id def be fuckin with him by now

Why not just go to a needle exchange program if you are in NYC?

why not just bring the pamphlet with you and tell him thank you but you already have one..

my question is why do you go to differnt pharmacyds? why not hit up the same one?

The OP said he already did that.

Being in NYC theres gotta be another pharmacy close by. I would just avoid that peticular cvs. Pharmasists are allowed to deny purchase of certain items at they're own discretion. I've have had asshole pharmasists do this to me as well.

Yea, pharmacists are just fuckin dicks sometimes and apparently they allowed to be dicks legally, its called their "discretion" which they are allowed to use whenever they feel like it, so basically whenever they want to. whenever they dont approve of somebody or something they use their 'discrection' and you cant really do shit.

Ive had pharmacists refuse to fill my prescription, a legitimate script, that i had filled at that same pharmacy before and they had it on record, becuz "it might be fake, and I cant call the doctor to verify it becuz its after office hours." even tho i filled the same script, same amount, same doctor, the month before with no problem, and even tho i have never, ever, in any pharmacy i ever been to, had the pharmacist make me wait until he called the doctor and "verified" the script before, apparently thats a "law." when i told him i knew it wasnt he said "well the law says im allowed to use my discretion." and he refused to fill it, even tho i had drove like 35 miles out of the way there becuz no other pharm nearby had the proper amount to fill my script. I had to wait til the next day to get the shit, it was ridiculous.

so ...yea....you are beat, pretty much just go to a different pharmacy. Not for nothin but lotta the pharmacies that i had problems with over the years that wouldnt sell me needles, pretty often it was a CVS...they seem to just be some uptight type fuckers at CVS I guess.

CVS haha can be a pain in the ass especially if you're shading looking dude like me and in the suburbs

I went to this pharmacy because it was late... this is the only one near me that has a 24 hour pharmacy. I waited till too late today like an idiot and just went back to the pharmacy, that asshole pharmacist just started his shift... just missed the other pharmacist leaving.

I just have to go earlier.. Thanks for all the replies!

I've got some good ideas on how to fuck with this guy... I wont discuss that though. :D

UPDATE: I went back to this very same pharmacy and I asked for a package of insulin syringes. They sold me a pack no problem, and they did not give me the safety info pamphlet... so I asked if they had any. He went to the back near where they keep the needles and grabbed one of them and gave it to me. He says they have had the pamphlets the whole time... and that they have a lot.

Therefore, that asshole pharmacist straight up lied to my face. He said there were no pamphlets, and when I asked when they were getting more.. he replied, "whenever they come."

Last edited by a moderator:
^yea that kind of shit happens all the time. you ask for a bag of BD insulin syringes they look at you like you have two heads. Where i live they have to sell them to you but its really at the pharmacists discretion. i usually say look, this is a public health issue and will show them my needle exchange club card and just tell them i couldnt get to the center that day. i know its weird admitting to it but who cares, its just some pharm tech ill prolly never see again.