• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Buying Syringes at the Pharmacy

1 cc, 1/2 inch diabetic insulin syringes. 28 or 29 gage. 100 units. Walmart usually sells them, but in a box of a hundo and its just under 13 bucks

Can get the BD 1cc/1ml/100u insulin syringes at Giant Eagle pharmacies very easily here in Columbus. No questions asked or logs to be signed without a prescription. I mostly avoid CVS because they tend to discriminate against young white males asking for syringes because the dope problem is so bad here (you'd think they would want to aid in harm reduction since there is no needle exchange program here). There are only 2 inside the outerbelt that I know for sure will sell them to me.

Thankfully here in Canada Ive never been turned down for syringes. The most they have ever asked was what do you need them for and that only happened once. I said i needed them since i suffered from a b-12 deficiency. Walmart is generally the best place to buy them since they have the most variety and sometimes even let me in behind the counter to pick out the syringes if they can't find them themselves. Shoppers drug mart can be bastards and not have the ones your looking for. I use 29 gauge long tips for the most part but sometimes i use 30 gauge short tips.

Syringes in Florida? Why won't anyone sell them?

I live in Florida, a state in which it is not required for anyone over 18 to have a prescription to buy syringes, and I've so far tried Walgreens and Walmart, and at both places I was told I had to verify where I get my insulin. I have recently been studying safe IV use and I'd like to experience this method with DMT.

Much appreciated, and thanks in advance

If the law is the same as Texas (I don't know if it is) then it is up to individual pharmacists to decide what the policy is for their particular pharmacy. I live in a pretty large city, so when I was using syringes, I would often go to small non-chain (mom & pop) pharmacies, usually ones in ghetto areas/areas where drugs are commonly purchased and they wouldn't give me any hassle. Their prices were alot higher, though, than the larger pharmacies in other areas. The trick is just to keep hitting up pharmacies until you find one that will sell them to you. It's not illegal to ask to buy them, so they can't do anything but tell you no. If they question you, you can say you are getting them for your mother (or grandmother) and she is homebound so you dont know anything about her insulin.

If the law is the same as Texas (I don't know if it is) then it is up to individual pharmacists to decide what the policy is for their particular pharmacy. I live in a pretty large city, so when I was using syringes, I would often go to small non-chain (mom & pop) pharmacies, usually ones in ghetto areas/areas where drugs are commonly purchased and they wouldn't give me any hassle. Their prices were alot higher, though, than the larger pharmacies in other areas. The trick is just to keep hitting up pharmacies until you find one that will sell them to you. It's not illegal to ask to buy them, so they can't do anything but tell you no. If they question you, you can say you are getting them for your mother (or grandmother) and she is homebound so you dont know anything about her insulin.

Thanks, I'll keep shopping around. I live in a relatively small to medium sized city, but one with a pretty disproportionately high amount of drug use, so I'm bound to find one eventually.

In MD it is up the pharmacist but they are usually to busy to hastle you and dont give a shit. Usually dont have a problem.

if they give you shit, tell them you'll just use dirty needles from other people. put the guilt trip on them

here are types:

◦Insulin lispro (Humalog®)
◦Insulin aspart (NovoLog®)
◦Insulin glulisine (Apidra®)

◦Insulin glargine (Lantus®)
◦Insulin detemir (Levemir

◦Insulin lispro protamine/insulin lispro (Humalog® Mix50/50, Humalog® Mix75/25)
◦Insulin aspart protamine/insulin aspart (NovoLog® Mix 50/50, NovoLog® Mix 70/30)

•Intermediate-acting plus short-acting: NPH insulin/regular insulin (Humulin® 70/30, Novolin® 70/30).

another thing to tell them is that you self administer allergy shots. Thats worked for me too several times

Last edited by a moderator:
Extremely hard to find a pharmacist who will sell you rigs here in NJ.
It's a crapshoot.

One would think in this day and age every pharmacy would have a sharps container so people could dispose of their shit safely. And also buy clean works.

In IL syringes are legal to buy but if you get caught with them you can get arrested (unless you have a needle card). What kind of dumb shit is that?! I have a needle card from the needle exchange but was arrested when I was younger for having clean syringes that I purchased legally from Walgreens. Is any other state like that?? I've always been curious.

or NY if youre closer. I was off dope when they made syringes legal to buy in NJ but when I started using again after the law passed I still went to NY cuz I had a feeling it would still be ridiculous to even bother trying here in jersey. Weird shit...

In IL syringes are legal to buy but if you get caught with them you can get arrested (unless you have a needle card). What kind of dumb shit is that?! I have a needle card from the needle exchange but was arrested when I was younger for having clean syringes that I purchased legally from Walgreens. Is any other state like that?? I've always been curious.

There was a survey done amongst people with needle exchange cards in NY and I think it said the majority of the people still got arrested with their clean syringes even after showing the police their card. The cases got thrown out though, but you still have to deal with the hassle of being arraigned, etc...

I don't think you even need an exchange card in NY anymore though since they started the expanded syringe access program.

I've only been given a hard time once, and it was a pretty awkward situation, so now I don't like buying needles unless it's at the one designated "spot" every good junkie in the New Haven area seems to know about; that place is really good, actually, and they even have pamphlets all about how to shoot up correctly and safely.

But all of the chain pharmacies around here? They're hit and miss... some of them will sell them to you, and others won't. (shrugs) It's kind of a real pain in the ass...

In Illinois you can buy two packs. Sometime you sign a log, sometimes you don't. I usually say my aunt flew in and they confiscated her insulin syringes at airport security. And since I don't have track marks they believe me. Never go to the same pharmacy twice. I'm a snorter but i help out my shooter pals.

Here in MD ya gotta have a fuckin prescription. Yup a fuckin prescription. Idk why but ya do. So i take a ride up to PA to the nearest pharmacy an buy as many 10packs as they have an come home. Problem solved.

here in Boston just go to any pharmacy, all the big name ones in the area; they all sell a 10pk. plus, alot of needle exchange programs in/around the area.

Here in MD ya gotta have a fuckin prescription. Yup a fuckin prescription. Idk why but ya do. So i take a ride up to PA to the nearest pharmacy an buy as many 10packs as they have an come home. Problem solved.
They just say that a lot of times to discourage users. From what i have read md considers them a right to life item and can be sold at the pharmacists discrecion. Ive had more luck in grocery store pharms than the big chain stores. Ive even been able to get them from big chain stores in towson of all places. If the tech turns you down ask for the head pharmacist and simply explain that its a public health issue not a legal issue and a lot of them will just sell you a ten pack. I had a card for the needle exchange and a few times i said i couldnt get to the van bc its closed and that would usually always work. I mean, most ppl excluding junkies and insulin users arent going into a pharm and asking for a very specific needle size and ga lol. I never tried to hide it, and thats partly why i think they tell you they need an rx to fill them. Usually mean insulin as most rx meds meant for injection will come in a carpuject or other prefilled spike.