• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

(Photography) Why you love the place you live

Reviving for both Caleb and Tranced and everyone else. Post photos of where you live and what you love about it; where you find beauty. It's everywhere!:)<3

I love where I live because I can grow things year round and this summer I got these volunteer sunflowers that ended up being about 12 feet tall!

Love your photos... sunflowers - tourne sol - the most warm, alien and beautiful.

You Ms Herb are but a beautiful pixie, in the cavern of that tree trunk btw. :D <3

Why do I love where I live? Let's see...

The beautiful mountains
NSFW:

k77Pra0.jpg

The amazing plants
NSFW:

ri9HCQh.jpg

NQh1e4v.jpg

86icxST.jpg

sdAp8jH.jpg

cSdBdQ5.jpg

The beautiful animals
NSFW:

hJ2QEcX.jpg

8Hr5J0i.jpg

The amazing mountain rivers and thousands of waterfalls
NSFW:

c7DN8jS.jpg

pgkV1MI.jpg

The delicious wild edibles (these are chicken of the woods mushrooms, the most amazing mushroom I've ever encountered by far, so good and you can only find them, they don't sell them anywhere that I'm aware of)
NSFW:

LIjhh85.jpg

...Among many other reasons. <3 Appalachia

EDIT: Oops, forgot to shrink those. Oh well, I like that you can see so much detail.

Damn you X! I'm full of the envies now.

I live in town but I'll try and remember to take random pics. I love my area and concrete jungle.

amazing pics, xorkoth. where do you live?

Can I come live with you Herb? Stunning garden <3
herb's house is an idyllic wonderland. you should post a picture of your back yard, herb. it's the kind of space i dream of having one day...

alasdair

I live in Appalachia, western north carolina, in the most popular destination city there.

Damn dude, that is pretty fucking spectacular! Where is that beach? I assume somewhere kiwi?

GF, that compares somewhat favourably to the seaside at Skegness or Bognor Regis right? =D

I can see why you'd want to live there.

I love the place I live because these are never more than an hour and a half away

ammUOgt.jpg

jUofIFz.jpg

People love the Holidays

61R2Mj5.jpg

And especially because these two are never far from me

9YWwxWg.jpg

45wN38a.jpg

^^ That made me smile. :)

I love where I live because this is a short drive from my house (also the autumn colors, and because this is where I park to go climb boulders through a river with tons of waterfalls and swimming holes)
E2HFKmN.jpg

Also because in the men's bathrooms, instead of hate speech and penises, there's a bunch of hilarious stuff like this:
ICvxjEQ.jpg

Nice pics. Appalachian?

I have some p good/funny bathroom wall pics from around here. Good to see college kids getting a bit more creative than the usual hate / penis stuff

Skills on the photography there, Jah. Where do you live?

I'll try and dig out some decent photos of where I'm from, but in the mean time, one of the reasons I love the UK is because you're never too far from places like this.

3YVoYR4.jpg

e4hZLLR.jpg

sfP92V5.jpg

26oeQgN.jpg

e6Rgppv.jpg

hZCsP1I.jpg

Nice pics. Appalachian?

I have some p good/funny bathroom wall pics from around here. Good to see college kids getting a bit more creative than the usual hate / penis stuff

Yeah, western NC. There's tons of it here, pissing when you're out drinking is always good for some laughs.

Skills on the photography there, Jah. Where do you live?

I'll try and dig out some decent photos of where I'm from, but in the mean time, one of the reasons I love the UK is because you're never too far from places like this.

3YVoYR4.jpg

e4hZLLR.jpg

sfP92V5.jpg

26oeQgN.jpg

e6Rgppv.jpg

hZCsP1I.jpg

hey, ty! All done from my cell phone, unfortunately I can't find my DSLR atm ;x.

I'm in Buffalo, NY (so, about as far away from NYC as you can be and still in NY)

very cool pics yourself

love trains and tracks and old buildings and bridges!

well done

kaxCEhj.png

Something went wrong with this pic but it looks pretty cool. Galahs noisily feeding their babies in the tree outside. Luckily they do it at sunset not sunrise.

Zeph, I can't believe you get to see those birds--a whole tree full of them?? I would probably faint.=D