• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

(Photography) Why you love the place you live

I think tnhese two were taken by Panic in Paradise?? (Not sure)

Okay- that is enough for now :D

In honor of my son, Ektamine, I am going to bump this thread. Ektamine loved the world. He loved the part of the world he lived in. It is a spectacular part of the world by anyone's standards but what I know about my son is that he would have seen the beauty in whatever part of the world he lived in and I think that is what he was trying to get everyone to do. Look around you and show us what you see---there's so much beauty available to us everyday! He had such a short time to be on this crazy, messy, beautiful planet. We have now--that is all we can be sure of. Let's post what we see and revel in it. I will be doing it for him starting with this and a quote from Panic in Paradise: " In a collapsing wave
is all that was
returning to where it was made."

Ektamine, no paddling out needed<3

In honor of my son, Ektamine, I am going to bump this thread. Ektamine loved the world. He loved the part of the world he lived in. It is a spectacular part of the world by anyone's standards but what I know about my son is that he would have seen the beauty in whatever part of the world he lived in and I think that is what he was trying to get everyone to do. Look around you and show us what you see---there's so much beauty available to us everyday! He had such a short time to be on this crazy, messy, beautiful planet. We have now--that is all we can be sure of. Let's post what we see and revel in it. I will be doing it for him starting with this and a quote from Panic in Paradise: " In a collapsing wave
is all that was
returning to where it was made."

Much much respect to you Sir.

I'll be back with some beautiful pictures of Wales UK later in the week.

downsized_1102011348.jpg

Need I say more?

What a nice picture you have there :) I'm really diggin the clouds...the sky in general. TBH, I would marry the sky if it was possible (okay not really) it's one of my obsessions.

Thanks!
You're in good company, there's plenty of people like us that are obsessed with the sky.

methadone, those are great, especially the door.

neko, you have the most incredible skies where you live.

This is my sea glass beach. Caleb came here with me for mother's day the last few years. It's not a beach for going in the water--too rough, too much undertow so not his kind of beach--therein lies the mother's day present.:D

Last edited:
Have to post one more--sorry about the double. This is that same beach. When the wave pulled out from the sandbar of a little stream that comes into it, this is the pattern that it left. Each time a wave came in it took more sand out and within an hour the sandbar was gone.