• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

(Photography) Why you love the place you live

Thanks man :)
I'm obsessed with clouds, sunsets, I mean actually I'm obsessed with the sky in general.

A man after my own heart - sunrise and sunset are my favourite times of the day, and i have thousands of shots of sky/clouds and sunrises/sunsets. :)

Sam and DFRS- You both must come for a visit sometime <3
I'll be posting more pics soon!!

^The hubby and i definitely will hun! <3 When we're at a stage where we can afford to get out and see more of the world, most definitely :D

Samadhi, whats the weather/climate like where you live?

It similar to here (CA, USA) although it looks a bit warmer, especially on the coast. I'd love to visit someday!

I'm in Melbourne, Victoria, so the weather can get BLOODY cold in winter, as the only thing between us an Antarctica is Tasmania ;) In saying that, Autumn is AMAZING, the weather can get really hot in Summer (high of 40 degrees C), no snow in the city, but it can snow at higher altitudes. The problem with Victorian beaches are that, especially south, while the water looks amazing, it's absolutely freezing, even in Summer. Some people may disagree, but i originally hail from Queensland where we have stunning beaches and the water is temperate.

I'm sure you would love Australia though :) Further north is sub-tropical, we have some of the most amazing beaches in the world, the centre is desert, rainforests, temperate forests... I really do love this country <3

^Awesome shots man. :)

NSFW:
R02-08.jpg

R02-03.jpg

e0a20420.png

ae7a3ad9.png

IMG_0006.jpg

Beautiful shots, guys&girls!

OhMyGosh – Poland looks beautiful!

Looking down the street I live on :D
GZog4.jpg

Ohmygosh, Keaton and ektamine... your shots are amazing.

ektamine, i can so imagine going for huge walks all around that area, it's like i can feel the warmth of the day through my screen <3

ektamine, i can so imagine going for huge walks all around that area, it's like i can feel the warmth of the day through my screen <3

^ This is what I do every day =D
Except I use a bike, so I can see more more more!

But yeah, I love living here. That last shot is literally ~500ft from my front door. I'm desperately trying to find work so I don't have to move.

Beautiful shots, guys&girls!

OhMyGosh – Poland looks beautiful!

Looking down the street I live on :D
GZog4.jpg

Killer view man :)
I'm super jealous

Ohmygosh, Keaton and ektamine... your shots are amazing.

I'm right there with ya. That shot makes me wanna kill a six pack of corona.
and than you :)

I don't quite got the beachs of California, but no place like home huh.
350014982v3_480x480_Front.jpg

jan_2007_pittsburghskyline_com_36.jpg

^This is right close by, you can the skyline a lot better when you go up the hill a lil bit.

warstreets029.JPG

^Few blocks from the crib, they supposed to be fixin this shit up cuz it's like a fuckin half mile from PNC Park/Heinz Field, but they prob never will.

3197582971_bbbb904ac1.jpg

^Too bad this place got robbed last year cuz the dude that owned it was sellin trees and dope out of it. Dumb mufucker reported it and ended up gettin busted with like 20 pounds of bud so it's closed now. Funny thing is it's not even 2 blocks from the Zone 1 Police Station on the same fuckin street.

Heinz_Field_Pittsburgh.jpg

^Nothin like bein able to walk to a Steelers game.

20081202092256Pittsburgh%20skyline.jpg

^For bein a pretty small city, we do got a nice skyline and with the mountains surrounding the city some nice views of it.

^ Hey bro... nice shots! I like the one of the buildings..

A fine place for a dip %)
g4jXI.jpg

Uj0XZ.png

I need my real camera fixed so I can get some forest shots.

Last edited:
ektamine, that last photo is so beautiful it's painful <3 I would cry happy tears if presented with a view like that.

Agree Keaton; this thread kicks SO much arse :D

South-East Victoria, The Great Ocean Road (it hugs most of the southern coastline of Victoria):

18441_280762647510_679907510_4027211_6955212_n.jpg

Last edited:
WOW!!! 8o

There might be some beautiful sunsets where I live... but, the water where you live is so much more beautiful!!! I can't get over that color... It reminds me of when I lived in the South Pacific (Western Samoa)

I would LOVE to ride my motorcycle (which I don't have any more :() along that coastal road, it looks gorgeous!

Speaking of Samoa... I'll try and dig up some of my pictures from when I lived there... now THAT is a beautiful country, inside and out ;)

Because sometimes, just sometimes, you manage to capture something like this.

sunrise.gif

A Fireball Rises / HD Gif / HD F4V

• 1 coastal Queensland home
  • 1 Canon 60D
  • 1 Sunday morning
  • 2 potential locations
  • 149 shutter actuations
  • 148 six-second breaks
  • 1 not-so-steady hand
  • 0 regrets

ekat- I love that secod photo of the ocean and trees in the foggy sunset. Beautiful.

samadhi- LOVE the Great Ocean Rd shot. Man, that view........