Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Phenergan for Insomnia

AyahuascaSeeker13

Bluelighter
Hi Guys... Been pretty messed up lately, trying to get off all this shit... I don't have any sleeper around, so I am wondering what dosage should i take of Phenergan to get to sleep...

I have a pack of like 50 25mg blue tabs... Let me know please someone... I need to sleep.

just try one, see what happens.
tolerance can build quickly, but at first a low dose should at least help you get to sleep.

25mg isnt enough
the packet says take 1-3 25mg pills ffs.
so take 75mg. thats what it says to take.
if ya turning to otc sleeping shit & ya really messed up u may s well get a good nights sleep.
i used to take phenergan before i got precribed antipsycthocis.
its actually a really good sleeping tablets with little side effects.
good for allergies. itchiness if u take opiates.

well 25mg is like taking a couple panadol, doin nothing.... I'm goin to take another 3, god i hope this works, i need fuckin sleep! and if the itchiness goes too, bonus.

Be careful with Phenergan/Promethazine because a high enough dose can cause deliriant effects. Most accounts of deliriant experiences are neutral at best, and generally very unenjoyable. Personally I think if 75mg or so isn't enough to sedate you taking more probably wont make it much more sedating but increases your odds of funny effects.

I have never experienced full blown delirium but a few times the odd high (in terms of using to potentiate opioids and alleviate some of the itch) dose of antihistamines with a little DXM gave me some intense as dreams and made me babble shite.

Restavit is OTC and it contains doxylamine succinate which is a 1st generation antihistamine much like promethazine, in my experience it is slightly more sedating than promethazine but not by a great deal. I would say if your success is limited with promethazine then restavit is unlikely to yield considerably better results. It is behind the counter so you have to speak to someone, I have been carded a few times and had my details recorded but this is only a few of many times buying it.

It is also worth noting that while 1st generation antihistamines do have somewhat sedating effects and can aid in sleep many people report a 'hangover' effect of feeling lethargic the next day. Frankly I don't find this effect to be over the top but I usually do note a bit of lethargy the next day after using them which I generally attribute to having used them.

I have had these before for sleeping problems before defo knock you out but leave you sleeping for like 12 hours and your left very groggy the next morning. Took 5mg once before with cocktails with a few mates before which was a very bad idea, dropped my ipod touch in a bucket and ruined it fs. Also my mate feel asleep on my bathroom floor after being sick and i was out of it on my bed. Parents couldnt get into my bathroom as he blocked the door being opened, also was impossible to wake me up either. Next day was left with complete memory loss no recollection at all of what happened the next day terrible i have to say. Just be careful with phernegan pretty strong

restavite (doxlamine) i dont think is as good a phenergan. infact phenergan is was better.
& it potentiates opiates ;)

25mg isnt enough
the packet says take 1-3 25mg pills ffs.
so take 75mg. thats what it says to take.
if ya turning to otc sleeping shit & ya really messed up u may s well get a good nights sleep.
i used to take phenergan before i got precribed antipsycthocis.
its actually a really good sleeping tablets with little side effects.
good for allergies. itchiness if u take opiates.

right, the packet recommends 1 to 3 tablets - starting with one tablet and increasing if needed. it's not that wise to suggest to someone to take 3 initially without any experience. OTC drugs need to be approached exactly like illicit street drugs.

personally i find doxylamine more sedating with no delerium at higher doses as experienced with phenergan.

I have used both restavit and phernergen for insomnia. I find restavit to be better, though phernergen will do in a pinch. I forget what dosage tablets I was taking of phernergen but I was taking 3 tablets.

For restavit I wouldn't take more than 2 tablets, 3 as an absolute maximum. the delirent effects start to be apparent around these dosages and the effects are just plain weird. not fun at all. restavit also has more of a grogginess the next day which I didn't really notice from phernergen.

Also to help you sleep, have a warm shower before bed, and have a cup of strong camomile tea or a cup of warm milk. cut back on the caffeine late in the day ect.

If you've been using alot of scripted sleeping aids like benzos or stilnox chances are it will take you a while before the over the counter sleeping aids work. so expect a few nights will little sleep.

3 Tabs didn't do shit. I woke up with a feeling like a blocked artery in my right side of chest and a headache... Don't know if that is a side effect, but it did fucking SHIT ALL!

Thanks for everyones info though... I guess it might be doctor time again to see what else I can do, and since i'm out of weed, im fukkkkkd.

if you've used antihistamines in the past to an extent you wont get the sedative effect.
120mg of phenergan has no sedative effect on me at all

i find phenergan and restavit to be better sleep aids than any benzodiazepine ive ever tried... its biggest downside for me is that the 'hangover', from restavit more so than phenergan, is pretty bad. especially when you need to be up and working at 7am.

edited post out
only just realized when i read your original post again u have te 25mg pills & not the 10mg ones they also come in.

Doxylamine is definitely more sedating in my opinion, worse hangover fatigue the next day though. It would be good to get a first-generation antihistamine with a lesser half-life; chlorpheniramine I find sort of fits this but is no where near as sedating as promethazine or doxylamine.