• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Norco for a beginner.. (Hydrocodone/Vicodin/Norco dosing information)

You're probably right. I am feeling something, just thought it would be more intense.

You basically only took 10mg because redosing isn't really effective at all, I have found, so taking that extra 5mg really didn't do much. So maybe take 15mg all at once or maybe upping to 20mg your second time should hopefully do the trick.

Yeah I usually suggest starting with 10mg (everything else has been addressed by some very accurate and experienced BLers already), but I'm guessing you could be female by your user name OP? I'm kinda average sized/small (5'2 but about 125 lbs) and 10mg used to almost make me nod, but after my 2 month binge with other opiates, I find now I need at least 20mg to feel something. I'd say try taking 15mg at once next time, some people have natural higher tolerances than others, but I've seen size come into play with opiates before (or significant size differences anyway, as well as gender, although this is not every case).

Yeah I usually suggest starting with 10mg (everything else has been addressed by some very accurate and experienced BLers already), but I'm guessing you could be female by your user name OP? I'm kinda average sized/small (5'2 but about 125 lbs) and 10mg used to almost make me nod, but after my 2 month binge with other opiates, I find now I need at least 20mg to feel something. I'd say try taking 15mg at once next time, some people have natural higher tolerances than others, but I've seen size come into play with opiates before (or significant size differences anyway, as well as gender, although this is not every case).

I wouldn't consider someone as having a "naturally higher tolerance" if they need 15mg. That's the usual recommended starting dose for most. If you can get high on less I'd say that you are lucky for not needing so much. My sister was able to get high from 10mg and I just had to throw a pillow at her :D It was innocent

I wouldn't consider someone as having a "naturally higher tolerance" if they need 15mg. That's the usual recommended starting dose for most. If you can get high on less I'd say that you are lucky for not needing so much. My sister was able to get high from 10mg and I just had to throw a pillow at her :D It was innocent

Yeah, I could too when I first started using it, even 7.5 got me high at first, 5mg was always just a physically therapeutic dose. And since I believe the OP is female, I'd say no effects from 10 with no real previous experience could mean a naturally slightly higher tolerance.

Yea, next time (probably tomorrow) I'll just start with 15mgs. I'm feeling pretty good right now but I had a couple drinks also.

Yea, next time (probably tomorrow) I'll just start with 15mgs. I'm feeling pretty good right now but I had a couple drinks also.

Be careful with mixing those...both cause CNS depression which can be fatal if the doses are too high, and the acetaminophen in the norcos, even if it's a relative small amount, is not good to have when you're drinking alcohol, since both are taken care of by the liver.

I'll be more cateful next time. I had two beers and I can understand why it could be dangerous.

Okay good, we're a harm reduction board so I just wanted to be sure to point that out. :) I also never really mix alcohol with opiates, I feel like it takes away from the opiated feeling and both substances intensify the nausea I get from each of them.

I'll be more careful next time. I had two beers and I can understand why it could be dangerous.

Okay good, we're a harm reduction board so I just wanted to be sure to point that out. I also never really mix alcohol with opiates, I feel like it takes away from the opiated feeling and both substances intensify the nausea I get from each of them.

Indeed. In addition to causing nausea and ruining the opiate high, adding alcohol to the mix is very dangerous for your liver due to the APAP content in hydrocodone combination products such as Vicodin, Norco, Lortab, etc.

Sometimes you don't feel anything on your first try because you really don't know what you're expecting. But usually on the second and third tries, you will feel the opiate high.

Hydrocodone feels a lot like Demerol, except I'd say Demerol is more sedative, causes more respiratory depression and it's shorter acting.

Sometimes you don't feel anything on your first try because you really don't know what you're expecting. But usually on the second and third tries, you will feel the opiate high.

Hydrocodone feels a lot like Demerol, except I'd say Demerol is more sedative, causes more respiratory depression and it's shorter acting.

You think hydrocodone feels similar to Demerol? Interesting. I think Demerol feels a little 'different' than hydrocodone but I can really explain how. I do see some similarities but never thought about comparing the two.

You think hydrocodone feels similar to Demerol? Interesting. I think Demerol feels a little 'different' than hydrocodone but I can really explain how. I do see some similarities but never thought about comparing the two.

Well it has a typical opioid effect, very similar to hydrocodone. Of course there is a little diference because meperidine is synthetic. But overall they have a similar very similar effect, especially when meperidine is IV'd.

I didn't really ever feel anything so I just gave up and went to sleep. I did sleep very well though.lol

Hydrocodone doesn't help with sleep for me, on the contrary, it makes it harder for me to get to sleep. It will give me a nod and I may end up falling to sleep for a couple hours but then I nod back into reality. I'll feel sedated but I always want to stay awake when I'm on opiates because I want to stay high for as long as I can. Then when it wears off I just want more.