• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Norco for a beginner.. (Hydrocodone/Vicodin/Norco dosing information)

MzHighandMighty

Bluelighter
I have a few 5/325 norco pills. I'm pretty new to the pill scene. I've only taken demerol and I like them pretty good. I was wondering how many norco pills I should take for a nice high. Also, what kind of high do they give you? I know it's a different class of pill than the demerol so, I'm not really sure what to expect.

If they're yellow, i think they should be 15 MG if im not mistaken.

Take one and see how you feel. Yellow NorCos fuck you up.

^Not all yellow Norcos are 15mg and not all Norcos are yellow. Some are 5, 7.5 or 10mg.

It's in the same class of drugs (opiates/opioids) as Demerol is, and the highs are actually quite similar. The active ingredient in Norco is hydrocodone.

I recommend starting with 7.5 (one and a half pills) to 10mg for your starting dosage, since it seems that you don't have any tolerance. The high will most likely remind you of the Demerol high, but everybody experiences it differently.

If you have any issues with itching, you can take an antihistamine such as Benadryl (generic name: diphenhydramine).

Good luck!

They're white and they are 5 mg. So, starting with 10 should be okay? Thats awesome that they are the same as demerol. The best way is just to eat them right?

first time hydrocodone dosing and effects

ok so i was looking for vicodin, but the closest thing i could find was watson 853 pills. i have never done any opiates, is this good to start off with? how many at a time to get a good feeling for a first timer? and can someone compare/contrast this to vicodin etc? any other comments are welcome, thanks

They both contain hydrocodone as the narcotic ingredient and are effectively the same.

Check out the Beginner's Dosage Guide for hydrocodone.

If you plan on taking a lot or using them often you will need to learn how to do a CWE Cold Water Extraction Mega Thread & FAQ v2.0 to get rid of the acetiminophen which is toxic to your liver in amounts over several grams.

First time dosing and info questions belong in Basic Drug Discussion

OD >>> BDD

Last edited by a moderator:
Depending on your body weight I would start off between 15-20mg if it's your first time with hydrocodone.

You'll feel enough to know what it's like, but most likely it's not enough to bring on nausea.

Anything under 15mg I've never been able to really feel, and I'm relatively small.

The highest dose of norco is 10mg.

Isn't 10mg the highest dose of any Hydrocodone containing pill?

I would start with 15mg, I'm a pretty small person and didn't feel really anything my first time taking 10mg... even on an empty stomach.
Yes, eat them, maybe break them in half if you want them to hit faster.

Edit: By the way, why take benadryl? The itch is amazing :D

What's said before. Hydrocodone and Vicodin are exactly the same thing.

Follow the dosage guide, I don't recommend starting with anything higher than 15mg.

^Probably the best course of action. If you've eaten recently (as was already mentioned) it could take over an hour for the effects to set in.

You should be feeling somthing off of 15mg. I've noticed a lot of opioid newbies expect a more intense fucked up kind of high and end up not noticing/appericiating the buzz. 15mg is a little low but it's better to be safe than sorry. 20-40mg is more of a recreational dose for someone with little to no tolerence. I wouldn't reccomend taking 40mg your second time though.

You should be feeling somthing off of 15mg. I've noticed a lot of opioid newbies expect a more intense fucked up kind of high and end up not noticing/appericiating the buzz. 15mg is a little low but it's better to be safe than sorry. 20-40mg is more of a recreational dose for someone with little to no tolerence. I wouldn't reccomend taking 40mg your second time though.

You're probably right. I am feeling something, just thought it would be more intense.

I always recommend 15mg for a newbie. If you have experience with Demerol you should be fine at that dose. If it works you'll feel very good from it. That was the first ever dose that I took and I was in heaven. Floating on clouds.