Bluelight

Thread: Norco for a beginner.. (Hydrocodone/Vicodin/Norco dosing information)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Norco for a beginner.. (Hydrocodone/Vicodin/Norco dosing information) 
    Capsule
    I have a few 5/325 norco pills. I'm pretty new to the pill scene. I've only taken demerol and I like them pretty good. I was wondering how many norco pills I should take for a nice high. Also, what kind of high do they give you? I know it's a different class of pill than the demerol so, I'm not really sure what to expect.

2. Collapse Details

If they're yellow, i think they should be 15 MG if im not mistaken.

Take one and see how you feel. Yellow NorCos fuck you up.

3. Collapse Details

Senior Moderator
    Basic Drug Discussion
    ^Not all yellow Norcos are 15mg and not all Norcos are yellow. Some are 5, 7.5 or 10mg.

It's in the same class of drugs (opiates/opioids) as Demerol is, and the highs are actually quite similar. The active ingredient in Norco is hydrocodone.

I recommend starting with 7.5 (one and a half pills) to 10mg for your starting dosage, since it seems that you don't have any tolerance. The high will most likely remind you of the Demerol high, but everybody experiences it differently.

If you have any issues with itching, you can take an antihistamine such as Benadryl (generic name: diphenhydramine).

Good luck!

BDD Guidelines! - BLUA - BL Search! - Conversions for Opiates & Benzos - Save Your Liver Do a CWE

4. Collapse Details

They're white and they are 5 mg. So, starting with 10 should be okay? Thats awesome that they are the same as demerol. The best way is just to eat them right?

5. Collapse Details

Senior Moderator
    Basic Drug Discussion
    The best and safest way is to eat them. Do not snort them. You should be fine starting with 10mg.

BDD Guidelines! - BLUA - BL Search! - Conversions for Opiates & Benzos - Save Your Liver Do a CWE

6. Collapse Details
    first time hydrocodone dosing and effects 
    ok so i was looking for vicodin, but the closest thing i could find was watson 853 pills. i have never done any opiates, is this good to start off with? how many at a time to get a good feeling for a first timer? and can someone compare/contrast this to vicodin etc? any other comments are welcome, thanks

7. Collapse Details

ok. thanx!

8. Collapse Details

They both contain hydrocodone as the narcotic ingredient and are effectively the same.

Check out the Beginner's Dosage Guide for hydrocodone.

If you plan on taking a lot or using them often you will need to learn how to do a CWE Cold Water Extraction Mega Thread & FAQ v2.0 to get rid of the acetiminophen which is toxic to your liver in amounts over several grams.

First time dosing and info questions belong in Basic Drug Discussion

OD >>> BDD

9. Collapse Details

Depending on your body weight I would start off between 15-20mg if it's your first time with hydrocodone.

You'll feel enough to know what it's like, but most likely it's not enough to bring on nausea.

Anything under 15mg I've never been able to really feel, and I'm relatively small.

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Soda-Pop View Post
    If they're yellow, i think they should be 15 MG if im not mistaken.

Take one and see how you feel. Yellow NorCos fuck you up.
    The highest dose of norco is 10mg.

11. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Cane2theLeft View Post
    The highest dose of norco is 10mg.
    Isn't 10mg the highest dose of any Hydrocodone containing pill?

I would start with 15mg, I'm a pretty small person and didn't feel really anything my first time taking 10mg... even on an empty stomach.
    Yes, eat them, maybe break them in half if you want them to hit faster.

Edit: By the way, why take benadryl? The itch is amazing

12. Collapse Details

i find tht i need 20mg to have a very pleasant euphoric high.

13. Collapse Details

I took 10mg at 7:45. No action yet.

14. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MzHighandMighty View Post
    I took 10mg at 7:45. No action yet.
    How much do you weigh? 10mg is weak, take 15-20. ESPECIALLY if you have eaten recently.

15. Collapse Details

Senior Moderator
    Basic Drug Discussion
    What's said before. Hydrocodone and Vicodin are exactly the same thing.

Follow the dosage guide, I don't recommend starting with anything higher than 15mg.

16. Collapse Details

I took one more which brings me to 15mg. I'm gonna stop there.

17. Collapse Details

Senior Moderator
    Basic Drug Discussion
    ^Probably the best course of action. If you've eaten recently (as was already mentioned) it could take over an hour for the effects to set in.

18. Collapse Details

Greenlighter
    You should be feeling somthing off of 15mg. I've noticed a lot of opioid newbies expect a more intense fucked up kind of high and end up not noticing/appericiating the buzz. 15mg is a little low but it's better to be safe than sorry. 20-40mg is more of a recreational dose for someone with little to no tolerence. I wouldn't reccomend taking 40mg your second time though.

19. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by psychedelic muffin View Post
    You should be feeling somthing off of 15mg. I've noticed a lot of opioid newbies expect a more intense fucked up kind of high and end up not noticing/appericiating the buzz. 15mg is a little low but it's better to be safe than sorry. 20-40mg is more of a recreational dose for someone with little to no tolerence. I wouldn't reccomend taking 40mg your second time though.
    You're probably right. I am feeling something, just thought it would be more intense.

20. Collapse Details

Somewhere between Eden and North Utopia. Somewhere beneath the astral plain
    I always recommend 15mg for a newbie. If you have experience with Demerol you should be fine at that dose. If it works you'll feel very good from it. That was the first ever dose that I took and I was in heaven. Floating on clouds.

21. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MzHighandMighty View Post
    You're probably right. I am feeling something, just thought it would be more intense.
    You basically only took 10mg because redosing isn't really effective at all, I have found, so taking that extra 5mg really didn't do much. So maybe take 15mg all at once or maybe upping to 20mg your second time should hopefully do the trick.

22. Collapse Details

Yeah I usually suggest starting with 10mg (everything else has been addressed by some very accurate and experienced BLers already), but I'm guessing you could be female by your user name OP? I'm kinda average sized/small (5'2 but about 125 lbs) and 10mg used to almost make me nod, but after my 2 month binge with other opiates, I find now I need at least 20mg to feel something. I'd say try taking 15mg at once next time, some people have natural higher tolerances than others, but I've seen size come into play with opiates before (or significant size differences anyway, as well as gender, although this is not every case).

23. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by purple_cloud View Post
    Yeah I usually suggest starting with 10mg (everything else has been addressed by some very accurate and experienced BLers already), but I'm guessing you could be female by your user name OP? I'm kinda average sized/small (5'2 but about 125 lbs) and 10mg used to almost make me nod, but after my 2 month binge with other opiates, I find now I need at least 20mg to feel something. I'd say try taking 15mg at once next time, some people have natural higher tolerances than others, but I've seen size come into play with opiates before (or significant size differences anyway, as well as gender, although this is not every case).
    I wouldn't consider someone as having a "naturally higher tolerance" if they need 15mg. That's the usual recommended starting dose for most. If you can get high on less I'd say that you are lucky for not needing so much. My sister was able to get high from 10mg and I just had to throw a pillow at her It was innocent

24. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by K'd-OUT-in-AZ View Post
    I wouldn't consider someone as having a "naturally higher tolerance" if they need 15mg. That's the usual recommended starting dose for most. If you can get high on less I'd say that you are lucky for not needing so much. My sister was able to get high from 10mg and I just had to throw a pillow at her It was innocent
    Yeah, I could too when I first started using it, even 7.5 got me high at first, 5mg was always just a physically therapeutic dose. And since I believe the OP is female, I'd say no effects from 10 with no real previous experience could mean a naturally slightly higher tolerance.

25. Collapse Details

Yea, next time (probably tomorrow) I'll just start with 15mgs. I'm feeling pretty good right now but I had a couple drinks also.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast