• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

fentanyl citrate for injection....will it work buccal?

R

rpk2621

2ml vial of fentanyl citrate, usp 100mcg (50mcg/ml).

I was wondering if there would be any effect (beneficial or adverse) by buccal administration, sublingual, or by simply drinking?

I have seen these issues addressed for other forms of fentanyl, but not for the vials labeled for IV or IM use.

If this is an option, would an increase in dosage be required? If one was to IV .5cc (25mcg) , around what would be a proper dose be if one were to attempt buccal absorption with this product? What would be an effective vehicle for delivery of a measured volume buccal?

Also, if a vial is expired by one year but has been in a cool, dry, pitch black location for well over two years would there be any concerns?

I am fully aware of the potency and proper dosages of fentanyl citrate in the medical setting via IV for moderate sedation.

More curious to know simply if the alternate methods suggested above would produce analgesia and euphoria.

Thank you for any information!

I'm a little rusty on my dosage conversions but fentanyl for injection is simply fentanyl in a solution... it can be administered by any method described... potency of the dose will likely be similar by all routes... onset and duration will be the most noticable difference... in my experiences back in the day with fent anyways...I've beeen clean for years now...

^spot on except for saying 'potency of the dose will likely be similar by all routes'. That is patently false.

Bioavailability
  • 92% (transdermal)
  • 89% (intranasal)
  • 50% (buccal)
  • 33% (ingestion)

^with the transdermal route, when you use patches they are designed VERY carefully to administer very precise doses.

With the intranasal route, the window you have between an effective dose and a lethal dose is smaller than with buccal so given how potent fentanyl is, the risk of overdose is simply too high. Unless you can GUARANTEE the dose you're putting up your nose and absolutely know your tolerance, I would really encourage people not to do this.

^with the transdermal route, when you use patches they are designed VERY carefully to administer very precise doses.

With the intranasal route, the window you have between an effective dose and a lethal dose is smaller than with buccal so given how potent fentanyl is, the risk of overdose is simply too high. Unless you can GUARANTEE the dose you're putting up your nose and absolutely know your tolerance, I would really encourage people not to do this.

well shit, thats what i mean.

determine a safe dose and slowly over the course of five minutes drop it in so it has time to absorb.

i never said just dump the whole thing up your snoz