• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

zombie apocalypse... how would you survive??

Allthough I like the virus/scientific explanation for zombies almost has more holes in it then the supernatural one. Surely if there was some "Rage" virus where all the people who had got it would attack anything as much as it physically can, all the zombies would eventually just end up congregating together in each large area and kick, rip the shit out of each other, problem sovled.

It's all about the pheromones. Zombies (science based or supernatural) hunger for healthy living flesh. The brains are the best (or so i've heard).

Allthough I like the virus/scientific explanation for zombies almost has more holes in it then the supernatural one. Surely if there was some "Rage" virus where all the people who had got it would attack anything as much as it physically can, all the zombies would eventually just end up congregating together in each large area and kick, rip the shit out of each other, problem sovled.

Atleast the need for live human brains/flesh explains why they dont attack each other.

I think the only way a zombie type appocolypse would happen would be if mind controlling parasites were the cause.

http://www.livescience.com/7019-mind-control-parasites.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGSUU3E9ZoM

This would explain all traits of zombie behaviour.. extreme violence (to spread their parasite eggs into next host), lack of intelligence (unless it's some super fukin advanced parasite) and their lack of interest in eachother (no need to infect the infected)..

Yea Dead Snow is fantastic ^_^

Oh, and on the Zombie front - Bitches ain't gettin through double glazing ;)

WOAH WOAH WOAH someone on page 2 asked what type of zombies... it was CLEARLY stated in my original post these are pretty slow and dumb, not fast and agressive :D
Also A* to the comment about being in a grounded nuke sub with a bunch of hippies, no one knowing how to surface it lol

There was the Norwegian one last year with the Nazi zombies coming up of the snow or something.

Can't remember the name but it looked pretty funny/shit.

Dead Snow. I bought it off play a few days ago for £2.19, it's since gone up to £2.99

Aye, I forgot about that. Cracking film. Fucking hilarious as well, we watched it on a comedown in my mate's one afternoon.

I'd rob every pharmacy in town first and foremost, then go around looking for all the local constabulary with a view to slaughtering them slowly and painfully. Off shore is a must of course, maybe set up a base on the isle of man, not too cold there. Set about draining and stockpiling fuel from any vehicles within range, as well as petrol stations, both for personal use and trade with other survivors.

Capture of analysis of zombie biology would be a must, with a view to engineering a phage or the like that selectively infects and 'kills' the buggers.

My GF would LOVE this thread, she has a thing about the coming zombie apocalypse, obsessed with it. She probably already has her buried equipment caches hidden all around the wilder parts of montana.

Vital equipment? good sized fixed-blade knife, a gas fuelled soldering iron, electronic parts liberated from suppliers or machinery, food, antibiotics, painkillers, sedatives, stimulants, nootropic drugs, basic surgical equipment+medical textbooks. Laptop+hand cranked charger. A welding torch would be a must also, for breaking and entry, as well as building armored vehicles and personal armor...lets see those bastards try to bite through a half inch of carbon fiber and steel plate, all held together, attatched to motors and powered by a big backpack mounted fuel cell/battery pack=D

Ala I am legend, a well equipped, secured lab would be a must. A mosque might be a great place to break into and fortify as an encampment, the minnaret would make a fantastic sniping tower, easy to booby-trap the staircase with a load of shaped charges made out of paint cans full of ball bearings and other such shrapnel, if one of our flesh-munching friends trips one of those, the result is going to be a zombie-shaped hole in the wall, and a nice squishy rain of internal organs. A prison might be even better, they are already built to be difficult to overrun, and of course, one could work all the sex offenders to death and then use them as either food or fertilizer for growing crops:)

Favoured armament?

Of course, always carry a good, solid knife, a good penknife with a saw, screwdrivers and a couple of solid blades, rather than a fancy but flimsy multi-tool, along with a larger fixed-blade sheath knife, and a sword worn across the back, something fast and light, built for cutting rather than battering and stabbing would be my style, such as a katana or bat'leth. When your out of bullets and hydide/H2 fuel cells/batteries theres nothing like slicing off arms, legs and faces to put your message accross, the message being a loud and clear 'oi! go to the crows you spleen-nibbling son of a cunt!'

First thing to do would be to build a gauss rifle and pair of pistols, easy enough to build, practical and unlike conventional weaponry, entirely solid-state so little or no risk of jamming when you are faced with a horde of infected just dying (or already dead) to pluck out your eyeballs to put on cocktail sticks for their martinis, and liberate as much chlorate weedkiller as possible, along with any nitrate fertilizers you can lay your hands on, and sulfuric acid drain cleaner. The former makes for a good incendiary mixture with sugar, the latter for nitric acid to make grenades/landmines/demolition charges with.

Tracking down surviving members of the local autistic community would be a priority also, simply because I think of my own first, besides, the world is going to need people with a good degree of intelligence, and ability to function without social interaction as lone wolves if needs be during the aftermath.

Personally, I'm with my girl on this, the zombie apocalyse cannot come too soon!

I'd rob every pharmacy in town first and foremost, then go around looking for all the local constabulary with a view to slaughtering them slowly and painfully. Off shore is a must of course, maybe set up a base on the isle of man, not too cold there. Set about draining and stockpiling fuel from any vehicles within range, as well as petrol stations, both for personal use and trade with other survivors.

Capture of analysis of zombie biology would be a must, with a view to engineering a phage or the like that selectively infects and 'kills' the buggers.

My GF would LOVE this thread, she has a thing about the coming zombie apocalypse, obsessed with it. She probably already has her buried equipment caches hidden all around the wilder parts of montana.

Vital equipment? good sized fixed-blade knife, a gas fuelled soldering iron, electronic parts liberated from suppliers or machinery, food, antibiotics, painkillers, sedatives, stimulants, nootropic drugs, basic surgical equipment+medical textbooks. Laptop+hand cranked charger. A welding torch would be a must also, for breaking and entry, as well as building armored vehicles and personal armor...lets see those bastards try to bite through a half inch of carbon fiber and steel plate, all held together, attatched to motors and powered by a big backpack mounted fuel cell/battery pack=D

Ala I am legend, a well equipped, secured lab would be a must. A mosque might be a great place to break into and fortify as an encampment, the minnaret would make a fantastic sniping tower, easy to booby-trap the staircase with a load of shaped charges made out of paint cans full of ball bearings and other such shrapnel, if one of our flesh-munching friends trips one of those, the result is going to be a zombie-shaped hole in the wall, and a nice squishy rain of internal organs. A prison might be even better, they are already built to be difficult to overrun, and of course, one could work all the sex offenders to death and then use them as either food or fertilizer for growing crops:)

Favoured armament?

Of course, always carry a good, solid knife, a good penknife with a saw, screwdrivers and a couple of solid blades, rather than a fancy but flimsy multi-tool, along with a larger fixed-blade sheath knife, and a sword worn across the back, something fast and light, built for cutting rather than battering and stabbing would be my style, such as a katana or bat'leth. When your out of bullets and hydide/H2 fuel cells/batteries theres nothing like slicing off arms, legs and faces to put your message accross, the message being a loud and clear 'oi! go to the crows you spleen-nibbling son of a cunt!'

First thing to do would be to build a gauss rifle and pair of pistols, easy enough to build, practical and unlike conventional weaponry, entirely solid-state so little or no risk of jamming when you are faced with a horde of infected just dying (or already dead) to pluck out your eyeballs to put on cocktail sticks for their martinis, and liberate as much chlorate weedkiller as possible, along with any nitrate fertilizers you can lay your hands on, and sulfuric acid drain cleaner. The former makes for a good incendiary mixture with sugar, the latter for nitric acid to make grenades/landmines/demolition charges with.

Tracking down surviving members of the local autistic community would be a priority also, simply because I think of my own first, besides, the world is going to need people with a good degree of intelligence, and ability to function without social interaction as lone wolves if needs be during the aftermath.

Personally, I'm with my girl on this, the zombie apocalyse cannot come too soon!

kill all the chickens

Live on second story of steel structure first story is just a large open garage. One narrow outside stairwell to access home. Steel door, steel door frame... ya paranoid dope head already knows there is four screws holding the upper section of the stairs up... figures that if the staircase were gone that on top of a double set of both heavily secured doors with custom oversized steel hinges bolted down with one inch bolts combined with enough loaded and ready fire power to level a small city, it would all be irrelevant of the fuckers can't fly lol. Second story, solid steel structure, single access point, nonflammable exterior and a narrow external staircase = Zombie apocalypse survivor. Just gotta hop down thru the insane hordes of undead to get enough gear to last a few weeks. Remember if you are awake 24/7 them bastards won't ever catch you offguard :p

All i can say is that i hope you guys taking this seriously have been using Left for Dead to practice.

It's all about keeping your team alive and conserving ammo whilst looking for the next safe room / ammo depo. Until you can complete the game on Expert you don't stand a chance in the real world.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3Sdsp5xKSw

7 years later...EADD any better prepared for the Zombie Apocalypse?

1_Zombie-Apocalypse-plans.jpg

I actually thought about this the other day what would happen to all the drug addicts if the country ran to a halt, I wouldn't like to be on 200mg of methadone going into a forced rattle being chased by zombies.

I don't think I would live very long. It's interesting thinking about situations like this its similar to the holocaust and from reading about it the people who survived where not the nicest they were the strongest and had to be horrible to get through it. Morality go's out the window when people are starving.

First tasks would be liberating the pharmacy, I'd give the pharmacists a choice-join a team, clear off after opening the CD cabinets.

Obviously a lot of looting, I'd strip them not just of opioids, stimulants, GABAergics, anticonvulsants of various kinds, etc., but I'd strip them bare to the bones, everything, even things I didn't or could not use myself, would become very valuable in the years to come, to trade for other resources.

And I myelf would have a lot to offer as a companion. If taking things from a perspective of something like the fallout game series character-building stat system, I'd say my core stats would be physical strength-on the lighter, functional end of the scale, I'd not be the big hulking mutant monster with shit for brains but capable of grabbing a bull ox by the arms and legs and ripping it in half down the middle with my bare hands, definitely not.

Very, very high perception. Almost ghoul-esque perception, a light sleeper and likely to awake if something squirrely and sly is going down close by and be capable of reacting fast, I've got near supernatural levels of perception if I were to be a fallout type character in creation, its of natural origin of course, being because I have in effect, bugger all by way of sensory filtering, , everything comes in and I have to sort it on the fly, being autistic.

Endurance, I'd say low thanks to medical issues, Got glass through my patellar tendon as a little kid, fell on a big spike of it, that went straight through and into my knee joint. And as I was recovering after surgery, I got jumped by 20+ pikey shitbags, my knee and plenty other places stamped on, kicked in etc., and that has left me with a bad knee, plus some nerve damage fter a second surgery aimed at removing some bone fragments from the joint that were gouging and spiking their way around my joint and tendon. And trochanteric bursitis, both sides. Hurts like hell, and I'd need access to pain meds especially for pre and post-medicating when planning for the shit to start hitting someone else's fan, or after the fact when, and lets face it, it is a must in such a post-apocalyptic clusterfuck of a mad-max type of society, when one has been raiding and killing either defensively, to prevent others taking what is mine, or to take what belongs to me but currently resides in the temporary custody of somebody having delusions of ownership and who is disinclined to part with the property they are about to find out is mine.

More of a sprinter when it comes to speed than a marathon runner. More inclined to choosing my inventory wisely, rather than serving as the pack-horse brute for a squad. Might not be able to dual-wield a pair of .50 cal browning heavy autocannon loaded with depleted uranium ammunition with a flamethrower and rocket launcher strapped over my back and big barbarian battle-axe, whilst loaded up with 300 pounds of equipment, ammunition, medical supplies and poisons.

Intelligence-excellent, I am autistic, go figure. Same as with perception, its right up there as one of my prime core stat focuses,

Agility-naturally it'd be lowered from average but this debuff is offset by my having some martial arts training, took several gradings in the shukokai style of karate, and that has helped me improve my agility, in sparring, and in learning the stances and fluidly changing from one to another.

Luck-average. good considering I got to be born a spazz of course.

Particular skills I've honed are ones that definitely would be of use as either a party leader or member:

I am of a highly logical character, not given to being emotionally ruled and jerked along like the psychological puppet of wild emotion. And with what is naturally a lessened ability to read neurotypical 'between the lines' type 'communication' style, I've been forced to learn to analyze such communication methods as are non-native languages, in order to be capable of interacting with those not of my own kind (although I have always preferred the company of other auties, and of aspies, and always will, to that of NTs, I just get on better with fellow auties, and with aspies....and of course, that being the case, I have rather a particular 'type' when it comes to the ladies. I am only attracted to spesh girls, the more intelligent the better, although I have had partners in the past before who were of either average intellect, or who had some form of mental retardation.)

And that makes me not a bad mediator between other parties, capable of dispassionately disassembling people's viewpoints once they state same, and presenting the components of people's arguments (emotionally driven ones all too often) on a logical basis, founded on their psychology, to try and show the other parties what each other is thinking, AND as well, HOW they are thinking it, and WHY. What makes people tick)

I'd very likely, if there was no better skilled squad member available at least, in which case I would logically be better functional as a backup, to be a squad medic. I've studied how people work for most of my life. And how things can go wrong, Meaning both studying how to right such wrongs, and where desirable, to make somebody or a group of somebodies stop working.

(I.e healing fellow squad members, or poisoning people who need to be poisoned.)

I've a good understanding of chemistry, both synthetic organic and inorganic chemistry, biochemistry, and molecular biology. The sort of skills that would come in handy for any forming squad, when all the medicines have been used, all the recreationals gone, bar those which must be grown and harvested, the team are going to need someone who can both put things together (and of course, take them apart, for mining and such, mining in both senses, even, the mineral-harvesting variety, and the creation of nefarious contraptions intended at blowing the arms and legs off unwanted interlopers, zombified or otherwise) to MAKE more medicine, or culture antibiotic-forming microorganisms, someone who wouldn't have to learn from scratch how to handle potentially poisonous reagents, how to MAKE the reagents needed to make medicines and recreationals, and having quite a bit of experience with explosive devices, the making and use thereof (you could say, that in my childhood DIY-uni days as both student and teacher at once, I majored in chemistry, and minored, with distinction, in explosive devices and incendiaries.)

Be it healing substances, recreational drugs and extracting nonsynthetic organism derived actives from plant sources, how to prepare solvents and recycle reagent byproducts, recycle solvents, already got the glassware and other assorted lab equipment and supplies, and a good set too., or manufacturing of explosives, chemical warfare agents, traditional and more on the fly and inventive, Why waste ammunition on shooting individual zombies when you can rig up a dispersal explosive charge, to launch nerve agents, or slather them in white phosphorus dissolved in a flammable solvent mixture and light those brain-sucking babyfuckers up like a cheap christmas tree covered in flaming white phosphorus dissolved in petrol and carbon disulfide (CS2 is an excellent solvent for white phosphorus and it ignites with great ease). Serves....well how large a crowd of zombies are there to burn alive? (or un-dead depending on what stripe of zombie you have on your hands trying to rip your head off and suck out the chewy bits with a straw). Screw how many its to serve, and focus on how to do the serving. Namely extra-crispy. Roasted, toasted and ghosted=D

I'd taper off my pain meds to a point where I was able to not use them without withdrawing physically as a matter of top priority, using ultra-low-dose naltrexone combined with high dose memantine to enhance the rapidity at which I could achieve success. That way I wouldn't face such a problem, which could of course easily be fatal, or worse than fatal, and use them only when necessary. Using alternate pain meds to opioids for daily use, but opioids of course where needed, such as during a mission (obviously not at nodding doses), or after something went south, quickly and after taking a pounding.

Improvization of firearms, such as using water as a propellant, by adding a pair of wires to cartridges filled with water plus a little of a salt to serve as an electrolyte, and blasting an electrical charge from a capacitor array configured as a marx generator to suddenly flash-vaporize the water and produce a plasma, for example, using the plasma pressure to drive a projectile out of a barrel. And of course, well, explosives are a house speciality, or at least they were when I was a kid, back then I used to love blowing shit up, and whilst I don't go haring off anywhere leaving a trail of smoking craters, bombed-out 'scenery' (think anything particularly amusing to blow to hades to a wee preteen kid who's just discovered the virtues of mixed concentrated HNO3/H2SO4 when applied to already partially nitrated toluene, for example, when combined with a primary HE and blasting cap), and the virtues of a huge smoking crater where something like a derelict long abandoned car used to be, leading to a naughy autie preteen cackling with laughter.

And while I am not amoral as such, my morals are my own, that is to say I live by something, but I alone decide what that is to be. And I am perfectly capable of being both the kindest, most compassionate (and if appropriate, loving) guy someone could meet, I'm just as capable of being a total bastard, or at least, acting as what whioever on the receiving end would consider most certainly to be a bastardly manner, and not having any problems with it, before, during or after. Which people get, is determined generally, in the absence of a zombie apocalypse, by how people would treat me, post-apocalypticness taken into account, I'd have as little issue killing a family with children because they were unaligned with my team, because they had food and would not part with it. And for that matter, eating the children first because they would be quickest to cook, and probably more tender when served lightly braised, perhaps in my fly agaric and peppery boletus gravy.

Other skills, would be excellent knowledge of botany and also what mushrooms one can, and cannot eat (or at least, those one only gets to consume the once), and the more...magical kinds of mushroom. The mushrooms that make good eating, thats a food source out there that takes expert specialist knowledge, gained over the course of a lifetime, ideally, to exploit to the maximum, and to do so safely. And better still, how to apply that knowledge, to turn them to their tastiest meal prospects.

I know what plants one can safely eat and what can't, As well as what plants can be used for medicine and how, as well as what and how can be used to extirpate pests. Zombified pests, un-zombified humans who make themselves...well...pestilential. Or poison fish in a way that makes them easily harvested and without poisoning the consumer.

Have lab, don't really have a moral compass that is aligned with the general status quo of moral compasses, can make things go boom, will travel. (preferably with at least one smoking hot classically autistic girl who has a thing for doing raunchy stuff with edible spreads.......(hehe, I'm thinking of a porn video there actually, but it boiled down to a hot autistic young teen stimming by doing hot stuff with peanut butter, all over her body.). Afterall, got to help repopulate the autistic community for the good of the human species=D