• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

question about vyvanse... possible to vaporize/smoke

orocker4lifeo

Greenlighter
So yesterday my friend was telling me his buddy told him that he smokes his vyvanse instead of eating it. My friend wasnt sure if this information was accurate so i figured id look into it. I search around the internet and couldnt really find anything. so i ask you my fellow bluelighters, is this possible or is it bullshit. And if you can should you vaporize it or just smoke it, also what are the effects/duration like compared to eating it?

I know vaping or smoking it is probably horrible for your lungs but is it possible??

Not possible. I don't know where you looked on the internet, but from the wikipedia article on vyvanse...

Lisdexamfetamine itself is inactive and acts as a prodrug to dextroamphetamine upon cleavage of the lysine portion of the molecule. It was developed for the intention of creating a longer-lasting and more difficult to abuse version of dextroamphetamine, as the requirement of conversion into dextroamphetamine in the gastrointestinal tract increases its duration and renders it ineffective upon any other ingestion routes than the oral route.

This is true. Smoking it would cause a bit of a sore throat and maybe some lightheadedness from hyperventilation depending how hard you suck.

yes it is possible, break open the capsules, run them thru 91% isopropyl using a coffee filter, evaporate on glass (pyrex dish) with heat from blow dryer or stove.

Using the 30's isn't worth it, but make sure you count the pills to know how many mg's you're going to get.

vape it off foil like meth, don't use glass it makes it black and ugly.

yes it is possible, break open the capsules, run them thru 91% isopropyl using a coffee filter, evaporate on glass (pyrex dish) with heat from blow dryer or stove.

Using the 30's isn't worth it, but make sure you count the pills to know how many mg's you're going to get.

vape it off foil like meth, don't use glass it makes it black and ugly.

Could you please explain this? I don't have a vast knowledge of Chemistry, but I know some. How would isopropyl alcohol be able to cleave off that lysine molecule from Lysdexamphamine to produce D-Amp?

OP: If you asked me dude you're out of luck, since it relies on heptic (Liver) activation of the drug, it doesnt matter the method of ingestion it will still have to run through the Liver to be psychoactive.

I'm not really sure honestly. i just know i tried it (vyvanse in place of adderall) because i was doing a purifying wash, i skipped the 'tone wash and went to evap instead.

vaping it compares to weak dope, with a lesser, more smooth rush. It's basically like dope you can manage.

^I suppose me saying it isn't possible to smoke is incorrect. The cleavage would still eventually slowly occur in the liver at least somewhat once the lisdexamfetamine was in the blood stream. It is a slow, painful, and ineffective method of getting it there by any method but through the GI though.

edit: the alcohol wouldn't help in anyway that I can see.

Nobody is right or wrong here, i'm to blame for not knowing how my MacGuyver tek works really. All i know is it works.

You might increase BSL levels rapidly thus causing a higher amount to be metabolized but I certainly don't think the rush would be worth a damn, esp compared to meth or hell even Adderall. So yes it would be/is possible, but I think the costs would way outweigh the benefits.

Just eat the damn things. This is the same pursuit as making "smokeable codeine". Total waste of time, and even if you get it working, it's no better than oral administration.

time to end this debate.
after searching on the internet more i determined that its either gonna work or not, but there no serious risk of doing it, so i decided to just try it.

i put it in my bowl with a fine screen and smoked it making sure not to touch the flame to the powder (like i do with JWH-18).

It did work, it took about 5 minutes to start kicking in and was fully kicked in after like 15 minutes. It had a nice rush to it, more speedy then any amount of adderal I've snorted. It hurt like hell to inhale, but i figured it would. I started only smoking about a half of a 20mg cap and that was plenty for me.

In conclusion, i enjoyed it (and still am /tweak /tweak :p) it's not something I'll do alot because it cant be good for your lungs but if i wanna be speedy but dont wanna be up all night ill do it again.

^It's a lot of work for something that you could just eat, if you ask me.

yes and no, yes it is more work as opposed to eating it. But if your a pot smoker its not much more work at all. Also it's better then eating it if you dont wanna be up all night. I say this because i noticed smoking it is more of a intense tweak, but it doesn't last as long as eating it.

I'm sure you're losing a lot of the potential of each dose (because Vyvanse is still a pro-drug) when you smoke it.

I doubt all that vapor and smoke is good for your lungs, either.

On top of the fact that you cannot smoke it, this thread has no HR value and so I am closing it.