• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Codeine Pills?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soda-Pop

Greenlighter
I have a few Codeine pills.

Back: They say "McNeil" (The Brand im assuming)
Front: Tylenol 3 Codeine

Wondering what they will do to me if i rail/snort one, or pop one. Either way Im wondering if anyone knows about these?

Thanks,

- Soda-Pop

From what I've read onsite, you probably want to get rid of the Tylenol before you inject that stuff. Too much acetaminophen can hurt you. There's a thread around here that details cold water extraction, which will render the product safer.

Tylenol 3s are 30mg codeine and 325mg APAP, plus 15mg caffeine if you're Canadian.

Eat 3 or 4 if you're an opiate newbie, 120mg codeine is about 12mg of morphine or 5-10mg of oxycodone. Codeine is a very itchy, sedating opiate so popping a Benadryl or other antihistamine like promethazine will help too.

Don't snort these, they're inactive unless they pass through your liver. And do a coldwater extraction if you plan to do it often or use more than a few (5-6 pills) at once.

Same process, you just drink the byproduct cause acetaminophen apparently doesn't dissolve well in cold water. If its only three Tylox then it'd probably be OK to pop all of em, as long as you aren't taking any other acetaminophen containing product. As for snorting it, I think it'd burn like hell, but it's ultimately your call.

Ninja edit - apparently codeine is not suitable for snorting.

Ima take two orally with a benydryl to get rid of itches. Im american so no caffeine, 15mg wouldnt effect me anyway since i drink energy drinks on the daily, i have a tolerence for caffeine..

Ill take a few and come back with results in about an hour or two.

Whats wrong with you dude ? You can't shoot codeine that is very dangerous it can kill you. Also don't snort it you can't snort codeine just take two of them and your set. Don't take more then two your first time and no need to CWE 2 pills just put em in your mouth get a glass of water and swallow it!

Don't blow it, snorting anything with tylenol BURNS like a motherfucker and because they are low potency bulky pills, the amount of powder you'd have to blow would be insane. Regardless, blowing codeine isn't the best way to get it in your system anyway because it needs to hit your liver first to get converted to morphine before it has any real effect. If you're gonna take them, the rule of thumb is to not exceed 4,000 mg of tylenol. If you're going to take enough to exceed the 4,000 mg tylenol mark, CWE is a must.

Check out the Beginner's Dosage Guide to see how much to take.
Or if you have an opiate tolerance see the Bluelight Opioid Conversion Chart

Codeine is generally best taken orally, however some people claim they find rectally results in a better high. Bypassing presystemic conversion of codeine to morphine by plugging is dubious logic at best though. Shooting codeine can result in a severe allergic reaction and pulmonary edema while not really getting you any higher so it isn't a good idea either (I know you said you weren't planning on it :)).

Acetaminophen (APAP) in the codeine preparation is toxic to your liver. If you plan on taking more than 3-4g in a day or take 2-3g on a daily basis you are going to want to refer to the Cold Water Extraction Mega Thread & FAQ v2.0 in order to remove most of the APAP while preserving the codeine.

Simple dosing and introductory questions about subjective effects of drugs should be directed to BDD so I'll move this thread over there in case you have any more questions.

OD >>> BDD

If you decide to skin-pop the pills, I would do the cold water extraction to avoid all the apap. Skin popping has reporedly produced results slightly better than orally (according to erowid). If you snort it, I would recommend doing the CWE, but then keeping the solution away from heat and sunlight until it dries into a fine, snortable powder. APAP is hard on the nasal passages. This powder can also be taken sublingualy. Snorting drugs usually gives them a quicker onset, but less latency. Codeine is usually tolerated very well orally.

Will it kill you to take 2 grams of apap at once? No, but I would make a habit out of it. Anything over 1 gram at once or 2 grams a day WILL cause liver damage, however small. If you exceed 3 grams at once or 4 grams a day you will be at serious risk of liver damage because your liver runs out of the enzyme that breaks down acetaminophen- you overwhelm and choke it. The enzyme that breaks down APAP is sold as a supplement, so you can take it when you get high just to be safe.

60 mg of codeine usually isn't enough for even first time users to get high. I would try 180 codeine your first time, but 150 might do the job. Tylenol #3's are usually CWE'd because of their low codeine content. #4's are really the way to go

Just eat the pills.

Injecting codeine can kill you.
Don't "skin-pop" unless you know what you're doing

Just eat the pills, do a CWE is the APAP content is going to be higher than 3,000-4,000mg (3-4g). See the links for it in amapola's post.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.