• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction How to Get Needles Mega Thread

It's pretty strange to me how pharmacies in some areas won't sell syringes without an RX...the Wal-Mart pharmacy where I live (Alaska, USA) always sell needles to me, no questions asked (except for what gauge/length of needle)

Do they even make them in this size?

I'm definitely not asking for sources, but i think sources for harm reduction equipment may be allowed as i remember am old thread comparing different rigs and sizes and all that, but anyway. I've been looking for luer lock needles ( not the syringes just the tips) that are 31g, 30g, or maybe even 29g if that's all there is AND are 8mm (5/16"). It seems like all i can find are 12mm (1/2"). I found some 4mm (1/4") and that's way too small. The only others i found were 6mm ( very very few btw) and i GUESS i could make that work if absolutely necessary but i haven't had good luck with that length in the past and i know my sweet spot is 8mm.

Sorry to ramble but i just hope someone knows if they make them in that size or if i have to try the 6mm and how for the best and just toss the whole box if attempt 1 or 2 are failures.

I keep very clean and never reuse or pin coushin myself and I've gotten into the habit of micron filtering so all that is under control i just need advice on this size issue. Main problem is they don't make insulin needles that are 3ml and i need the extra water so I'm DIYing it and making my own.

Thanks bluelight in advance for any hell you can give me

I already went down that rabbit hole, and swore the whole world was gas-lighting me (pretty sure they are again, but it's also that late hour when I'm ramping up systemic meth levels).

One thing, the needle isn't the part that's luer-lok. That's the syringe, usually threaded for 3mL (ie., "lok-ing"), or slip-tip for 1mL (ie., just "slip-ing" on that tip). Needle that screws on a 3mL syringe thread can slip just fine onto a 1mL tip (and that's for an emulsion-based drug that requires plenty of pressure).

But since only tonight in double-checking was I vindicated that non-insulin 30G x 1/2" x whopping 5mL exist, a box of fifty is [cheap], (There is some catch, I swear, with these fucking things) maybe you could fill me in on the length insistence? I'm not sassing you at all, and understand there's a difference between 5/16th and 1.5 inches. But to find something apparently as elusive as the Great Non-Diabetes Thirty-Gauge Needle, 6mm v. 8mm wouldn't be worth mentioning.

If it helps, I'm not sticking myself, just the dog. Not intravenously, either. California-American veterinarians will tell you such a needle hasn't ever been made that didn't come attached to a proprietary pen of some kind, at any length, 29, 30 or 31G. Didn't tell vaguely-smelling-of-drugs me this, either, but my MediCare-approved-drug-reeking mother, who has a script for the dog.

(Clean-needle-and-syringe sourcing is something we do actually allow on the forum, at least for now.)

At the 30g size 1/2" (13mm) is the most common size out there. You might come across 9/16, 5/8 or 3/8 but the 1/2" is fairly manageable . If you drop to 27g you can get 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 fairly easy. All Luer-Lok of course. 3ml barrels are plentiful as well. I think Nipro brand has the biggest selection. Try E-...

How-to-Get-Needles-Mega-Thread

Ugh tried to edit my last post but it deleted it instead. Basically the where to get needles thread has the links removed and i need those specific ones because they are what I'm good at using. Also i do know luer lock refers to the barrel or syringes but looking for tips with needles 8mm or 5/6" that fit luer.

They're out there I promise, but 1/2" 12mm is far more common and not much different from 8mm. PM me if you're still having problems.

Yeah but TEK really want's 5/16"-8mm. Short can be considered 1/2"-9/16"-5/8" for most of the 28-30's out there.

Wait so he wants beestinger or smaller? I'm sure they are available on needle supply sites exchanges buy from

I think we got it worked out over PM. I know this type of discussion is allowed in the open forums or at least OD, but I'm not sure that laying down 5 vendors out in the open would be acceptable in the spirit of the BLUA, needle exchanges would be different.

I recently moved to Oklahoma from Illinois and it is Hell getting needles here. Also, the one store that does give me no problem is Walmart-but only if I ask for 31 gauge 5/16"
I don't know why that is, but I have had no problem getting the shorts and every single time I go in and ask for 29g half inch ones, they want to know what type of insulin I take. What the hell is that about? Also, I tried the dog thing at Walgreens and apparently in Oklahoma, even veterinarians write prescriptions for syringes. Ugh.

Anyways, is there a brand of (human) insulin I can tell the Walmart lady?

That's what I was guessing, heard shit was like a whole different world out here. Maybe it's best to just keep my footing, the amount of times I've moved to stay away from the shit is becoming exponential. Using is hard enough to do in a place that makes it easy lol. Just miss the rush.

You're probably better off without it, yeah. How long do you have clean? I gave up shooting up a few years ago.

Stay safe <3

This go, I have almost a month. I stopped counting clean days a while ago lol. The longest I've ever been able to get is like 7 months. Props on your tenacity, that's the shit I aim for I think. Thank you ?

Anyone know how this goes in Texas? Recently moved from VA.
There's no law stating that they CAN'T sell them, but it's up to the pharmacy staff. I'm in Denton for work and I called CVS and asked if I needed a prescription and the guy said no, we can look your profile up and the system, but if you're not in our system you can only get one bag, not a box. Then when I went in he asked me what they were for and I shrugged and said my dog and he sold them to me.
FYI tho, they're considered paraphernalia here-even with no dope, if you have no other reason to have them they can arrest you.