• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Lightshows 2.0 vers. Let's melt some fucking faces!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I learn all my new moves from people at clubs/events etc. If i see one they do that i like i ask em to break it down real slow and from diff angles, nobodys ever denied me.

I learned a real sick on saturday.

Work on finger dexterity and keeping ur fingers spread apart wide well doing rolls.

ive never thought of doing that, asking them to break it down for you.

if someone asked me how to do what i was doing broken down from different angles not only would i show them, but id feel like a gangster (even more so then when people say "dude how long have you been gloving, ive only been gloving for like a year now" which makes me feel good cause im at 3 months lol)

haha im diggin this threead =D

i think the only moves i can do really well are stacking and rolls -.-

and this one move that i came up with that seems really cool, but i wont know fersher til i get me lights haha

work on transitioning from figure 8s into rolls and other moves, the key to a good show IN MY OPINION is one that flows nice from one move to another (even if its a freestyle show)

plus if you're doing it to melt faces of someone on drugs, quick movements like figure 8s followed by impact moves when they start to look all tranced out (like a hyperstrobe IN YO FACE) is the way to do it.

haha im diggin this threead =D

i think the only moves i can do really well are stacking and rolls -.-

and this one move that i came up with that seems really cool, but i wont know fersher til i get me lights haha

That's where everyone starts, and you'll find that most of the other more difficult moves you see are just variations of stacking, rolls or figure 8's.

That's where everyone starts, and you'll find that most of the other more difficult moves you see are just variations of stacking, rolls or figure 8's.

true, there is also tutting.

tutting is okay, but not what melts faces. it just looks cool glover to glover. Tutting is more of a finger show kinda move (hell, it started as a dance move for "doing the robot" which i put in quotes because i forget what that kinda dance style is called)

Last edited:
true, there is also tutting.

tutting is okay, but not what melts faces. it just looks cool glover to glover. Tutting is more of a finger show kinda move (hell, it started as a dance move for "doing the robot" which i put in quotes because i forget what that kinda dance style is called)

Finger tutting is a variation of a east coast dance.
Hip hop culture mainly blacks incoprerate arm tuts into there dancing.
And the arm tutting is a variation of super old east coast gay club dance called vogueing.

I like a few tuts not alot thats why i only use a 6 step tut and dont use it often.

Im really in this new "puppeteering" (what i call it) style im seeing alot of. Where the glover cranks and pushes his fingers like they are some kind of j
Puppet or jack in the box. Im blunted, bad description sry.

Finger tutting is a variation of a east coast dance.
Hip hop culture mainly blacks incoprerate arm tuts into there dancing.
And the arm tutting is a variation of super old east coast gay club dance called vogueing.

I like a few tuts not alot thats why i only use a 6 step tut and dont use it often.

Im really in this new "puppeteering" (what i call it) style im seeing alot of. Where the glover cranks and pushes his fingers like they are some kind of j
Puppet or jack in the box. Im blunted, bad description sry.

i think i know what you are talking about, and ill incorporate it into the video im about to post (sorry its another daytime, but im bored)

and thank you for the tutting info

Last edited:
i sat at home and practiced for a month and a half thinking that gloving at an event was a big, complex deal and i would be judged. I didnt want to bust em out and disappoint or bring down someones experience!

then, one night, i went to an EDM show (sober) that ended at like 1130pm (WTF) so needless to say i didn't get my complete fix (don't get me wrong the artist put on a hell of a show and i had a great time, i just needed more!), popped a half a green bowling ball mint and went on over to an underground/local dubstep crew's bar event and gloved all night. People usually fit into one of these three categories:

1) Someone who is on drugs and has never seen glovers before, which means you'll blow their mind with a move or two or just waving your hands around like a madman (even if you just figure 8 the whole time im sure they'd love your show) after they ask you "what are those"

2) Someone who has seen them before and will ask you for a light show for them and their friends, who is on drugs and will be ALMOST as easy to please as the above, they also sometimes just approach you and sit down without asking while someone else is getting a show.

3) Another glover, who is probably also on drugs, and is going to say "Nice show man, how long have you been gloving?"

If you are terrible and they are more experienced, they aren't going to say "You suck" but they will say "nice show, try this (insert technique) next time"

Ive been gloving since February and feel pretty solid in my routine, and have gloved at about 5 different events and a 3 day festival in that time frame. Everyone is always impressed or at least thankful you're there to heighten their experience.

My advice to you: Practice a few hours each day the week before your first event and just go for it! if you get stage fright, pop a roll :)

Some funny remarks i got from my first time gloving live I'll never forget:

"Are you some sort of wizardguy?
"You're fingers are lighting up, can you wave them around over here please?" (looks at girl with giant blow pop in mouth and her boyfriend drolling down her shoulder, both hoisting Litre bottles of water)
"You're a mime aren't you?"
"What are you doing to me! This is awesomeeee"
"Uhm, i dont know what i can give you that would equal that, want my last lollipop?"
"keep doing that, like, forever"

and one thing that will annoy you: people asking to try your gloves. I always let them but get anxious. One time i was blessed to find that the person i let use my gloves was an actual glover, and had some sick tutting skills (something i'm not the best at yet) to share with me. but yes they will ask, and it will bother you

Hang around near the back of the crowd (people who are on drugs usually don't rage up front) and look for the people who are sitting down with pacifiers and kandi and shit, then just turn your gloves on and wait for the stampede :)

thanks for the response:) really encouraging

how much time did you spend practicing those nights?

thanks for the response:) really encouraging

how much time did you spend practicing those nights?

usually about an hour. Watch youtube videos/tutorials for some new moves.

and you bet, glove it up brah brah, its just as fun giving a sick show as getting one while rolling, if not better. I went out last weekend to a dubstep event just to give lightshows for hours, only had a few beers in me. was an awesome time

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMutNWgLO4s
any comments? and delivery clubs ftw I gots me some Romulen :D

nice on the Romulen :)

and its pretty good show man: id say move around more, and feel the vibeeeee. You must have energy, and people really enjoy it when you change the distance. That particular set looks really good when you do Figure 8s and big moves like tunnels (i have the same set, one of my three)

and its pretty good show man: id say move around more, and feel the vibeeeee. You must have energy, and people really enjoy it when you change the distance. That particular set looks really good when you do Figure 8s and big moves like tunnels (i have the same set, one of my three)

This is why i always roll my finger rolls from left to right them back. as well as vertical.
I also try to stack from the middle up or to the side.
Ive taken every move i know and slowed it down to a crawl so i can slow down w/ the music.

Super slow & clean finger rolls are tough.

This is why i always roll my finger rolls from left to right them back. as well as vertical.
I also try to stack from the middle up or to the side.
Ive taken every move i know and slowed it down to a crawl so i can slow down w/ the music.

Super slow & clean finger rolls are tough.

truth.

Palm lights take a while to get used to.
One issue a lot of people have is that they tend to fly around inside the gloves quite a bit. But, some velcro helps solve that problem

Palm lights take a while to get used to.
One issue a lot of people have is that they tend to fly around inside the gloves quite a bit. But, some velcro helps solve that problem

if youre using inovas you can get the clips for them which work quite well.

i think the inova clips also work with maxlights? or some other light, i forget which
p.s have fun at coachella thizzy :)))))))))

Ya my angle was a little awkward on that show but I 'll definitely start moving around a bit :D

noice, makes me wish idda ordered palms with my set:|

They are just inverted thumbs my friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.