• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(Kanna 5x) First time

Smoked on weed makes me way stoned way fast. To the point where I get mild anxiety. Like, "I should DEFINITELY NOT be this stoned off these 2 hits!

I've been putting it under my tongue by itself once in a while. It mainly has an instantaneous antidepressant effect, with little recreational value. Very mild plant...

I've been putting it under my tongue by itself once in a while. It mainly has an instantaneous antidepressant effect, with little recreational value. Very mild plant...

Maybe not recreational but I find it's quite useful in many different situations precisely because of how smooth and manageable its effects are.

I've tried it insufflated, plugged, smoked and as tea. The latter two routes having a pleasant sedating effect somewhere in between Kava and low-dose marijuana (as far as level of intoxication). Nothing too special except that it's very cheap and easy to work with.

Where it shines for me is either insufflated or plugged... both resulting in a clean instant burst of energy comparable to nicotine or caffeine without any of the side-effects. I've used it several times for studying/writing papers when I'm either out of my usual ADD meds or want to get some sleep as soon as I'm done and while it doesn't have the same effects on motivation and executive function as prescription stimulants, it is smoother and as (maybe more) effective as the cigarette and crappy energy drink method of studying.

I think I've bought it twice in the past five years despite the fact that it's extremely cheap and easy to find... I really appreciate how it's great to counteract lack of sleep or to provide a very flexible amount of stimulation when you need it but too short-acting to have much use for anything else.