Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

So Who Likes Benzos? Ver III: Blackouts and Amnesia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Blonde

Bluelighter
This is the new thread for discussion of benzodiazepines!

You all know the rules; no price or availability discussion, don't go overboard talking about how wasted you are, etc...

Now, let the benzo fun begin!

Old thread here

I was wondering when a new thread was going to be started. 1000+ posts on the other one.

Just to start the ball rolling. what's the rules with bring benzos on international flights. they would be prescribed but is it a good idea to get a doctor's certificate? There wouldn't be any probs with 50 valium would there?

P.S: FIRST!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
It would be dependant on the laws of the country you're visiting.

If it's Rx, then I would think, as in Australia, you'd need proof that you are legally allow to be in possession. A bottle with your name on it (which matches your passport / ID) I should think would be sufficient.

That being said, it would be very variable. For example, I'm sure you'd have to jump through hoops (if at all!) to be allowed to bring in (personal/required) of any amounts of diactylmorphine into Australia - regardless of the reason; addiction, palliative care, etc.

If you need benzo for for flights then they will all come in 50's, but they will not give you 1mg that's for sure. I got a certificate before and the doctor said if they do not ask then don't need to show them. If you have labels it is all good. Valium i am not sure if they will prescribe that.

Hey psytaco, I managed to find the link you're after (after going through at least 4 different Australian Government websites >_<)

http://www.tga.gov.au/consumer/travellers.htm

In terms of getting them through Customs I'm sure you'd have no problems. If you're after something for the flight however, I'm 99% sure you're doctor would give you (generally 25x5mg) temazepam!

mr blonde, how did you find the lorazepam?
anything to add since your last entry?

It comes on slower then other benzodiazepines I think and is a bit more subtle in it's effects. Compared to xanax, I would say it's definitely not as strong weight for weight. I've only just taken tonight so can't make a weight-for-weight comparison yet.

I would definitely put it's muscle relaxant properties above alprazolam, which is great for me... my back is feeling so much better now.

As for anxiety, I can see how it would be very calming but would probably need to use sublingually if I was having a panic attack or needed anti-anxiety effects quicker.

Hypnotic: I feel fairly sedated I suppose, but was also tired after work anyway. I don't imagine I'll have too much trouble sleeping tonight.

As for anxiety, I can see how it would be very calming but would probably need to use sublingually if I was having a panic attack or needed anti-anxiety effects quicker.

Indeed they are. They're used (not sure on how common however. I can ask those who I know who work) in ED in wafer form. :)

Edit: from what I can remember, not common at all! (although available). Generally it's clonaze wafers given when a PT present in a psychotic/manic state for example.

Last edited:
I like benzos.

I am a big fan of lorazepam (prescribed it, I live in the U.S., and its very popular for docs to script it here). It does take a while for it to kick in, but if you administer it sublingually, it works a lot quicker...great for panic attacks. I tried temazepam for the first time last night (15mg) and it knocked me out and I had very very intense dreams. I'm not sure if I understand the recreational value of temazepam personally. The hour or so that I was under the effects but not asleep was pretty fun...I think...

misk said:
anything to add since your last entry?

Yeah I increased my stash of lorazepam a bit and added a few oxazepam and panadeine forte as well. Gonna have a fun weekend. :)

It is definitely a subtle benzo, but nice and relaxing... I didn't think I was that out of it last night off 2-3mg but everyone else was asking why I was so spaced out and how many drinks I had.

With codeine the other night it was very nice, I could barely raise my arm to light my cigarette. :D

Just to start the ball rolling. what's the rules with bring benzos on international flights. they would be prescribed but is it a good idea to get a doctor's certificate? There wouldn't be any probs with 50 valium would there?

As long as it's rx'd to you on the label is on it still, it won't be a problem. If you didn't have repeats you could ask the pharmacy to print off a copy of the script for you for Customs, but I wouldn't worry too much about it

That being said, it would be very variable. For example, I'm sure you'd have to jump through hoops (if at all!) to be allowed to bring in (personal/required) of any amounts of diactylmorphine into Australia - regardless of the reason; addiction, palliative care, etc.

Yes, but diacetylmorphine is an S9 substance in Australia; you can't get a script for it, you can only be in possession of it if you have a permit for research.

Yes, but diacetylmorphine is an S9 substance in Australia; you can't get a script for it, you can only be in possession of it if you have a permit for research.

Of course =D I was taking an extreme example. My point was (to generalise to all drugs. I doubt diaze would be a problem) it depends on the local laws. :)

I've gotten myself into a horrible sleeping pattern and I'm trying to get out of it. My parents have benzo's but there about a year past expiry. I tried one the other week, it made me slightly drowsy but I still couldn't get to sleep. I'm guessing it is still slightly effective, should I try 2/3 pills or just not bother?

I don't see any reason not to try 2 or 3 instead. Especially if they're 2mg, then you'd likely need more than 1 even with no tolerance. If they're 5mg you probably don't need more than two with no tolerance. Also, diazepam has a pretty long half-life so if you take more it's likely you'll feel a bit drowsy the next day.

Trying to convince myself it's a great thing I've been trying to avoid the benzos. Was getting 3mg of lorazepam, 30mg of diazepam and 30mg of temazepam daily. Am now only taking 15mg of diazepam :\.

^ Good work tapering down pal, it could not have been a comfortable task. Out of diazrpam and lorazepam which do you find is more effective anxiolytic (I am assuming thats why you have them) in equivalent dosing terms?

One could assume diazepam but then again it seems to be the most common benzo for tapering and you clearly are or were reducing your dose.

Was getting 3mg of lorazepam, 30mg of diazepam and 30mg of temazepam daily.

im curious to know if that was your tapering dose or what you just ended up with as a standard dose?

I was on 2.5mg Clonazepam a day for 6 months. Quit cold turkey pretty much (within 4-5 days, i know you shouldn't do it that quick, save me the lecture). Had the worst insomnia imaginable, to the point where i was verging on mania it was that bad.

Got 100x2mg Clonazepam now until i can get over some issues and taper down properly. Deep down i hate benzo's, in the long term they cause the anxiety they're designed to subdue.

Status
Not open for further replies.