Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

So Who Likes Benzos? Ver III: Blackouts and Amnesia

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah i'm not that stoned, man:D i quoted both you guys as you said you've got the same batch.

GPs' here in Australia, as I notice, seldom prescribe Lexotan ( Bromazepam) and Frisium ( Clobazam).

I have tried Frisium 10mg, while overseas in Indonesia, at Java island. Just 1 tab gave me dry mouth, tachycardia, constipation, hypotension.

I know this is not Benzos' properties. So i must have taken "fake Frisium" which I bought legitimately from pharmacy, with a doctor prescription.

I tried Atropine or Belladonna extract or Hyoscine Hbr, before. They are anticholinergics. And that is how I precisely describe the feeling after taking 1 Frisium tab made overseas. All anticholinergics, here in Australia, is such as Antihistamines :
- Restavit ( Doxylamine Succinate) , OTC hypnotics
- Unisom ( Diphenhydramine ) , OTC hypnotics with a slight cough suppresant effect.
- Phenergan ( Promethazine ), OTC antihistamine with slight antinauseant effect
- Kwells ( Hyoscine Hbr) , OTC motion sickness meds

When i take those tabs, I get dry mouth, fast heart beat, constipation, sedation. ( So, I suspect, the overseas Frisium I took, was actually an antihistamine.)

Well, yes, Xanax is the best, appropriate meds for panic, a quick fix, under the tongue.
I tried Rescue Remedy which I bought from Health Food store, it is a homeopathic, to be taken under the tongue, when panic strike. But it doesn't help, it is a cherry plum flavour with Brandy, a high alcoholic content solution, so i might as well drink a glass of spirits.

Nowadays, Valerian is standardised to contain the active ingredient " Valerenic acid', which binds to GABA receptor, unlike a few years back where the manufacturer haven't discovered it, and used Valepotriates instead.

amongst all, I would say, Xanax is a quick fix.
Clonazepam is like a maintenance antianxiety, when I take it regularly.

In this case, my body will not accustomed to Xanax effect from wearing off when panic strikes.

These 2 combos is the best for my anxiety. But the GP is another problem. as they are reluctant to prescribe both at the same time.

GPs' here in Australia, as I notice, seldom prescribe Lexotan ( Bromazepam) and Frisium ( Clobazam).

(Afaik) true, but I can stand to be corrected. I will find out tomorrow first hand! :)

Well, yes, Xanax is the best, appropriate meds for panic, a quick fix, under the tongue.

Maybe this is just another Tyrael-ism (I had one of these a few posts up) however I find I have none/to little effects when taken sub-lingually. :/ Just "a me thing"?

a high alcoholic content solution, so i might as well drink a glass of spirits.

Although mostly helpful (in small quantities), mixing similar GABAergic drugs (alcohol and benzos) are not really recommended until you're quite experienced in both.

amongst all, I would say, Xanax is a quick fix.
Clonazepam is like a maintenance antianxiety, when I take it regularly.

Both work well as an anxiolytic. If the anxious is sudden/instant, please go to the ED immediately! Anyone who's experienced anxious/panic attacks know they're can manifest them self in more then "simply physiologic" effects.

Alprazolam/Clonazepam (not together) wafers can work wonders - I've seen it like flipping a switch!

Goodluck Davevanza

Last edited:

I would agree with that, out of everyone I know I am the only person to ever be scripted bromazepam/lexotan and I do not get much. I have never heard or read of anyone in Australia on Frisium just seen it listed on a list of Aussie benzo's.

Sucks your experience in Indonesia was so bad, do you think there is a possibility you were sold fake/dodgy meds?

@ People that answered me, thanks.

I like Diazepam now, I've found an amount that works for me (for me Tramadol + Diazepam = very relaxed).

Peace.

My partner in crime; my beautiful fiance and I, love our benzos a *lot*. :) Heroin is our drug of choice though, but with us both being on 16mg of buprenorphine (Subutex) daily that kinda gets in the way of that little pleasure and besides most of the smack around here is a joke.

We regularly take alprazolam, diazepam and clonazepam recreationally. Have tried both temazepam and oxazepam of course but don't care for either of them. I am prescribed by my doctor: Xanax 2mg, 3 times daily for panic disorder, and I agree wholeheartedly about Aussie GPs rarely scripting two different benzos together, which sucks. The others we have to buy on the street.

I envy those of you without much of a tolerance as unfortunately we both have an enormous tolerance which will abate somewhat after a week or two break, but within days is right back up there. 15-30mg of Xanax is a typical dose for each of us, 100mg+ of Valium each or 20-40mg of Rivotril when it works, which it does sporadically.. Is anyone else in this same boat with regard to high doses/tolerance?

I'd have to say my favourite benzo(s) would be a cocktail of alprazolam and diazepam. :)

who likes benzos.... should be who loves....

My first post here and its going to be a quick one... Hi all
Do not ever take them with a full glass of water!

Beer is the only way to knock them back, my fav at the moment is temaze/ valium and plenty of amber fluid... and if that isn't working completely for you then through some imovane and forte into the mix and that will cure whatever ails you....

Only problem with the imovane is the metallic bitter taste it leaves in your mouth the next day, and yes I can get up the next morning and still go to work :)

I have said enough goodbye :D

Last edited by a moderator:
^ Mixing multiple downers can be dangerous; if you are going to advise people to do it you should mention the risks and ways to avoid them, e.g. reducing dosage.

^ Mixing multiple downers can be dangerous; if you are going to advise people to do it you should mention the risks and ways to avoid them, e.g. reducing dosage.

2 + 2 == 7

(my favourite saying when it comes to drugs)

Yeah I'd had around 500mg Phenazepam around 4 days earlier, took 2mg of clonaz and was given some fortes (yay, I have low tolerance atm). Completely forgetting about everything else I think I popped around 200mg of codeine (I thought they were N+) needless to say I was a bumbling/nodding out mess. I can't remember anything before or after eating the codeine but some good friends took care of me and then left me in the caring hands of my gf. Lucky!

this can't be stressed enough, especially mentioning the risks involved and possible outcomes.

let's try and change the direction of this thread from who loves benzos and start producing more harm reduction and information for people. this is something that's been bugging me for a while within this particular thread and i'm sure we'd all appreciate learning something new or even the satisfaction of keeping someone out of a potential fatal situation. we've (moderators) have been pretty lenient on the more casual talks within threads and that's not a problem a to us at the moment because it's brought the community feel back to the forum that i felt was missing for a while but there's more and more unwarranted banter creeping in.

some of the posts i've read over the last month have had me shaking my head wanting to reach through and slap some of you guys over the head. i mean this in the most caring way.

i'm not a perfect poster boy drug user but there's nothing to gain from posting what heroic dosages you're taking of combination's here. sorry for mentioning this again but it's been a little like the wild west in regards to some of the posts i've been reading.

remember other (un-informed) people from all walks of life are reading these threads and may just be naive enough to take, for example and i don't mean to single you out jakeperson, 500mg of phenazepam, take a bunch of oxy on top and then start getting into the liquor cabinet.

drug culture is the place for casual drug discussion and talking about how high you are. seriously, check it out, you'll really enjoy the forum. and i'm not just saying that because i'm a mod there.

posts are going to start being unapproved without warning (this is your warning now) if it keeps continuing down the current path.

tl;dr - let's get back to discussing harm reduction, posting information (journals, articles, etc) helping each other and less how much you love benzos and how high on what drug you are. otherwise we're going back to the regime;)

i don't mean to single you out jakeperson, 500mg of phenazepam, take a bunch of oxy on top and then start getting into the liquor cabinet.

It was codeine :p and no alcohol but yeah had I been in the right state of mind I would not have even touched a dose that close, it was actually apart of a suicide attempt, which of course failed.

On a completely different note, I have suggested Phenibut to a few people as an alternative to benzos and it is great. But like leftwing if you use it every day and get addicted I WILL come and slap the fuck outta you.
The withdrawals are fucked and on top of that I've got the flu. The panic attacks suffered during withdrawal aren't worth it. Just deal with the original anxiety in a different way.

Good post lefty. I agree, especially:

(moderators) have been pretty lenient on the more casual talks within threads and that's not a problem a to us at the moment because it's brought the community feel back to the forum that i felt was missing for a while but there's more and more unwarranted banter creeping in.

Benzos are heavy shit, this thread has at times treated them rather carelessly.

On a completely different note, I have suggested Phenibut to a few people as an alternative to benzos and it is great. But like leftwing if you use it every day and get addicted I WILL come and slap the fuck outta you.
The withdrawals are fucked and on top of that I've got the flu. The panic attacks suffered during withdrawal aren't worth it. Just deal with the original anxiety in a different way.

I've spent a weekend with someone during the first couple days (unintentionally) withdrawing from phenibut. Not a pretty site :\

Long time reader first time post and register. Will probably hang around for a bit to!

Used xanax 2mg recreationaly for awhile now when ever I go out for a drink, built up quite a stock pile. Recently came into a script of "Temazepam" I know these are 10mg dosages. Are they worth getting? Any one here had any personal recreational experience on them compared to xanax?

I'm leaning towards its just a much higher dosage, but any info would be great.

Good post lefty. I agree, especially:

Benzos are heavy shit, this thread has at times treated them rather carelessly.

I've spent a weekend with someone during the first couple days (unintentionally) withdrawing from phenibut. Not a pretty site :\

I was lucky to get the flu + sinus and chest infection to distract me from most of it but have entered the realms of no phenibut in your system and it's almost exactly like benzo withdrawal, from what I hear.

Temazepam is a weak benzo primarily used for insomnia, not many find it recreational and you would normally need more than 10mg to make it recreational. It's really not comparable to xanax. Alprazolam is much stronger than temazepam, according to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_benzodiazepines 10mg is equivelant to 1mg xanax, but my experience differs and I'd say 1mg xanax is more like 30mg or 40mg of temazepam, but still, they're worlds apart and I'd much rather xanax or valium recreationally.

Potency doesn't really affect anything other then the mass you need to swallow. Temazepam and alprazolam are hugely different drugs though; alprazolam is a lot less sedating for sure.

I agree with M_B, benzo (and opiates for that matter), cannot really defined as one more "potent" then the other "potent". It's alot more complicated then that.

(when will ya be on online for a chat anyway M_B!!) ;)

^ Good work tapering down pal, it could not have been a comfortable task.

It most certainly is a very good thing. I understand how incredibly painful the taper process is and I'm glad to say I'm down to 5mg valium a day now after several years of benzo/alcohol abuse. Keep going man, good on ya :)

Thanks for the kind words guys. My psychiatrist prescribed them all to me and I thought it was all over the top. I was taking some of those amounts over the past 6 months and the other around 16 months. I actually tapered down in 3 months with not too much effect on my body but more on my mind. Was in a mental health hospital for 9 weeks, other reasons included.

I spoke to one of the elderly patients in the hospital and she was telling me how it took her years to taper off and how painful it was. She was on diazepam for 19 years I think she said. It really made me think about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.