Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

So Who Likes Benzos? Ver III: Blackouts and Amnesia

Status
Not open for further replies.
My best advise to you? Don't take no for an answer. Now I don't drugs-wise, I mean generally. Doctors are (surprisingly lol) quite egar to just fill a scribe - they should/must be offering alternatives to drugs.

Now my advice - if you've got something wrong with you, and you true, true believe this, go to any and every doctor until you get a/the sufficient answer! it's your body and, in the end the doctor is working for you! There are, unfortunately, incompetent doctors (ive seen it first hand :( )out there so it's up to you to find the right one which 'gels' well with your and your body.

Goodluck misk, hope it goes well for you!

been trying for almost 3 years now man lol, its taken me this long to get a referral to a neurologist.
i dont know if they think im doing this just for some 'mad redneck heroin', 3 years, a few jobs and no income for a fair period is alot to go through for some oxys...

i know there is something wrong with me, but trying to convince a doctor that what may look healthy(ish) on the outside isn't on the inside is not an easy task.

thanks for the kind words, i'm going to the Dr tomorrow to see if they will put me on a disability payment as i cant work and cant afford rent let alone the random meds they tell me to try. sadly 'random leg/bone/muscle' pain isn't listed on the PBS lol

Phenaz, turned out okay for me, went through a gram in a few days but didnt do anything tstupid etc like I would on clonaz. Less blackouts.

Yeah Ive been following ya misk! Goodluck with it all!

Phenazepam maybe an alternative. Please be careful though. Probably best to make a solution and dose in ml (as apposed to trying to dose in the ONE to HALF MILLIGRAM amounts). Not fun otherwise - 4 days later, no standard GABAergic affects except still got (long distance) doubled vision.

Since Jakeperson brought phanze up, has anyone experienced this (blurred vision days after)? If it's still there in a weeks times I'm gonna go to the doctors. I realize the half life is 60hrs but this is rediculous. =/ I might make a new post regarding this actually. If a mod could create a new thread for me regarding this?

a gram of phenazepam in a few days? i'm sorry to say the product wasn't very pure at all or alternatively you have a raging habit and tolerance on top; it's a very potent benzo with doses in the micrograms (like fentanyl) enough to wreck someone with no tolerance.

i just had a quick read of phenzepam, what are the effects compared to other benzos?
the wiki page doesn't give much detail.

Leftwibg, I'm more inclined to the later. Jakeperson and I have the same product and trust me it's not stepped on!! (no offence Jakeperson ;) ).

I'm on holidays and iPhone misk so I can go into detail too much here but it is similar to clonaze - especially with amnesic affects if not take with caution. -_-

Yeah its's really pure product but I get raging benzo tolerance from fuck all. A night on 2mg xanax, I need around 6mg to get the same effects.

And I did start off testing with needle points and moved up onto knife tips.

Its quite strong, I just dont think I realised at the time.

I some how managed too do 40mg oxy around 10mg phenaz and drank red. Pretty dumb, but benzos do that.
I also stupidly did around 500mg with 32mg bupe.

I still get high from licking the bag out.

it's a very potent benzo with doses in the micrograms (like fentanyl) enough to wreck someone with no tolerance.

I'd just like to note that the threshold dose vs therapeutic dose are quite different for phenaze. Threshold doses maybe in ug, therapeutic doses arent*. I just don't thnk it's that fare to compare it (in terms of efficiency I assume leftwing ;) ) to fentanyl.

This is not to say don't becareful. Phenazepam is is very potent benzo!

Alprazolam n Clonazepam

The first time I was prescribed Xanax was in 1993.
It works for Panic,anxiety and mild depression even on half a tab. ( At that time, the strongest is 1mg, purple tab), under the tongue. Again, this works until later on in 1998 where I find the effect is slightly un enjoyable( different effect). Welll its relative when I say un enjoyable,as to others, it could be a positive outcome for them.

Eversince there was a Xanax 2mg bar, the effect, I noticed, was different.
So I had to try generic, Kalma, at that time. I did feel the difference.

Nowadays, I've tried various generic, the "most negative" effect to me is the generic Alprax. I don't know why. It sorts of making me feel more depressed and very dysphoric sedation.
Unlike, prior to 1998, when the Upjohn is still manufacturing Xanax.

I guess, manufacturers play at least important roles too.

Benzos acts on Benzo receptors, with many subtypes. I tried Frisium( clobazam), as the molecule is located at position "1,5-" instead of "1,4-" as most benzos are, it's less sedating.
I feel frisium effect is pretty much the same like Xanax, except it's not as potent.

I consider Diazepam is the weakest.
I always sweat and have a hand tremor/trembling when eating in public places, being looked at by many people. Diazepam, even 30mg ( equivalent to xanax 3mg) didn't help. Xanax stops the trembling, as does Oxazepam and Bromazepam, Frisium doesn't.

Bromazepam, (lexotan), in low dose is non sedating,but it has a strong muscle relaxant , while, Diazepam is only quarter the effect.
Every benzo is unique, that affects different receptor subtypes.

Oxazepam, in low dose, is useless to me. All benzos are lipophilic,but,food,hinders Oxazepam's bioavailability. The tablet is designed, that when crushed, isn't soluble in water. So I guess it makes our stomach lining and buccal mucosa hard to absorb oxazepam when taken sublingually. The brand Serepax, I notice, doesn't work as good as the brand Murelax or Alepam. Alepam when crushed, is soluble in water, making it useful for quick fix to relieve anxiety,taken sublingually.

As with all Benzos, taking on "prn" basis, would give me end up taking much more than prescribed.

Now my GP prescribes me Clonazepam, where it's supposedly good for panic.
In the States, only Alprazolam and Clonazepam, approved by FDA to treat Panic.
But in my experience, Clonazepam doesn't work as good as Xanax.
It doesn't have a strong anxiolytic effect. Except it's good to relieve heart palpilation, ? trembling.
Nitrazepam,(mogadon), a hypnotic, is metabolised into clonazepam.
Diazepam is metabolised into temazepam and oxazepam.

The only advantage of clonazepam, that I'm still taking regularly , 2mg daily, is that, it has a very long half life. So I notice, it's good as a prophylactic agent to suppress panic and anxiety in long term treatment. As for benzos addiction treatment, I think it's a good drug. It has a smoother effect in the blood system,unlike xanax which has a bi phasic half life of 6 hrs and 12 hrs. Clonazepam has no active metabolites, with half life around max 39 hrs.
Lorazepam (ativan) also has no active metabolites,but it has a very short half life.
Each benzo has different effects, on anxiolytic (our bodies will not develop tolerance to all benzos' anxiolytic effect), on muscle relaxant( diazepam has the highest effect of this) , amnestic effect( Xanax has the most, you will forget thing you did the nxt day, if you are first timer), anticonvulsant effect(Clonazepam, that's why MIMS categorised it under anticonvulsant) , sedative effect, etc.

I'm just curious, has anyone tried Clonazepam, does it work better for your anxiety compared to other benzos you have tried.

As for me, strangely, clonazepam is only good as a maintenance benzo, it doesn't work as good as xanax to alleviate panic and anxiety. ( Xanax, is the only benzo, that has antidepressant effect. ).

i'm in a similar situation, prescribed xanax for anxiety/panic attacks as required - but can have no more than 1.5 a day over the course of a month, which is obviously for a reason, but something like that doesn't always work for everyone, myself included.

i found it very hard to notice any effects from clonazepam at 2mg, its a very subtle drug and i think only good (in terms of anxiety) for general anxiety, not panic attacks when taken on the required regularity for a certain individual.

xanax is more euphoric and as it kicks in alot faster also feels more powerful (at least at first if taken regularly lol).
with me, i have a tolerance to all benzos after xanax use which now means i only feel the most pronounced effect of the specific benzo (ie. muscle relaxant, hypnotic, anxiolytic) with some requiring higher doses than others to obtain that effect.

at first, 1mg of xanax would give me many of effects that benzos provide, but now for me even 4mg only provides relief from panic attacks but i still have quite a bit of anxiety at the same time.

sadly benzos are no magic pill and all work in different ways, but i think once you have gone to using 2mg of xanax frequently (not abusively) then it may be hard for other benzos to feel effective simply due to the properties of xanax and why you use it (ie. panic attacks).

as everyones situation is different, maybe discuss this with your doctor to see if you can use the half life of clonazepam a bit more to your advantage by doing something like 1.5mg twice a day which may over time provide more anxiety relief at a constant rate or see if there is another medication that may either replace or be combined with a benzo to help.

I only tried clon a few times, and I don't recall even noticing it. prob just didnt' take enough.

Positive thing about xanax is that over the many years of taking it, I have no tolerance to the anti anxieity effects, however I have major tolerance to it's sedating effects. That is what makes xanax so good I think. Kills of anxiety but you can still have a sharp mind.

Every now and again I stop taking xanax on a daily basis for maybe 1 - 2 weeks, then go back to my usual dose of 0.5 - 1mg. 1mg is like a sleeping tablet, so as I've argued with my dr before, I believe the secret to xanax is to take it every day, even if not required, take at least 0.5mg. Anti axiety without sedation.

I do not enjoy xanax, I think if you were to compare it to weed, wine, a cigar etc, you'd call it very hash, maybe the most harsh of the benzos. But for some, I think they must like that as from an anti anxiety point, the user knows the drug is working, and that in it'self may assist in faster relief of panic, and for the drug recreationalist, I guess it's always good to have a noticable effect also & if not a regular benzo user will probably get hit with strong sedation as well.

I was thinking of asking the dr for a trial on Clon as I don't enjoy the harshness of xanax.

if you still notice the 'harshness' of the xanax then you're doing well not getting a tolerance after prolonged use, once you get a large tolerance it almost feels as subtle as clonazepam.
even through mild use of once every few weeks to once a month before being properly prescribed i lost the strong feeling of the fast onset.
i have no idea how some people don't get tolerance to some effects that stays with them even after breaks lol.

my partner had to take it at less than .5mg over time to build up a tolerance to be able to use it during the day without strong hypnotic effects even off .5mg, even now after 2 years of around once a day 3-5 days a week for 2 years 1mg will knock her out at night for sleep!

my partner had to take it at less than .5mg over time to build up a tolerance to be able to use it during the day without strong hypnotic effects even off .5mg, even now after 2 years of around once a day 3-5 days a week for 2 years 1mg will knock her out at night for sleep!

I remember going to the movies once when I took it less regularly. Middle of the day, slept fine night before, took 0.5mg & was so drowsy head kept slumping down, eyes were out of focus, had to constantly move around in chair to stay awake. No way I could follow the movie. It was then I decided taking a daily dose was the thing to do for anti-anxiety only effects.

Unfortunately it seems no matter how much I take of xanax (within reason) it doesnt work for sleep. I took 3-4mg during the night in combo with 750ml of wine, & I was still awake when drinking my morning coffee. I really have to get some temaze or STilnox, as even though xanax has no hypnotic effects i find a couple of temaze can still work, but most effective for me is a stilnox with a couple of glasses of alcohol.

So that's another positive to xanax I think. It's cross tolerance with hypnotics doesn't seem too great even though I have a virtually complete tolerance to the hypnotic effects of xanax.

It's just the harshness I feel when it's coming on that I don't like, as that harshness is the opposite of soothing & relaxing, which in itself is a negative if being used in a situation where you're having a panic attack.

I apologise in advance if this has been asked before, my search feature appears to hate my browser atm.

At what dose do people here actually "feel" something from Diazepam?
I'm not knocking it (I haven't had it enough so I can't), but the times I've had it, it's been 5mgs, 10mgs or 15mgs and I really do swear I feel absolutely no different (I may act subconsciously different I dunno) than usual.

Yet 0.5 of Alprazolam and I end up feeling a "little" something (and taking 4mgs of that involves me having blackouts and waking up having conversations with cooking utensils, omg I can't believe that happened >_>).

So yeah, Diazepam?
Does it just not work with some people or am I doing it wrong (not taking the right/enough dose).
I always swallow whole with water as well.

Any advice would be helpful as I ended up with a bottle of 50 (which I totally didn't even want but the doctor insisted on it).

Last edited:
I don't mean to be rude but ut(f)s there as <b>so</b> information about there answerig this most basics of questions that unless you happen to find someone in a [body]really[/bold] mood, they will just point to the following;

Also check out the Benzo Comparison Chart which might be helpfully for th future.

Benzodiazepine Erowid

For Benzo reports Reports list.

Wiki

Advice : do a lot of research! Benzos (specifically diazepam) is a quite a safe drug. When taken by itself (read: NEVER drink alcohol then taking benzo unless you're extremely experienced in them)

Now there is a possibility that you have generize difference which cause you to metabolise diazepam different - producing less of an efficiency. And average first timer dose for diaze would be around 5-10mg but you said to doesn't work for you?.....take some more! =P As long as you're in a safe environment, and better yet a sitter, the wrost that could happen is you pass out and have a nice little sleep!

Diazepam is one of my favourite drugs! Happy 'warms and cuddles'! :D

Last edited:
i'd start with 5-10mg of valium initially as well unless you want to just fall asleep.

I'd just like to note that the threshold dose vs therapeutic dose are quite different for phenaze. Threshold doses maybe in ug, therapeutic doses arent*. I just don't thnk it's that fare to compare it (in terms of efficiency I assume leftwing ;) ) to fentanyl.

This is not to say don't becareful. Phenazepam is is very potent benzo!

And you can lick out the bag fir days afterwards and get fucked as

fair enough guys. i'll reserve my thoughts as they're only that:)

just be careful...you don't want to find yourself with a raging phenazepam habit and then cut off from all supplies.

i only sized up fent and phenaze together in respect of dosing, especially for those with little to no tolerance. i've read of plenty people getting wasted from <1mg.

You do realise you've quote two different people there leftwing? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.