• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

What'd you do to get off your butt today? v. "That's not real exercise!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
hammered bicepts, drilled shoulders, then went for a run in my woods to scout new gardening location :)

I danced for about 200 minutes. I dance maybe once a year, never for this long.

My knees are KILLING me.

Holy Hell, rangrz. Someone's training for the armed forces!

Yesterday was a calm day. Walking and yoga, mostly. :)

Today looks to be about the same. Perhaps some mental exercise, as well!

real quick:

i was reading an article and it said that your body needs to warmup before it can start really burning calories, so if you run for 45 minutes, your body only burns the calories equivalent to 30 minutes of running. this sounds reeeeeealy sketchy IMO, wat do u guys think?

You start burning calories as soon as you are born and you continue burning calories until you die. I don't know what or where you are reading to get this sort of crap... relax. People like to complicate exercise and in the end wind up burning more energies fussing over the unimportant details. Listen to your body and just move. I know this is most likely is coming across as being condescending so I apologize in advance.

Four mile bike ride today despite being kinda sick. Eightish mile bike ride yesterday that probably helped me get sick.

There hasn't been any snow here since Monday or Tuesday. :p

No snow tires--Unfortunately they don't plow the roads well enough by me to even entertain the thought of biking in the winter.

I rode one day in January when it got up to 40, thinking it would be nice... I came home covered in so much road grime, salt, and mud that I had to launder myself and my bike. I bet it is nice riding around in the summer though, considering the relative lack of traffic for a city that big.

Anyway, back on topic.

About eight miles on the bike today. Chilliness isn't enough to keep me from celebrating Earth Day! Hahaha.

In response to riding in cold ass weather, I think the lowest temperature I ever rode was about 25 degrees. My legs were multiple colors when I got home.

<snip>

... Yep, you're definitely not high. Not at all.

Planning on riding again today, unless the weather keeps changing its mind. Otherwise, I'll be running today, for a change.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a leisurely walk being planned, either with a friend or just with my dog. Feelin' like shit: Gotta fight this cold!

Status
Not open for further replies.