• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Abcesses, Emergency Drainage, and Antibiotics

Opana Man

Greenlighter
I didn't see a thread for this but felt it important with the number of people shooting IM or SC. If there is an infection, the area will be warmer then your normal skin. Sometimes it will clear on its own, but usually more advanced care is needed. You can use a 5-10cc syringe with a 1.5" 20 guage needle to insert and pull back to srain. it may help to add a little saline first and clear all air as air compresses and expands easier and the little fluid will help pull the abscess fluids out (anywhere from brown to an almost white/yellow. This beats going to the doctor where they will use a scalpel. In addition, you should go on antibiotics as soon as you feel a warm infected spot. Usually the infection is either strep or staph. Depending on strain you can use anything from amoxicillian to cephloxan to Cipro, but all are available through veteranary supply houses labeled for aquarium (or sometimes bird) use only. Don't worry, its the same stuff you'd get from the corner drug store. Even if you drained it well, a few days after the antibiotics start to work, theskin will open on its own and drain. SWIM keeps a surgipad over the spot wrapped in nylon ace bandage sort of material, so when it starts leaking, you dont have a 6" circular stain on your pants. Be smart, be safe, and if SWIY is going to shoot pills, be prepared in advance for the negative possibilities!

I dont agree with this. If you get an abscess you need to go see a health profesional period. Trying to treat a bacterial infection on your own is a recipe for disaster. You could lose a limb suffer terrible scaring or die if it is not treated properly

:|
swimg was doing nothing but shooting up for days
(i know what happened because i stayed in the hospital with him)
he spent 5 days in the hospital due to cellulitis, abscesses, and high fever
the worst part of the entire thing was when a doctor came in to examine his abscesses
it was obvious that something had to be done about them,
so hours later the doctor came in with a plastic tote, scalpels, gauze
he injected novocaine into the abscesses, and you could see the skin filling up kind of like when you miss a shot
but then he whipped out a scalpel and sliced this thing open to stick his pinky finger in and swirled it around to remove the bacteria that he could
he had to stuff gauze in the open wounds three times daily for at least a month