• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Soma, high, and dosage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
3-4 350mg used to get me feeling nice. 5x350mg? Complete blackout, almost everytime. Caution should be used. I've had dozens of prescriptions in my life, and the one thing I can say is that Carisoprodol is one of the most unpredictable drugs I've ever taken. 1050mg one day and I'm feeling good, 1050mg the next day and i'm unable to stand and babbling at my aunt's funeral. Haven't taken it since that funeral last year, don't think I ever will again. I do have to say though, it works wonders at the end of a multi-day dexedrine run (although I did get a concussion the last time I did this a couple years ago... put me right to sleep, but I was way drowsy and, expecting for my head to the pillow, it met the wall first on the way down... so if taken for this reason, pop the Carisoprodol when you're already laying down)

Just be glad it didn't go horribly wrong ;)

If you do use it again, your results might vary greatly with the same dose. FYI carisoprodol (Schedule V) is a prodrug of meprobamate (Schedule IV). Curious to know if carisoprodol's hit-hit(too-hard)-miss nature is due in part to it's conversion (or possible non- or minimal-conversion) to meprobamate. Hmm.. Off to the alumni portal of my university's periodicals/journals!

I don't think somas get much love out there. They are dirt cheap, when consumed alone It feels great and are most definitely recreational, although the short duration is a drawback. Following 4-5 soma I'm in a content, comfortable, and somewhat euphoric, correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't carisoprodol share some similar pharmacological effects as barbiturates or is the closest we got?

Yes, tolerance builds quickly, which for me personally is a good thing. I've taken them 2-3 months daily, ran out and didn't experience any withdrawals and I have a severe benzo, gbl issues. Anyways, never tried miltown, from what I gathered, soma possesses better effects.

In terms of effect, it feels like certain characteristics of pregabalin, gbl, and benzos, except less side ffects, although it does disrupt my motor system, it's difficult totypethis. I get very shaky, but I can deal with that.

Last edited:
I know this thread is a few months old but just wanted to answer this last post: Yes, somas act at the same allosteric site of Barbs (the barbiturate site duh) and so they share the same risks and dangers, but somas also antagonize NMDA receptors weakly which would account for some of the cognitive deficits it causes. The somnolence is caused by the accumulation of Adenosine and Adenosine antagonists are quite effective at reducing such side-effect, in my experience, lots of Caffeine were EXTREMELY effective at preventing the Soma somnolence.

Status
Not open for further replies.