• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Chasing pills off foil

Well, obviously. Injection has nothing to do with the lungs. But the reality is that the potential harms of injection vastly outweigh the harms of inhalation. Yes, a smokers cough sucks. A fatal overdose, HIV, HCV, Blood poisoning, endocarditis, they suck more.

Are you serious? Injection has EVERYTHING to do with the lungs!!!

Just like you mention endocarditis, injection of pills is bad because bacteria and binders/fillers and inactive ingredients get into the circulatory system. Correct?

Well, the lungs are part of the circulatory system as well. The way oxygen enters your body is by passing the membrane of alveoli in the lungs, into capillaries, through the circulatory system and eventually are distributed to cells. Well, they have many MANY of these capillaries that are so small that they love to trap all the particles that are injected into the body. Inactive ingredients such as microcrystalline cellulose and talc get stuck and build up in the lungs over time.

This causes many problems and can lead to a lung transplant, among other things. So it affects the lungs just like it can affect the heart.

SMOKING pills destroys the lungs also obviously. It is not like smoking weed or heroin. Inhaling the wax, binders/fillers and so on is HORRIBLE for the lungs. It WILL eventually destroy them just like injection. Just as the stuff in pills is very harmful to inject, they are the kinds of things you DON'T want to be smoking.

And plus heating the pills destroys the oxycodone or whatever they are smoking in the process. It's a waste. Have them snort or plug it! Those routes of administration will yield a much higher BA and get them much higher.

Yes injection leads to HIV, Hep C, etc., so you should advice against injection. However, you should supply clean needles and at least ADVISE to buy micron filters, even if you cant afford them. Warn them of the risks.

But again, don't tell them to smoke pills. Tell them to plug it, most opiates get you very high this way. Or simply advise insufflation.

EDIT: Haha the post above by belarki is primarily the same as my post, oh well.

Welcome to Bluelight LondonHRWorker!

As you can see our members have been well versed in how to get the most out of their pills in as safe a manner as possible. :) Unfortunately as you have said not everyone is willing or able to gain access to the proper materials and follow safe injection habits so we have to ask what then will be the best way to reduce harm to those people.

You seem to have settled on smoking as the best candidate for ROA as a replacement for IVing. I have to say that this is not going to take with any junkies unless purely for the placebo social stigma "I'm smoking my drugz" effect. The reasons for this are: the bioavailability of smoked pills is quite low, there is no rush akin to IVing, and of course there is still damage occurring as others have outlined. A regular user who tries smoking his usual dose instead of banging it will probably feel nothing but a slight abatement of withdrawal if applicable and will be unlikely to try it again.

You can only give people so much information before eventually it is up to them to make use of it, but there is nothing wrong with offering the supplies to help them do so. That being said stocking pill smoking kits isn't really a viable alternative. If injection and rectal dosing are out then the best bet is insufflation for water soluble (eg. opiates and amps) and sublingual before swallowing for insoluble (eg. benzos). These are both minimally invasive ROAs with better B.A. than smoking.

I understand that these methods may not be popular, but I strongly feel your time would be better spent promoting them (with simple facts and pie-charts) than acquiring and pushing pill smoking kits.

edit: Eg. You can compare the time of high versus potency and other simple concepts.

Last edited:
Injection has nothing to do with the lungs.
Honestly, you could really learn a lot from this site. It must be difficult to reduce the harms of drug use if you don't know what they are. Please, stick around, you'd be amazed how much you can learn and how quickly.

You can lead a horse to water, but if that water doesn't get the horse as high and fucked up as the water it had before, you can't make him drink.

Honestly, you could really learn a lot from this site. It must be difficult to reduce the harms of drug use if you don't know what they are. Please, stick around, you'd be amazed how much you can learn and how quickly.

Obviously you're going to seize on anything I post, so allow me to rephrase and clarify what I meant... Yes, I'm aware of pulmonary talcosis. What I should have said is that considering the injection ROA bypasses the lungs, of course smoking anything is going to affect the lungs more.

Lol iv welbutrin?

yea, I think the guy picked up the habit during his last bid.

I guess they started prescribing Wellbutrin in jails and prisons here when they went 100% non-smoking and inmates realised they could get some sort of a high off them.

Apparently seizures are a pretty common side effect and this guy had lots. I think he was snorting them when he was in and started smashing them once he had access to needles when he got out. He's back in now for a while, so I assume he's back to snorting...

Anyways, what I'm taking from this thread is that I should focus this down to Oxys and include some info about snorting and a straw as well. I suppose folks could use the pipes we already have, but they might be too long for snorting.

Last edited:
you guys are a bunch of opiate lovers. i dont understand what it is about the downer feel that they like more than the upper.

Alright HR i 'm from England and chasing Heroin on foil is probably the most common ROA over here. There are a few reasons for this
!1 we get shit gear (no joke) atm the UK is inthe middle of the biggest H drought ever.

2 When we do get half decent gear or used 2 get it 90 % of it if injected has to be broken down with citric acid or Vitamin c , cos its so heavily cut.

3 less stigma atatched n stupid myths like u can't get addicted if u smoke it .

In the uk the availibilty of pills is not as prevalent as the states either, we don't have pain clinics like in Florida . 90% of drugs are prescribed by GPs who are employed by the N.H.S and things like dillys n oxys are only really given out for Pallative Care .

when it comes to smoking pills i just can't see the sense in it , i don't wanna sound defeatist but i luv smoking H on foil n have a excellent technique as most uk smokers do.
All the best with your mission any how.

Obviously you're going to seize on anything I post, so allow me to rephrase and clarify what I meant... Yes, I'm aware of pulmonary talcosis. What I should have said is that considering the injection ROA bypasses the lungs, of course smoking anything is going to affect the lungs more.

Did you not read my long post or the one directly before mine telling you that injection has everything to do with the lungs??

Yet you still say that the injection ROA bypasses the lungs. The injected particles get stuck in the lungs, to sum up what I already posted.

If you are truly working for harm reduction you would understand this. HIV is NOT the only harm that IV users need to worry about.

Telling long time IV users of pills/street drugs to start smoking pills on top of the damage they have already done to their lungs from injection is advertising harm!!!
Not to mention it will not get anyone high!!!!

Tell them to snort the damn drugs!!!!! AHHHHHH!!!!

Hello! I have been a long time "chaser" who has managed to stop my use of all opiates for a year and 6months now. After reading the other responses to your initial post, and seeing as I live just an hour or so away from you (where William performs lol) I felt like I should message you and offer you any help you may need in the form of just information, or volunteer time, or whatever it is you may need of me to help with your cause. So if you'd like to, you can PM me and we could go from there. I must mention, I was doing pills and fentanyl patches like they were going out of style and when I started to smoke the oxy's (which, by the way from my experience are they only pill worth smoking) I didn't look back! I just got deeper and deeper into it. But anyway, I hope to hear from you and again, I'd like to help in any way I can! Thank you:)