Here in London ON, we're trying out a program to try to encourage to avoid or shift away from injection towards chasing off foil.
I'm currently working on some instructions to include with the foil, but I've only been able to find instructions dealing with chasing heroin, while in this area, the drugs of choice are more usually prescription opiates and other pills (oxys, Hydromorph Contin, ritalin, Dialaudid, Wellbutrin, percocet, etc...), so I want to focus the instruction on chasing pills more specifically.
I've been reading the site for a while and it's been very helpful in my work as an outreach worker. I figure folks here are the experts, so I wanted to run what I have so far past you to see if there's anything I need to add, or any thin i need to take our because i'm misinformed and about to spread blatant falsehoods. It seems pretty straight forward, but I'm worried I may be missing something.
Here's roughly what I have so far:
1. Run a lighter over the foil to burn off any vegetable oil left from the manufacturing process
2. remove coating/outer shell
3. crush up pill/beads
4. crease the foil to hold the powder, dull side up
5. place a small amount of the powder on the dull side of the foil
6. have your pipe/tube/ whatever ready to inhale the smoke and gradually heat the underside of the foil
7. repeat 5 and 6 until you get where you want to be.
Please revise and critique the above merciless.
Also, I need to know if there are any of the pills I mentioned above that simply can't be smoked or for which smoking would just be a complete waste of time and money... Finally, if any of you have any tips for actually capturing the smoke with the pipe, that would also be helpful. Swim tried it out with an aspirin to see how it works, but dammed if swim could actually inhale any of the smoke before it dissipated in the air...
Thanks in advance for your help!