Skrillex? What do you guys think?

I like a lot of different music and just started listening to some dub step and heard some music by Skrillex that sounded good so I did some research. Now I am listening to the band "From First To Last" which I like. I am more into Rock, and Metal so when newer stuff comes out that has a rock type of influence I will give it a chance.
What I want to know is does ANYBODY on here even know the definition of 'poser"?
Reason I ask is because there are a lot of people calling each other posers because of what they choose to listen to.
How is Skrillex a poser? He writes, dubs, and performs his own music. He isn't trying to act like anybody else. He is himself. He may be cocky and need an attitude adjustmen, but he still is talented and out there living a dream that most can only wish for.
Just saying that before you badmouth somebody about what they do, think before you speak, or type. Don't take out your frustrations on others because of what they listen to or look like.
Damn! I feel like I am doing a public Service announcement commercial for PBS. Heh Heh Heh.
Enjoy your weekend people. :)

My take on him is that he falls into the producer first, DJ second category. A lot of EDM producers want to tour to make money. They're not really DJs, and haven't put the time in working as DJ. Skrillex in my mind isn't a DJ. He's the guy who's made some singles, a few records, remixes or whatever and when it comes time to do a tour...its kinda like, well...what do you do? Same with Deadmaus really, its a music business gimmick where they've made some tunes so now they've got to come up with a "show." I don't think they're any worse or any better than say dance music of the 90s:

C+C Music Factory - Gonna Make You Sweat
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2pPJywRGTk

although as an aside I think Gonna Make You Sweat is probably a better produced tune, but production has gone down the drain as the years go by. My point is that they probably hired a dance crew, and there was a DJ, and the MCs - you know pop music. Skrillex is nothing more than a repackaged pop star that people buy into. I mean he has musical talent, but so does everyone else in the industry. In a sense, Skrillex is closer to Bieber as a pop star, than say Jeff Mills, Prodigy, Hawtin (on a personal level it pains me to compare them to Skrillex). Which I guess isn't saying much.

I think what's sad is that Skrillex doesn't even come from any sort of dance music background. Its different branding, where its sort of arena rock with a dash of metal or in the 80s what was known as industrial music or hard EBM in terms of image. But he doesn't even come from that background.

As far as dubstep is concerned people missed out on the "dub" and the "step." Dub was and is the vocal-less Jamaica sound of bass and echo. The
"step" is the beat, the slower beat, where its like a slowed breaks sample. Which has nothing to do with this weird Transformers Big Beat sound that people have come with. Which is fine, I guess. Its not club music. Its stuff you blare with your sub in your car.

Saw him last year sat virgin mobile fest hes terrible he needs thisbig rising forcklift dj set to get people topu attention

My take on him is that he falls into the producer first, DJ second category. A lot of EDM producers want to tour to make money. They're not really DJs, and haven't put the time in working as DJ. Skrillex in my mind isn't a DJ. He's the guy who's made some singles, a few records, remixes or whatever and when it comes time to do a tour...its kinda like, well...what do you do? Same with Deadmaus really, its a music business gimmick where they've made some tunes so now they've got to come up with a "show." I don't think they're any worse or any better than say dance music of the 90s:

C+C Music Factory - Gonna Make You Sweat
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2pPJywRGTk

although as an aside I think Gonna Make You Sweat is probably a better produced tune, but production has gone down the drain as the years go by. My point is that they probably hired a dance crew, and there was a DJ, and the MCs - you know pop music. Skrillex is nothing more than a repackaged pop star that people buy into. I mean he has musical talent, but so does everyone else in the industry. In a sense, Skrillex is closer to Bieber as a pop star, than say Jeff Mills, Prodigy, Hawtin (on a personal level it pains me to compare them to Skrillex). Which I guess isn't saying much.

I think what's sad is that Skrillex doesn't even come from any sort of dance music background. Its different branding, where its sort of arena rock with a dash of metal or in the 80s what was known as industrial music or hard EBM in terms of image. But he doesn't even come from that background.

As far as dubstep is concerned people missed out on the "dub" and the "step." Dub was and is the vocal-less Jamaica sound of bass and echo. The
"step" is the beat, the slower beat, where its like a slowed breaks sample. Which has nothing to do with this weird Transformers Big Beat sound that people have come with. Which is fine, I guess. Its not club music. Its stuff you blare with your sub in your car.

totally agreed

tumblr_lsv5t8uGTL1qeo9kno1_500.gif

I saw him live in Amnesia when I went to Ibiza and he's okay live, but I dont really like his style. Knife Partys set was amazing, and I dont even like Knife party !

i never delete music, but his entire discography is gone. i couldn't even stand another single track serendipitously coming on by chance.

there's nothing DUB about his music at all.

I like Skrillex. Didn't even know I went to high school with him until AFTER he became famous, haha. Fail. But I guess he was really quiet and shy back then, so I guess it makes sense why... although if he was anything like he is now back then, then theoretically we should have ran in the same circles... anyway, so not the point. So moving onnn... yeah the only thing I don't like is that it kind of bothers me how all the O.G. dubheads constantly act like his music isn't "real" dubstep because of how mainstream he's become... and yet at the same time, it also bothers me that BECAUSE he's so mainstream, there's a lot of people out there who only pretend to like dubstep because Skrillex made it "cool"... know what I mean?

Yeah my post was kind of confusing, no idea if what I was trying to get at made any sort of sense to anyone else but it made sense to me haha.

That's stupid. Success in the mainstream music industry has no bearing on the genre.

because xburtonchic, Skrillex is a white, nerdy producer who copped his fashion sense from Skinny Puppy, and got it wrong. Puppy:

dwaynenivekcevin.jpg

VS:

JAMAICA/WEED/DUB

and Garage/2step

He just put out a new EP that has a Amtrac/Burial feel to it. I think he struggles to produce outside of his regular workings.

i find most of skrilexes stuff tolerable but onl for so long. when he first started geting airplay here (radio 1) it was nice to hear something different to usually hereing on national radio stations but then it just got repetive not as progresive as peopl think