Skrillex? What do you guys think?

It sounds like noise. Not recognizable as music to my ears. But I don't like dubstep too much, and I can't stand electro.... maybe not the best person to judge.

is 'electro' just electronic music in general? like it breaks down to trance, dubstep, house, etc

I'm with marshmellow on this one. I don't care for electro house or dubstep so he does not appeal to me.

Uhhh no. Hipsters don't listen to dubstep. Skrillex is for noobs to the electro/dubstep scene.

I am new to this type of music. The only other time I listened to anything even relatively similar was when I was young and into MDMA and DNB. But anyways, I really enjoy Skrillex. But hey, I was also a fan of FFTL, the band Sonny was the singer for. I also like Bassnecter alot. Datsik is chill too. But I am a total noob to this music so I am indeed inexperienced.

The usual type of music I listen to though is stuff like The Mars Volta, Coheed & Cambria, Circa Survive, Between the Buried and Me and the like.

Any recommendations?

Saw him in Seattle a few months ago. He's fun live and really knows how to work a crowd. Definitely better live then recorded.

Uhhh no. Hipsters don't listen to dubstep. Skrillex is for noobs to the electro/dubstep scene.
Then why does every person I meet that say they like Skrillex look like a total stereotypical hipster?

That is true. I sincerely hope you don't mean that in a positive way.

I like some skrillex tracks, not gonna lie.. the new mortal kombat track he produced is pretty sick.

Unfortunately only 30% of his material I like

its not "theirs" though, generally they arent really part of any music scenes from what I can tell, they are just people who leech on to scenes with their outrageous hair styles and clothes that will look even more rediculous in 10 years time.

i like him but hes way overrated i cant stand someone saying dude check out this badass new song "insert random skrillex song here" ...oh that song again.

I like his sound most of the time. Very unique compared to other dubstep artists. You can hear the rock influence from his background :)

Honestly, he's way overrated........

Just another douche like DeadMau5 ruining dubstep...