• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Best instant release pain medication?

Intravenously (and probably intranasally), oxycodone then oxymorphone then hydromorphone would be your best bets regarding duration. They are all very strong opiates. Potency is sort of irrelevant, it's mostly therapeutic index that counts regarding strength. Of course, time release formulations are much better for long term pain. Does pharmaceutical fentanyl even come IR?

What? Are you kidding? The bioavailability of oxycodone intranasally is worse than oral and it only increases a little via IV as it already has a high oral bioavailability. Oxymorphone IV is 20 times more potent than oxycodone and while you won't find much information on IV oxycodone, its potency doesn't increase much higher than its oral route because of its already high BA. Oxycodone would by far be last behing IV oxymorphone and hydromorphone. Oxymorphone would be first because it becomes ten times stronger when IV'd than its oral route (1 mg IV=10mg oral), hydromorphone increases 5 times (1mg IV=5mg Oral) and Oxycodone probably 2 or 3 times (1mg IV=2-3mg Oral). Oxycodone is a prediction but it wouldn't become more than 3 times.

Well thanks for the suggestions. I can't use weed as a medication because there is no way i could do my job stoned. Not to mention i couldnt just say "ok guys, going out back to smoke a fatty because my back hurts" that would be a one way trip to the unemployment line. And its not like I have time to set up a needle and inject the stuff, not that I ever would since I don't want to IV anything.

I will ask my doctor about Opana, don't know if we even have it in Canada yet. We are slow to get some drugs.

My doctor dosent seem to be against anything but Oxy, he really hates to give it out for some reason. Maybe one of his patients was selling the stuff and got caught. He was more than happy to give me Morphine, and Fent, maybe the dose of Morphine wasn't high enough.

Just to make it clear, it has to be some kind of oral medications, I work close to 13 hours a day, 6 days a week, some times 7. I can't be crushing up pills to snort or inject, or go out back to light up a fatty. I need a drug I can take orally, kills my pain fast and doesn't fuck me up so much that I can't run my kitchen. Trust me if I don't focus the muppets that are my cooks will start fucking up and that falls on me. Try managing a kitchen with 7 cooks when you are high as kite. Besides if I was stoned I would probably be eating all the food and the customers would get nothing. Lol

Well thanks for the suggestions. I can't use weed as a medication because there is no way i could do my job stoned. Not to mention i couldnt just say "ok guys, going out back to smoke a fatty because my back hurts" that would be a one way trip to the unemployment line. And its not like I have time to set up a needle and inject the stuff, not that I ever would since I don't want to IV anything.

I will ask my doctor about Opana, don't know if we even have it in Canada yet. We are slow to get some drugs.

My doctor dosent seem to be against anything but Oxy, he really hates to give it out for some reason. Maybe one of his patients was selling the stuff and got caught. He was more than happy to give me Morphine, and Fent, maybe the dose of Morphine wasn't high enough.

Just to make it clear, it has to be some kind of oral medications, I work close to 13 hours a day, 6 days a week, some times 7. I can't be crushing up pills to snort or inject, or go out back to light up a fatty. I need a drug I can take orally, kills my pain fast and doesn't fuck me up so much that I can't run my kitchen. Trust me if I don't focus the muppets that are my cooks will start fucking up and that falls on me. Try managing a kitchen with 7 cooks when you are high as kite. Besides if I was stoned I would probably be eating all the food and the customers would get nothing. Lol

Well it would be nice if you guys had Opana but you may not since its only been around for 5 years or so. I'm well aware that in Canada you guys get drugs late. Have you ever tried MSir before? Instant release Morphine? You said the Morphine kind of worked but that you may have just needed a higher dose, well try the instant release stuff for breakthrough pain. I believe Morphine is much better instant release than sustained release, which I find to be rather weak. Maybe if you could find the right dose it may work.

Another thing, we don't have Oxymorphone in Canada either, where the OP is from I believe.
In Canada, we are always the last to get everything. :(

Another thing, we don't have Oxymorphone in Canada either, where the OP is from I believe.
In Canada, we are always the last to get everything. :(

That sucks, well you can also give hydromorphone a try but it isn't really effective orally. But for you it may work, worth a try. Don't count it out. Also if you want you can easily crush the pill and bump it real quick in the bathroom or something. Just buy a pill crusher and a straw or a dollar bill. You can find a pill crusher at any Walgreens and many other stores. But you may be opposed to snorting pills and that's alright. Its not like it won't work orally, just not for some. Personally I think oxy and hydro are good breakthrough meds, surprised the oxy doesn't work when your already on OxyContin, they are the same thing.

I am weird when it comes to drugs. Some of them hit me hard and others don't work at all. I remember when I used to drop. It took soooo much LSD to even get my high going. Antibiotics don't work for me at all..which kind of scares me.

Well your only opiates options have all been provided - oxymorphone, hydromorphone, fentanyl, morphine, hydrocodone and then the oxycodone that isn't working for you. Then again you could ask about levorphanol but doctors don't really prescribe that for some ridiculous reason. Its powerful and lasts a long time. And then there is also Lyrica which you are on. Its action on the Substance P receptor may be responsible for some of its nerve pain killing effects. I can't think of anything else. Have you tried some of the prescription NSAIDS? They may be useful.

Well your only opiates options have all been provided - oxymorphone, hydromorphone, fentanyl, morphine, hydrocodone and then the oxycodone that isn't working for you. Then again you could ask about levorphanol but doctors don't really prescribe that for some ridiculous reason. Its powerful and lasts a long time. And then there is also Lyrica which you are on. Its action on the Substance P receptor may be responsible for some of its nerve pain killing effects. I can't think of anything else. Have you tried some of the prescription NSAIDS? They may be useful.

Ive been on Levorphanol for out patient surgery & loved it, & yes, it lasted over 8 hours. I would choose Levorphanol over Oxycodone or Hydrocodone any day of the week. I havent tried Hydromophone or Oxymorphone so I cant compare them to Levorphanol.

Ask your doctor if you can be prescribed Levorphanol over Oxycodone, believe me, you wont regret it.

Ive been on Levorphanol for out patient surgery & loved it, & yes, it lasted over 8 hours. I would choose Levorphanol over Oxycodone or Hydrocodone any day of the week. I havent tried Hydromophone or Oxymorphone so I cant compare them to Levorphanol.

Ask your doctor if you can be prescribed Levorphanol over Oxycodone, believe me, you wont regret it.

Good idea. Maybe he'll let you try it as an option. Emphasize that you heard about it on a pain management forum or something like that and heard good things.

Oxymorphone has a pathetic oral BA? So does hydromorphone, incredibly low. Hydromorphone is a total waste of a drug taken orally. Such a weak opiate orally. At least you can snort Opana for a better high, snorting Dilaudid doesn't get you too much higher. IV'ing Dilaudid...that's a total different story.

i have never been afraid to stand up until i got iv dilaudid in the hospital...

I know it is kind of simple, but sometimes ibuprofen or naproxen can work wonders. You might want to consider those, and perhaps an opiate in addition. Oxycodone doesn't seem to be particularly useful for you, and I know you said you had tried morphine in addition. Maybe instant-release morphine would be the answer, it doesn't have a great oral BA, but still if you take the right dose, you shouldn't be in much pain.

yea motrin 800 is money for certain pain aka that chronic nagging pain...but if you have pain that comes and goes i would suggest percocet 5.325

Great ain't it? I think IV hydromorphone is spectacular, gives me pins and needles. My eyes are PINpoint. Have no desire to stand up.

i literally thought i was going to pass out...but i was in a controlled hospital environment so i just went with it...but it didnt last very long...but man was it intense

That's the reason I prefer Heroin, because hydromorphone doesn't last too long. I love the rush though, more powerful than dope. Incredible.

I like oxycodone IR. the morphones are good, but short-lived, like k'd out said. I like the length and intensity of a nice roxi 30 (or two :p). Well rounded, and easy to come by where I am at.

What? Are you kidding? The bioavailability of oxycodone intranasally is worse than oral and it only increases a little via IV as it already has a high oral bioavailability. Oxymorphone IV is 20 times more potent than oxycodone and while you won't find much information on IV oxycodone, its potency doesn't increase much higher than its oral route because of its already high BA. Oxycodone would by far be last behing IV oxymorphone and hydromorphone. Oxymorphone would be first because it becomes ten times stronger when IV'd than its oral route (1 mg IV=10mg oral), hydromorphone increases 5 times (1mg IV=5mg Oral) and Oxycodone probably 2 or 3 times (1mg IV=2-3mg Oral). Oxycodone is a prediction but it wouldn't become more than 3 times.

The point I was making has nothing to do with potency or bioavailability, as neither of those have any affect on the drugs' cognitive effect other than relative required dosing.

How do you know that? Why would someone lie and say they've tried something when they haven't? To look cool on the internet? I don't see the point.

Numorphan is where most of my experience with oxymorphone comes from, not so much Opana. I remember back when I was on this website under my old sn like around 2004 or something like that when Opana wasn't even released yet, I was the only person who seemed to know what oxymorphone was. I talked about it like it was the going to be the next big thing and always wondered why haven't they begun prescribing it in a tablet form so that everybody with severe pain could take it. Nobody really talked about it. Then when I came back to this website after 4 or something years, people are talking about this drug called "Opana". I read up about it and saw it was oxymorphone. I remember the thread "Will Opana be as popular as OxyContin?" My prediction was no. OC's were too big. And Opana sounds weird. I tried it once orally and three times insufflated. That's all the experience I have with Opana but I have gone through vials of Numorphan. Preferred it to heroin. Wound up in rehab because of it, mixed it with ketamine and went crazy.

I agree Opana may be over hyped, but just a little. Some people make it sound incredible. But don't knock oxymorphone until you've IV'd it. Second best I've ever found to heroin. Doesn't pack as much of a rush like Hydromorphone but the high is very balanced. It lasts longer than hydromorphone and almost as long as heroin.

Personally I think more people lie about doing heroin than oxymorphone.

EDIT: You said "you" see patients...are you a doctor or something? You seem to have an awful lot of time to spend on here to be a doctor. Not saying your always on here, what I mean is from what I've heard doctors are so incredibly busy that they have to move people along really quick. My physician gets me in and out in 5-10 minutes to fit in another patient. That is just from what I've heard.

Personally, I don't care whether you've tried oxymorphone or not. I'm just suspicious of a lot of stuff said on the forum, because sometimes people post while all fucked up and they don't make sense. When something doesn't make sense, usually it isn't true.

For your "EDIT" - what I meant about "I see" is not that I see patients, I meant it in a way like "I can see patients being switched to Opana..." not that I see patients.

Well I called my doctor today and asked him how much he knew about Levorphanol. Considering his knowledge of medications (he looks them up on an app on his iphone..heh, well he is an "intern" being apprenticed by full MD. Anyway, he said that he would talk to his master and call me back. Well he did call me back and said that he was willing to see me and we could talk about it, he wasn't against prescribing it to me but had to ask me a few questions first. So maybe this one will be the ticket.

My back was killing me so bad today that I took a 600 mgs of Lyrica, 60 Mgs of Oxycontin, and and about 30mgs of Oxy IR through out the day. I was high as a kite and still felt like I had a spike stuck in my back. I can't keep pumping myself full of these drugs at this level. I am going to build a tolerance to the Lyric really fast at that dose and I can't go floating around on massive doses of Opiates, when I take that much I feel like I want to puke my guts out most of the day.

Is Levorphanol some kind of super opiate or something. I have looked it up on the net but they don't really give many details about it besides side effects, addiction, blah blah blah. You guys know better than the websites out there.