• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Generic Opana 10mg IR IV?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuskface

Bluelighter
I've spent the past hour using the search engine, searching the opana megathread, etc and I simply cannot locate a definitive answer to this question:

How does one prepare the new generic Opana (oxymorphone) Instant Release pills of injection? I am very well versed in various methods of preparation for a variety of oxycodone, hydromorphone, and morphine pills for intravenous use, but this is uncharted territory for me.

The generic that I have is a round white pill with "54" above "814" on one side of the pill; totally blank on the other. I have confirmed elsewhere online that this is, indeed, a new(ish) generic formulation of instant release oxymorphone (and I've insuflated about 5mg to further banish any doubts ;)

Thus far, the best i've been able to locate is a method for the original, name brand, red colored Opana IR's which involve crush, water, lots of stirring and time, (then possibly light heat, but I've always been of the opinion/knowledge that heating pills is counter productive), filter and bang.

I've only got a little more than one and a half left, so I don't want to waste any as I've yet to experience the wonders of the oxymorphone rush.

Anyone have any experience with this little guys? If I have simply erred in my searching skills, pointing me to the correct page would be much appreciated.

According to the opiophile forums (not the best source, I know) "the only change between brand and generic is that the brand contains lactose monohydrate which is replaced in the generic by microcrystalline cellulose. The other inactive ingredients, magnesium stearate and pregelatinized starch are the same." (http://forum.opiophile.org/archive/index.php/t-33111.html)

They are the Roxane Labs generic formulation.

This link http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=529690 and it doesn't look terribly promising... anyone else have any experiences to share?

Thanks!

I will tell you exactly the method that I use. I have been IVing these generic Opana IR pills for about 8 months now, although I am prescribed the 5mg pills. I am pretty sure you must have the same brand because the pills I get are small, white, round, and have an imprint of "56" above "956" or some 900 number I cant remember exactly they are not next to me.

I will tell you my method which involves cotton filtering, although it is obviously suggested that you use micron filters, which I am currently working on getting.

these pills are very starchy and retain half of the water added to them on the first rinse. what i mean by that is, for example, if I add 120 units of water to 3 pills for a 15mg shot, when i pull it up through cotton i will only get back 60 units of water no matter how hard i try. so then i will always do a second rinse, which usually pulls up exactly the amount I added the second time.

ok so heres what to do:

1. crush the pills very finely
2. add very warm water (as i said, they are starchy so the mixture tends to thicken when the water gets cold. DO NOT HEAT. just add very warm water.) The amount of water to use really depends on how many pills you are using. for 1 pill I will ad maybe 50-60 units. 2 pills about 80 units. 3 pills 110 units. Since you have the 10mg pills i DOUBT you need anywhere near 3+ pills.
Remember to add enough water to make the solution start to move like liquid when tilting the spoon. so keep adding small amounts of water until it begins to stop being thick and act like water.
3. stir, stir and stir some more. DO NOT ADD ANY HEAT. remember NO HEAT. it wont help. just keep stirring to make sure the oxymorphone dissolves into the water from the starchy binders. i would say about 5-10 minutes of stirring is perfect.
4. just make a cotton ball filter and drop it in. i always pre-wet my filters and then squeeze out the water and tighten it into a ball. this keeps it from expanding really large and makes it easier to pull up the solution.
5. pull up the solution through the cotton. I REALLY SUGGEST pulling up the liquid with a luer lock syringe without the needle on. or pulling out the needle on another syringe and pulling the water into it that way. it makes the water come through the cotton so much easier, seeing as the binders are very starchy and retain the water.
6. put the solution in another spoon/container.
7. do a second rinse by adding some more water to the pill binder. add much less this time, maybe exactly the amount you need to fill up a full 100 units based on how much you retained in the first rinse. or simply add enough so that the solution isnt so thick and can move around like water. when you add water the second time, all of it comes through the cotton instead of half like the first time.
8. stir for a few minutes. again, pull the oxymorphone solution through the same cotton.
9. add this to the other spoon/container with the first prep of oxymorphone in it already.
10. make another tight cotton ball filter and drop it in to the solution.
11. pull into the syringe you are using for injection.
12. prep injection site with rubbing alcohol.
13. tie off and inject. enjoy!!

I have been doing this for over 8 months and it is the best method i am sure. make sure you filter a second time like i have provided because if you pull up the water with a syringe without a needle to yield the most water it also pulls with it noticeable powder and particles. putting everything in a second spoon and re-filtering will take care of this. remember DO NOT HEAT. it will do you no good, except destroy some oxymorphone and dissolve lots of binders you dont want into the shot.

of course a micron filter is recommended. if you were to micron filter you would do these exact steps and then push the final solution through the micron filter. so these steps are necessary regardless, it is the best method i have found for preparing these Opana IR pills. so you can either just inject like this or this has just made it easier to get through a micron filter.

i really recommend using the micron filter because i have looked at the inactive ingredient list for these pills and one of them is "microcrystalline cellulose" which is one of the worst things to build up in your circulatory system and lungs over time... for a one time shot you will be fine without, although if you continue to shoot oxymorphone pills regularly you really should get the filters.

Enjoy and be careful... this is some powerful stuff... one of the best rushes you can get and is active at low doses.

Last edited:
Thanks, etard7007! That is exactly what I was hoping to hear!

Hard to believe it, but I've actually got to wait until tomorrow to go purchase a pack of points in order to try this method... but its a good thing, overall, not having any rigs in the house (first time I've wanted a point in a while, too. My how times change).

The will power to save 10mgs until tomorrow though, now thats not any easier than before...

I know this is old, but I would like to share some experience I have with these and oddly, I've come to like iv'ing the generics' more than the pink/red opana ir 10's.

1.) Grind desired amount of pill with a hose clamp into a sterile spoon. Stir until dissolved into 70 units of very cold water (this seperates the fillers/wax better than warm water)
2.) Take a previously used, sterile syringe... pull the needle out with pliers.
3.) Stuff 3 cotton filters (I prefer cigg filters cut into small pieces) into the syringe without the needle.
4.) Draw up the solution and empty in another clean spoon
5.) Do another rinse with another 50 units of water and again, empty in clean spoon.
6.) Drop another filter into clean solution, draw up with new syringe, and get a slice of heaven.
*This should give you roughly 95 units of solution that is just as clear as water*
^ why I like the generics more

First off, swim has a lot of experience with shooting pills and the 10mg IR opana used to be swims drug of choice because of the rush it provides. First off, be extremely careful when dosing your shot for its a lot like dilaudid(hydromorphone) only roughly 10X stronger. It is EXTREMELY water soluable and infact this drug is released to fast it doesnt even need heat and heat can actually destroy some of the med. Grab a spoon or whatever and fill your syringe with 40-50 cc's of water and squirt it directly on the pill itself and you can literaly watch the stream of water cut through the pill like a knife. swish it around a little and use the backside of your syringe to break the rest apart. stir a little throw in your filter and draw. Enjoy, might want to sit down when taking the shot for like i said the rush is extremely intense. for example swims tolerance was 150mg OC injected at once. 10mg provided a bigger rush. I am by no means an expert in chemistry this is based off of personal experience.

to both of you,

with the pinks, it is very very easy and no, you should never add heat.

the white starchy ones are A LOT harder than the method you and your experience have had.

i can bang 2 pink 10's at a time w. no worries... i think i know my dosing limitations as I also use benzos daily and have been doing so for over 3 years. I would choose these over heroin anyday. In fact, it's way way way cheaper than dropping 10 a bag when it takes at least 5 to get you nodding

This has worked the best, but no where near the rush that people say.

I know this is old, but I would like to share some experience I have with these and oddly, I've come to like iv'ing the generics' more than the pink/red opana ir 10's.

1.) Grind desired amount of pill with a hose clamp into a sterile spoon. Stir until dissolved into 70 units of very cold water (this seperates the fillers/wax better than warm water)
2.) Take a previously used, sterile syringe... pull the needle out with pliers.
3.) Stuff 3 cotton filters (I prefer cigg filters cut into small pieces) into the syringe without the needle.
4.) Draw up the solution and empty in another clean spoon
5.) Do another rinse with another 50 units of water and again, empty in clean spoon.
6.) Drop another filter into clean solution, draw up with new syringe, and get a slice of heaven.
*This should give you roughly 95 units of solution that is just as clear as water*
^ why I like the generics more

Only a lil rush what's up with the 10xa k8.(Dilaudid) I haven't tryed heat yet, because everyone says NO HEAT! I heat my dills and get a bad ass rush off about 5 if I haven't used in a week! So if this (TEVA) oxymorphone is pink ovular shape with a "93" on one side and "02" on the other side. It is a 10mg IR oxymorphone. I am RXed 240 & 180 dills a month. Fixing to get raised to 240&240
Well, after all the babbling I just did. Can some one do like this is step by step how to prep it. Yeah some help would be nice but this is the best method that does anything. Some say hit water cold water double filter bla bla....just a simple
Example for hydromorph
1)1 k8 crush
2)Put in cooker add 80units water
3) lightly heat till clear with out over doin it!
4)drop cotton/filter
5)draw up
6) prep site of administration, tie off and enjoy.

I for some reason cannot get it like swim. I get the generic TEVA pink ovular with a 93 on one side and a 02 on the other it is 10mg IR Oxymirph. I have used every method on here. A lil help would be nice.

Man, I wish these were available in my area...everything is just oxy oxy and more oxy. Via Percocets, Roxi's, and Oxycontin's. Then we have the Lortabs of course. And once in a blue moon Dillies will show up(most of the time k4's, not the 8mg ones) and Morphine. I got SUPER exited when my dealer got these prescribed 10mg oxymorphone they said, ended up being time released, and there was no way in HELL to even get these to a powder to even snort, they just turned to gel. Ended up just eating 2-3 of them(got them into tiny pieces and chewed) my tolerance was low at the time so I got a good buzz...but what I would do for like two or three of these 10 or 5mg instant release ones.

How do i prep it corectly? I get a better rush of hydromorphone! I use the cold & hot methods. I get a rush but nothing like yall say. What am U doing wrong? I get 240 of each each month. I want to enjoy a full blast off the opana before I quit for good.

We don't allow drug distribution/trading/giveaways even via PM. Just a warning. Don't even offer.

If you have IR oxymorphone all you should have to do is crush, add cold/room temp water, mix, filter, inject... if you don't get enough of a rush you're probably building a tolerance and need to either increase your dose (risky) or use less frequently, or just live with it... (thats what usually/eventually happens with IV high potency short acting opioids like oxymorph, hydromorph, fentanyl...)

especially if you get 240 of them a month... it would be hard to NOT get a tolerance.

Thanks that worked fine. I would never give my meds to anyone! It's illegal, what I did was not a smart thing, but I wanted to do it one time now I'm done! I just got switched to them I got 180 methadone (was on for 15 years) now insurance won't pay so he switcHED to opana. I think he messed up on the conversion Big time! I only take 2-3 a day. For round the clock pain and I get hydromorphone for break through. 180 mg....thanks I got what I need, like I said I'm done now because this is to enjoyable and I will eend up dead! I nevwr misused my meds and I fucked up when I did that first Daulidid....(wrong ppl I was hanging with)I am almost of this shit and I will never touch an needed agaon as long as I live. I have 2 kids 13&14 I got to much to live for, then to be doing this stipid shit.
Live and learn....I just did because I did the 10 and got a major rush, unlike hydromorph it has legs and makes me sweat like crazy.

180 8mg.....I don't take all these med as RX'ed...I take less. The oxy I only take 2-3 a day and have 5-6 xtra. Same whith the Daulidid, I don't take them like RXed either way less. More as needed. So needless to say, when the pharmaxy tells me they don't have the meda in stock, I tell them that's ok let me k ow when YALL get them in.
As they are very addictive and I used to have a pill problem I got help and now I have extra MEDS every month. I also get them evry month because the insurance pays every month.

I've been through opiated detox and it sux that I have I take such a string med to do anything for me though. Bad car wreck my back is FUBAR and so is my neck.

K/71?

What about the pinkish/red 10s with K over 71 on one side and blank on the other? Should I treat them the same as the pinkish ones you’ll describe here? I’m prescribed 120 of these a month and 30 OxyContin 20s a month. I’ve been on oxycodone for almost 7 years and as you can imagine, a redicilous tolerance along with it. The opanas I’ve only been taking for a few months and have yet to inject them. I was worried about the binders & buffers that are in them. Wasn’t sure if they could be filtered out. I also have been insuflating them for a bit and tend to go through them rather quickly unfortunately. In your opinion, should I just stick to swallowing them?

This is turning into a pill identifying thread. Use one of the many pill identifying sites and find out.

OP's answer was answered.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.