• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How Much Opana 40 mg ER Should I Bump? I'm New To This and want to be careful...

crasspaddy82

Bluelighter
I just got these Opana 40 mg ER. The thing is, I am only used to doing 30 mg roxys and occasionally 60 mg morphine. But I've never really snorted anything before, I just parachute them, crushing them up in tissue paper and swallowing them. I have a pretty wicked fear of ODing so I want to be careful, I have never done anything this strong and I only really do pills on the weekends, only doing one per night. So how much of this Opana should I do? And should I bump it? My friend who sold them to me told me you should only do that to get anything out of it. Any advice would be great...

Opana is about twice as strong as oxycodone (roxys/oxys/percs) so if you're used to only taking one 30mg roxy, i would say snorting about half of the pill would be equal.

Last edited:
just break out some moderately sized lines. Do one. Wait and see how you deel. Then do another. Wait and see how you feel...

Not exactly rocket science. Just take ot slpw until you find your desired dose.

Opana is about half as strong as oxycodone (roxys/oxys/percs) so if you're used to only taking one 30mg roxy, i would say snorting about half of the pill would be equal.

Opana is STRONGER than oxycodone. Just crush up the pill and do a little bump about ====== every 20 mins until you're good

First time dosing questions such as this belong in Basic Drug Discussion.

OD >>> BDD

Opana is STRONGER than oxycodone. Just crush up the pill and do a little bump about ====== every 20 mins until you're good

Holy shit thank you for correcting me, I knew that I just wrote it down backwards.. yeesh, hope I didn't kill anyone.

haha no, don't worry i haven't done it yet. just nervous before i do it. i keep hearing about how crazy strong these are...

so maybe about a quarter of an inch line to start with?

don't bump it. where's that ADD topic about Opana ER causing long-term silicosis when insufflated?

i thought that was only if you didn't scrape off the coating...

anyway, if i don't bump it can i parachute it after crushing it up? i keep hearing different things from everyone...

Oxymorphone is twice as strong as oxycodone but your not putting into account that he wants to "insufflate" it. That makes it MUCH more powerful. You definitely need to take this into account. It would be very dangerous to snort half of that pill when your only used to taking 30mg of Roxicodone orally. Oxymorphone would also be more than twice as strong if you were comparing Roxicodone insufflated because the bioavailability of oxymorphone increases while oxycodone decreases.

I'd suggest you only snort a quarter (10mg)

Insufflation definitely increase bioavailability but if he snorts the roxicodone, I assumed that conversion would be similar although not constant....

It was meant in addition to the above posts i.e. tiny key bumps/lines etc.

thats just it though. i know this sounds retarded but how exactly can i measure a quarter of it? how big would that be? and even then, when you make lines, how thick/thin should they be? it'd be easier if someone were here to show me...ugh...

If your intention is to snort the whole thing, crush it all up.
Then, stick the very end of a straw or the end of a key in there.

Insufflation definitely increase bioavailability but if he snorts the roxicodone, I assumed that conversion would be similar although not constant....

It was meant in addition to the above posts i.e. tiny key bumps/lines etc.

No, it wouldn't. When you snort oxycodone the Bioavailability (potency) "decreases". When oxymorphone is snorted the bioavailability "increases" greatly. Orally Oxymorphone has a weak BA and oxycodone has a very high BA so when you snort oxycodone the potency isn't increasing. Shooting up oxycodone the potency doesn't even really increase by much. Oxymorphone increases 10 times when it is shot up and most people will say that it increases 5 times when snorted. Snorting 20mg is very dangerous for someone who takes 30mg of Roxicodone! Snorted or railed. That is just asking to OD. 10mg will be certainly enough!

Get a pedegg or a hose clamp and shave off roughly a quarter. If you don't have access to either then crush it up and divide it into roughly 8 lines. I would start out with about 5mg and work your way up. Opana is very very strong and the first time i did it (60mg oxy tolerence) I did 20mgs and it kicked my ass. Hose clamp is the way to go with opanas IMHO. Wish I was you. One 40 should last you all weekend.

I did not know that about oxymorphone K'd. I have had a lot of experience with opiates and opana has never been available to me, thus have not really researched. Thank you though. Entirely too many assumptions....

Bottom line, start with a very little bit and titrate the dose as necessary.

thats just it though. i know this sounds retarded but how exactly can i measure a quarter of it? how big would that be? and even then, when you make lines, how thick/thin should they be? it'd be easier if someone were here to show me...ugh...

Its easy to measure a quarter. If its a 40mg pill, you cut it into 4 pieces, cuts it 4 ways & then crush each quarter when needed to snort. Like KD above said, Opana snorted is really strong compared to orally swallowing it.

^ it really doesn't do shit if you swallow it. I've popped 60mgs before and it didn't really do anything

Yeah, Opana is a waste taken orally. If you don't want to IV (which you shouldn't IV pills, especially Opana) then snort it.