• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How Much Opana 40 mg ER Should I Bump? I'm New To This and want to be careful...

Thanks guys, I guess I was just scared of ODing because everyone keeps telling me how powerful these things are. Didn't want to overdo it. I've only snorted pills a couple of times, not much.

And you should be careful with Opana so you took the right precautions. It is a very powerful opioid and should be taken with care. Seeking advice was the right thing to do and that is what we are here for :)

Ok, you know what I'm reading too many horror stories, kind of regretful I bought them. I don't use opiates as often as everyone here does so would I be okay if I just take it orally? The whole thing?

Yeah. I hate to be a pussy, I'm just trying to be careful and couldn't get what I usually get (roxies) so I'm doing these. I haven't snorted pills before really so I'm hoping what I just broke off isn't overdoing it...

Yeah I'd break them up into 4 equal sizes lines (10 mg each) and do one; wait 20 minutes; do another if you need, etc.

Yeah I'd break them up into 4 equal sizes lines (10 mg each) and do one; wait 20 minutes; do another if you need, etc.

No, don't do that. That's too much. Oxymorphone is 5 times more potent than oxycodone (insufflated) so taking 10mg and then 10mg in 20 minutes is far too much in such a short period if your tolerance to oxycodone is only 30mg. I would recommend you do 10mg and don't redose more than 5mg in 30 minutes. Don't do anymore than that. You may vomit. If you didn't get high, which I assure that you will, then at least you know your tolerance and start with a higher dose with the rest that you've got another day. I know someone who puked their guts out from 20mg and they took oxycodone every day.

And to your other question, fuck no, don't take the entire pill if you want to take it orally. Orally Oxymorphone is x2 as potent. Your only taking 30mg of oxycodone, take no more than half the pill.

Dude, if you're scared of taking Opana, do as we said & cut it into 4 pieces. Then crush the quarter piece up which is 10mgs but only snort half the powder of that quarter piece which is 5mgs, then wait 30 minutes as K'D mentioned & if you need more, then snort the other 5mgs. Better to be safe than sorry & since Opana is 5 times stronger as K'D mentioned, do it the way I mentioned.

Well, when I had about your tolerance I was splitting a 20mg into quarters. My tolerance went up pretty fast after using Opana though, which sucks. With other pills, I could stay on the same dose for a long time.... within a couple months I couldn't even feel that quarter of a 20 at all. I definitely wouldn't cut a 40 into quarters.... split it into 8 equal lines and perhaps do HALF of one of those lines and go from there... start small!

Well, when I had about your tolerance I was splitting a 20mg into quarters. My tolerance went up pretty fast after using Opana though, which sucks. With other pills, I could stay on the same dose for a long time.... within a couple months I couldn't even feel that quarter of a 20 at all. I definitely wouldn't cut a 40 into quarters.... split it into 8 equal lines and perhaps do HALF of one of those lines and go from there... start small!

^^^^^

Great advice!

Good advice, always start with 5mg "at the most". If needed you can always do another 2.5-5mg 30-60 minutes later but never go above a total of 10mg if you only have a mild to moderate tolerance. Just my opinion. With a tolerance to 30mg of oxycodone, 10mg insufflated would be equivalent to about 50mg so you would be going above your tolerance. You can take that risk if you want but your not facing an OD. But you could be facing some time with your head in the toilet. Its really up to you. I'm not giving this advice to someone with only a mild tolerance.

Last edited:
opana takes a long time to kick all the way in, even when you snort it. longer than 30min. and 5mg feels like 25-30mg of oral oxycodone, but is much heavier and longer lasting.

first reply says start with half the pill up the nose. wtf? edit: haha, i see he realized the mistake.

and didn't we have a thread about just this, roughly an hour or two ago?

Last edited:
opana takes a long time to kick all the way in, even when you snort it. longer than 30min. and 5mg feels like 25-30mg of oral oxycodone, but is much heavier and longer lasting.

first reply says start with half the pill up the nose. wtf? edit: haha, i see he realized the mistake.

and didn't we have a thread about just this, roughly an hour or two ago?

Yeah, about 5 times stronger intranasally. 5mg = 25mg

I just want to say that based off of my research, and my own experience, I would equate 40mg of oxymorphone to be equivalent to 120mg oxycodone. So a 3:1 ratio; every 10mg oxyMORPHONE=30mg oxyCODONE

I have found some things supporting me, as well as things stating the equivalent is more. However this is up for debate, and is also much a personal issue (because everyone has a unique body chemistry and thusly EVERY DRUG affects every single individual uniquely). Some people say its 2:1, others would argue 4:1, I am exactly in the middle arguing a 3:1 ratio (again, from my knowledge and for me personally). So we'll say it is within a 2:1 and 4:1 ratio
So! 40mg opana equals anywhere from 80-120mg oxycodone.

HOWEVER: While this is what medically is considered "equivalent", in fact the opana is a STRONGER CHEMICAL! While this may be equiangalesic to this much oxycodone, oxymorphone is, in my opinion, STRONGER THAN THIS! It may "equal" this much OC? But it'd be like...like doing that much OC but with a kicker...something extra. It'd be like doing a super for of OC, again, in my opinion and experience. This is why I give leeway for the ratios: because it may "equal" that in #? But it definitely is equal to more than that #.

Now, you also have to take into account ALCOHOL! Please Please PLEASE guys be CAREFUL with this stuff if you have drank at all beforehand or plan to afterwards. Oxymorphone can be boosted by alcohol anywhere from 50-300%. Yes, up to 3x as strong with a single shot of alcohol

This stuff is no joke guys, the chemistry is very unique and strange, and it is a very powerful drug. Very interesting.

So OP: I would start with 10mg (1/4th a pill) and go from there. Please please do not redose quickly if you are not used to doing massive amounts of opiates. This stuff takes a lil longer to hit you than OC imo, so if you wanna do more please wait more than you usually would, just to be safe.

Any of us addicts will tell you that even if we've been clean for MONTHS, we still have a permanent tolerance built in. So even if i took a break for 6 months from opis, I could still come back and do 3 blues back-to-back, whereas someone used to doing 1 blue to get fucked up probably could not keep up. Example: i took a 2 week long break from jams (not much to sober people but its basically months in opiate time lol) and still did 20mg opana immediately upon my return. This does not mean that you can do the same. Please, be careful

(Note: Sorry my posts always seem to be so long, I just like to fit as much information as possible in 1 post at once so that i 1) dont forget and 2) dont need to make 3 posts in the same thread. Hope this helped someone. Enjoy guys, just please be careful)

I am pretty disappointed in Opana. Got my hands on a few them. I was withdrawing yesterday so I popped two Opana 20 ER's. Took two hours to not feel like crap. No high, no euphoria. So I took some advice and cut one up and dissolved it in water overnight. Plugged the 5Ml watery, sticky, jelly substance . Again, no rush , no euphoria, no high. I don't have a crazy tolerance either. Was expecting more. Even had a shot of Vodka because I read it increases the pill. Nothing...