• AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Buying Marijuana seeds over the internet

Status
Not open for further replies.

sinntress

Bluelighter
Hi guys
I did a search but didnt come up with anything so hence my post
Does anybody know the laws regarding having mull seeds shipped to Australia from overseas?
I have noticed many websites where seeds can be purchased.....but i dont wanna waste my money if they are just gonna be confiscated because it illegal
Can you help?
(i hope this isnt breaking the rules mods, ive tried to be vewy careful with my wording)

I dont know if this might help but ill say it anyway.
I live in new zealand and about 12 months ago i purchased 10 seeds by auction over the internet.
They were sent an address here and arrived in perfect condition.
I think it is illegal but they dont bother with it because they dont really search for them at customs, they concertrate their efforts on class a and class b drugs.
best to use a false address that you can check just to be safe.

It is in fact illegal to import marijuana seeds into Australia, cannibis itself is listed as an illegal substance under Customs (PROHIBITED IMPORTS) Regulations 1956, Schedule 4: Drugs (regulation 5)
customs regulations also states somewhere that for specific plants/herbs etc the seeds may be imported only for scientific research purposes and must have a special permit granted by many levels of government.
I have to go out, and hence can't be bothered finding the specific part of the document that says so, but if you want something more comprehensive than that which i've just paraphrased, go to google and enter 'customs regulations 1956 prohibited imports seeds' or something to that effect.
Also, this is a possibly dangerous post that could be misconstrued, and i'd consider closing it if the information i've just given you is an adequate answer to your question.
ciao :)

These are some very carefully worded posts crew, nice work. I'm very pleased with the level of maturity here :D
Also, much thanks for the replies, I think the issue seems pretty 'cut and dried' ;) Do seeds class as plant matter or some other kind of import? I'm guessing that plant matter would probably be subject to some kind of quarantine. This could add weeks (and dollars?) to someone's shipping, if so.
BigTrancer :)

It is illegal to import cannabis seeds into Australia..but it is also very common. There are quite a few good seedbanks around if you search the various pot forums on the net you will soon find ones that send to Australia. They are discreetly mailed and i have recieved many seeds over the years without a hassel...but just remember that it is illegal and you could bring yourself to the attention of the boys in blue..though that risk is small.
Strains i have grown and recommend are
Sweet Tooth#3 (spice of life)
Super Skunk (Sensi)
Jack Flash (Sensi)
Northern Lights x Haze (Sensi)
Nevilles Haze (Mr Nice)
Super Silver Haze (Mr Nice)
The Real McCoy (The Flying Dutchman)
Fuma Con Dias (The Flying Dutchman)
The Original Haze (The Flying Dutchman)
Pot Of Gold (The Flying Dutchman)
The seedcompanies DO NOT SEND to Australia but with a bit of looking you will find distributers that stock their seeds and that will mail to oz.
Good luck

Bah! illegal..
almost everything talked about here is illegal. I've been thinking about this for a while, now my impressionable little mind is made up, just got to make up my mind on which strain, so many to choose from!
cruiser1, any you dont like, also did you do indoor/outdoor?

Sure others have managed it, but don't assume that because they pulled it off & avoided the authorities that you will...
Anyway, best of luck :)

sorry to drag this up again....

just wondering if anyone here has heard any recent stories on getting seeds through the post.....:)

I know a lot of gnomes have succesfully imported seeds, but I don't say how it's send, but it's usually very sleath and discreet, I mean if the marijuana seedbanks have been operating for years and huge cut of their client base is foregin customers..... I mean would the seedbanks still operate if the customers never receieved seeds?

I would give you plenty of further of information, but I dont think I am allowed, I would be breaking fair bit of Bluelight's Forum Guidelines. Sorry. =D

Can you guys not locate a seedbank in Aust? It's a plant, why import the seeds and risk being busted by customs....? Even if there are no HUGE local seedbanks a la the ones overseas, the seeds grow on trees! It can't be that hard to get viable seeds locally to save yourself the risk of importation...

BigTrancer :)

PS: Absolutely no discussion of specific online sources for seeds, spores, or plant material of any kind is permitted on BL.

Aussiebushwakkerdakker; good till the last cough!

Aussiebushwakkerdakker; Strains to suit the straining smoker

The only place to find genuine Aussie bush dope seeds. Countless years of poor farming practises together with severely compromised soils, sun and water levels, have combined to produce some of the most stringy, seedy, stalky dope strains in the world.

Guaranteed not to produce sticky fingers, the good ol Ausbushdakker strains are becoming harder and harder to find as hydroponic strains have entered the gene pool. However, at the wakkerdakker labs, scientists have painstakingly reassembled the bush gene sequences to ensure this part of Australia's leafy heritage will be around for all time.

So next time you're standing next to someone who's in a coughing fit, look over, smile and ask

Aussiebushwakkerdakker mate?

Choose from the famous :

Mango Muncho This plant smells so good that you could eat it. And that's what they do. Get stuck somewhere with only your pot, stoned with the munchies. No worries mate, simply have a mango muncho!

Roger Ralpha The name given to a strain of dope which traditionally grew next to Stinking Roger, a local queensland wort. Guaranteed to disgust, the smell provides a great introduction to a plant which will make you spew on the first toke. Recommended for the Beer Drinking, occasional smoker.

Lantana Hash (also known as Lantana Harsh or Lantana Laryngitis) Ever wanted to see the insides of your lungs? This plant will do it. As with the original strain, some lantana flowers are always found amongst dried leafy buds.

Mullumbimby Pre-madness Before the (un) real pot arrived. Prompts hippy activity, singing songs without words and an interest in thoroughly losing the strain by giving it back to nature.

Nimbin Notmuch A fast runner, great for creeping under fences, but when it comes time to seeing what your investment produced, results are always pitiful. Named after the typical street deal of the area.

Look out for soon to be released:

Monia Blue Characteristic of the mouldy damp summer mull of Northern Queensland. Selected for colour and pong, this pot is impossible to dry before fungi sets in. Sure to be a big hit in the head.

;)

To be fair some of the best mull I've had was grown in the bush. It all about TLC, although there's only so much you can do with a poor or ruined strain.

Last edited:
I argee with BT, if you look around harder, you will find few underground Aussie seedbanks ;)

^^ which are quite possibly better than ordering from overseas. I've known of several people who have ordered from reputable companies only to find either the seeds didn't germinate at all, or the strain didn't grow well here. Phoning Amsterdam, one guy I know ordered on the company's recommendation of their best variety for this area , but was shocked to find the plants headed within a week of germinating. Upon complaining he was sent more for free, but this was a terrible disruption to his annual planning.

If you do find a local supplier, ideally one should look at the breeding stock, both growing as a plant and dried 3-5 month old buds. With the use of hormones any worthy seed supplier should nowadays be able to guarantee at least a 70% female count, even allowing for environmental variations.

Also look for hybrids which have successfully bred local strains with known varieties. Ideally the seeds should be at least 6th generation. This is generally found to improve resistance to fungi, especially if grown outside. Never buy the first generation of a new hybrid. The next generation will usually display what's known as "hybrid vigour". It lasts for one season only, with the next usually being dismal indeed. Careful selection over the next few years is required to ensure valuable recessive traits aren't lost.

The best bet IMO is to find a grower of the most superb pot and ask for some of his personal seeds. This is how I once obtained some "Royal Dutch" which had been grown in Aus for ~8 years. The small potted plants produced good weight and excellent smoke, although it did almost ruin a few parties :\

Also worth a tip. This time of year many hydro growers have the problem of increased temperatures. When the temperature of the environment get much over 31 degC, cannabis tends to produce hermaphrodites, which, if of the type formed by a single small branch of male flowers, will pollinate a pure female to produce seed of ~95% female. So, if the seeds are viable they should be as good as any, although this will mean your stock carries the hermaphrodite gene. But then all good strains probably do.

SWIM has ordered seeds from a London distributor a few times and actually beern caught once,all i was sent was a confiscation notice that the seeds would be destroyed(or returned i think too?It was a while ago)

Oh,IMO the Aussie seed banks suck,besides being overpriced it's just poor quality pot.

:)

aloowishus said:
Oh,IMO the Aussie seed banks suck,besides being overpriced it's just poor quality pot.

Welll few gnomes I know ordered heaps from this few Aussie seedbanks, and they were very good, and pretty potent/weight wise, Overpriced? I thought they were cheaper/value for the money, because some Overseas seedbanks are way expensive because they often sell in Euros/US dollars.

Sounds like you might have brought the seeds from the wrong seedbank, because I think I kninda know which one you meant, there is couple of shitty seedbanks, but there is one very very good one, and all my gnomes have stopped looked elsewhere.

Just hang around and do some searching thru marijuana forums, and god knows if that will lead you to more infoirmation. ;)

Cheers, Urbie :D

No,i didn't order from a crappy seedbank,I've seen plants from 4 different aussie seedbanks and all 4 were crap,yields were good but who cares when you don't want to smoke the pot?,oh i have seen good seeds brought in person from Nimbin.Personally i'd rather deal with a reliable company thats been around a few years and has a proven track record rather than aussie companys operating in a very grey area.To each thier own,i guess

Of the 8 strains i've seen from Europe 1 pack didn't germinate(replaced 4 free) and 1 pack was hermies(also replaceed)5 packs were excellent pot and the last was good pot i just didn't like the flavour.

Also i've been a member of Overgrow for 3years or so,i do know my shit.

Peace

Status
Not open for further replies.