• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How many hydrocodones can you take in a 24 hour period?

jessicah18

Greenlighter
After browsing the internet for hours, finding nothing but contradicting answers, I thought about posting here, figured yall would know :)

How many hydros can one SAFELY take in a 24 hour period?

I have 7.5/500

Right now I have around 70 pills, going to try to taper myself off, and try the immodium and zantac for w/ds.

Speaking of the dreaded w/d, does anyone know if the lope/zantac remedy works for the restless legs and insomia, bcs for me, those two seem to be the worst.

Any advice how to navigate, or post, or anything would be much obliged as well, as I am new member to this site.

Battling this addiction on and off for years now.

I am asking how many to take bcs I have built up a tolerance and want to take more bcs asking the dr to up my dosage is out of the question.

Thanks very much.

The FDA allows 4 grams of APAP to be consumed per day (so 8 of the 7.5/500's). There isn't a limit on the hydrocodone except what your tolerance dictates.

If you use a cold water extraction to eliminate a lot of the APAP, you can take a lot more than 8 pills in a day safely (again, assuming you can physically handle the hydrocodone).

Loperamide in rather large doses can be VERY effective at alleviating withdrawal but it isn't a magic cure, it just replaces the opioid so you'll still have to taper that or w/d from it. I don't imagine ranitidine (zantac) helping a whole lot. That is just an antacid (h2 receptor antagonist antihistamine) that is used for acid reflux, ulcers, etc.

Last edited:
^Cane is absolutely totally SPOT ON. Very thorough and well written answer. :)

But, I'm just curious, you say it's been on and off, what dose have you been taking regularly recently? If you need a larger dose than 8 of those pills (60mg of hydrocodone) I suggest searching around on here and reading up on a CWE, cold water extraction, since too much apap will destroy your liver.

damn, yall are so smart! havent even heard of the cold water extraction, will def look into that.

right now i am taking 6-7 pills a day.

on an empty stomach they work, and I can feel the wonderful effects of the pills within the hour of taking it. usually my first dose of the day is the most intense, but subsides quicker than id like. oh yea, and i always take 2 at a time.

thanks for the advise!

BTW, I heard DXM is good for W/ds. I tried taking a ton of immodium and just got a horrible headache

I am a little confused about this CWE. I thought the codeine and apap were combined to react with each other, and was always under the impression that pure codeine would kill you. and also, if i am use to taking 6-7 pills a day, how many would i want to crush up? just 2 as the normal dose? and do a CWE 3 times a day?

I tried DXM when i went through my first w/ds along with 2 sleeping aids, 2 L-tryptophan, and some ibprofens. I was still awake and felt even worse. so fucking tired and i couldnt sleep.

I am a little confused about this CWE. I thought the codeine and apap were combined to react with each other, and was always under the impression that pure codeine would kill you. and also, if i am use to taking 6-7 pills a day, how many would i want to crush up? just 2 as the normal dose? and do a CWE 3 times a day?

Oh my, no pure codeine will not actually kill you! Plus, I thought you said you had hydrocodone + apap? Codeine is a different opiate that is currently combined with APA though. And, I've never done a CWE but plan to in the near future, but there's a ton of info on BL all about it. Just crush it up and follow the procedures, I would do the whole day's dose at once and then just divide up the liquid into doses. People with even more experience will chime in, thank you for your kind words.

I heard the max would be 12 10/325 mg's so yeah around what cane said

I have taken 30 10/325 hydros (yellow watsons) in a single day without any "apparent" effects from it, but under normal use circumstances around 20. The quick tolerance that builds with hydro coupled with enjoying the feeling they produce then compounded by a need to kill some serious pain is a recipie for eating 30 in a day.

I tried the CWE method and it just seemed to not produce the same effect a's eating them. Don't know what that's all about.

Honestly if I were you (coming from someone who has experienced hydro w/s's multiple times) take the remaining pills you have and cut your dose by a pill every two days or however you think you can break it down a's to lessen your w/d symptoms. But the w/d symptoms from taking 6-7 7.5's a day really shouldn't be too terrible. Hot showers are wonderful btw!

The effects on the liver accumulate. You won't feel the adverse effects now, but when you do, it's gonna be pretty advanced.

LoL, no bro, Codeine by itself will not kill you.......in fact, I have taken codeine pills w/o apap in them & they were awesome!

The effects on the liver accumulate. You won't feel the adverse effects now, but when you do, it's gonna be pretty advanced.

I used to take 30-35 10/500's a day, no liver damage here. I'm handcuffed to the done now tho. :(

I used to take 30-35 10/500's a day, no liver damage here. I'm handcuffed to the done now tho. :(

That's playing with fire. While you may be fine, it can still happen to other people. You never know when it will catch up with you because as somebody else said, it accumulates. So one day you may fine the next day you may all of a sudden feel real sick and find out you've got liver damage from taking so much acetaminophen. And that would suck because you've only got one liver (well you can get one from somebody else).

And for the other question, NO, pure codeine can't kill you LOL But I thought you were taking hydrocodone? That isn't the same as codeine.

I have type 1 diabetes and get my stats run every year through blood and urine. All good so far. I'm not saying that taking that much apap is smart or even remotely a good idea but that I take care of my beetus even though I like drugs too and have no ill effects from it.

The question in this thread was how many CAN you take in 24hours. I guess if you just had your script filled that would be 180 but ofcourse you'd probably be dead too. I remember when I first had 10mg hydros available to me and at work myself and another guy ate like 10-12 over the day and were fried. I sometimes hate the resiliancy of the human body and by proxy mother nature!