• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Are cops really crooked?

So what would everyone here do if they were a cop who had just made a bust? I know I'd be tempted to pocket a few... Yeh I reckon police are corrupt but faced with a few thousand pills who wouldn't be?

i wouldnt go as far as the generalisation that all cops are fuckwits. so be it, ive never encountered the police in any situation, good or bad. yet id still go straight to the police if a situation arose and id still trust them to do the right thing.
nor would i disagree with the fact that some police are involved in illegal activities. activities mentioned above, ie gangrape, well thats wrong in any account, police or not. but the same as police mightve done it, so could anyone... the fact is a policeman is only slightly different from any other man on the street with an average job. except theyve exchanged a lot of freedom to get the job, and one day, may have to put their lives on the line for people theyve never met. i know i could never be a police officer. i dont have the balls, nor the discipline.
say youve got a family, say both you and your partner are on average wages, youve got kids, and youre struggling a little. say the opportunity arises where you could make some extra money that may allow you to pay off the morgage, or keep the electricity running. you telling me that youre not going to take the chance? if i was struggling, and i busted a car full of drugs, and i figured i could take some for myself and make some money, then fuck it, i probably would, and chances are that you would too!

In the two experiances I've had with the police, (one on either side of the fence might I add) I've found them to be polite, decent people who are trying to do (a very hard) job.
It's everones loss of respect for the police that makes them turn to the corruption. That and the money. And sometimes the drugs...

Originally posted by melancholic:
but the same as police mightve done it, so could anyone... the fact is a policeman is only slightly different from any other man on the street with an average job. except theyve exchanged a lot of freedom to get the job, and one day, may have to put their lives on the line for people theyve never met. i know i could never be a police officer. i dont have the balls, nor the discipline.
I disagree. They are abusing a position of power, much like a paedophile teacher or priest.
This is the worst kind of abuse.

Originally posted by SteveElektro:
theyre abusing a position of power, much like a paedophile teacher or priest.
that is a totally incorrect generalisation. the police force and the law, while sometimes flawed, are an incredibly important part of the world - and without the laws we have today the world would revert to chaos, and war between political/religious/racial groups, ala mad max style.
i would agree that some police get the job because they intend to abuse the power, and maybe some police officers become corrupt over time, but corrupt police are still a minority. there are corrupt people everywhere. if you get on a reasonably full bus, youre staring at a smorgasboard of people, and for all you know every single one of them could be corrupt or participating in illegal activities that in involve abuse of power/authority. but if you look at a busload of police, i would think there'd be a much lower percentage of corruption.
if a police officer takes some drugs from a dealer for himself, as far as im concerned its a victimless crime - if nobody knows it cant hurt anyone.
oh, and on another note, dont you agree that everybody bends the rules of their profression/job to help out either themselves or friends? people at maccas give free food to their friends at the expense of the company. ill bet similar activities like this exist in virtually every profession where its possible to do so. its a very illegal activity to give out free food, its classified as stealing, and some people abuse the position so much that if caught theyd be facing a hefty fine/sentence (for instance every year at david jones 8 million bucks worth of stock disappears). do you think your friend is corrupt when he gives you a free cheeseburger? or at the cd store when you buy a cd, take it home and burn it, and then successfully return it claiming dislike? i think not. sure police are in a slightly different position to the maccas worker but theyre the same fucking people with the same human tendencies.
[ 19 September 2002: Message edited by: melancholic ]
[ 19 September 2002: Message edited by: melancholic ]

Originally posted by melancholic:
if a police officer takes some drugs from a dealer for himself, as far as im concerned its a victimless crime - if nobody knows it cant hurt anyone.
I disagree. The dealer will know. They are committing the very crime they are arresting people for. Apart from the apparent hypocrisy of enforcing laws they don't abide by, there needs to be some consistancy. Too much "do as I say, not as I do" going around, as if that excuses anything. It can also get very confusing.

To say all cops are crooked is wrong
I have friends who are in the Police force and even met them at parties while they were working. Cracked me up but that is a different story.
Most of them are hard working decent people and a % of them make the wrong choices.
As much as I dont want to be picked up at a party for E or G I still respect them for doing their job and trying to uphold the law. Even the parts of it I dont agree with. If I did get busted I would take it like a man and not blame the individual.

i actually know someone who got caught with weed baggied up into 2 grams each, which he had 6 of and one mdma pill at a rave.
after his interview which was recorded on tape, the cop turned off the tape and started to chat like a normal person, and started asking questions..
so how is the scene these days ? is acid still the go ?
my mate reckons he was shocked to hear this from someone in a uniform but responded with 'uhm, yeh the scene is very good, and not really acid around at the moment, just pills, why do you ask'
he replied with 'well i wasn't all ways a cop you know'
heh, cop a old skool raver.. wouldn't stop him from doing stuff every now and then would it..
but anyway, he got to court and judge asked 'what do you plead to having 30grams of cannabis sativa?'
he said not guilty, and then got his representation to stand in and said that he had alot less than that..
guess what, judge said ok, we will go over the evidence again (what ever they normally say) ..
in the end he didn't get a criminal record and only got fined $900 ..
thats it.. maybe the officer did this to help him out ????
cops are people to! .. corruption is everywhere

I have known a few police but only one really well enough to comment.
This person dedicated their life to the cops. Spent years on the beat, police search and rescue and even internal affairs. They made internal affairs as they were known for their good reputation and did so even though it trashed this reputation with the general police community.
I know for sure that on at least one occasion they found a crop while in the bush (not on duty) and..... burned the lot. Definetly not what i would have done but i have to give them credit, never even hesitated.
I understand that this is only one person from the police force and that this sort of dedication is probable rare, but after knowing this person i will never believe that all cops are crooked or arse holes. (Although i'm sure some are)
My 2 cents :)
[ 26 September 2002: Message edited by: Hobo.inc ]

has anyone read 'Filth' by Irvine Welsh?
a scottish book written from the p.o.v. of a corrupt (very corrupt) cop