• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

The National Cancer Institute Rules Pot has Medicinal Uses

Yea it does seem to be all over now and people are really getting use to the idea.

And isnt there actual scientific evidence that the drug war is a failure?

Its gonna be pretty hard to argue science.

People will believe just about anything they hear.

The whole thing that started the marijuana bullshit was when marijuana was putting wheat farmers out of business back in the olden days.

Back in the day, you were fined if you were a farmer and did not grow marijuana.

After this, marijuana became a "dangerous" plant... thanks to the government for filling our heads with bullshit and eliminating any ability to do actual research because of its illegality.

People argue hard scientific fact everyday. Some people believe that an invisible man who lives in the sky and watches what everyone does every second of every day is a better explanation than evolution.

after reading all the bullshit on the DEA website, it made my day!

People argue hard scientific fact everyday. Some people believe that an invisible man who lives in the sky and watches what everyone does every second of every day is a better explanation than evolution.

The the drug war against science,
Is different than religion against science

Religion is about having faith and trusting theres a god and even if people have a good scientific explanation against said religion, some people will still "trust" and have "faith."

The drug war is an actual stupid thing and if science proves its a failure, they should instantly stop right

The the drug war against science,
Is different than religion against science

Religion is about having faith and trusting theres a god and even if people have a good scientific explanation against said religion, some people will still "trust" and have "faith."

The drug war is an actual stupid thing and if science proves its a failure, they should instantly stop right

I agree, I was not trying to pit religion against the war on drugs, I was just stating that even though there is irrefutable scientific evidence that proves something some people will not accept it as fact due to their morality issues.

Good news for cancer patients, they deserve all the relief they can get, god bless em

In regards to the taxes the reason it puts people out of business is it is applied retroactively. They may not have the last couple years worth of deduction money laying around.

Very cool, we need to get some real info out there to keep the momentum.

This brought me to tears. I hate how medications becuase they are ABUSED are ruled OUT of helping people that honestly need them.
I can't believe we have to fight to get this on the market! Blows my mind!
Medicinal use of marijuana saved me when I was 70lbs! yes SEVENTY POUNDS.
I couldn't eat ever, the pain was unbearable and this medication saved me. If it wasn't for my friends illegally getting me some I would have died. My parents made my life a living hell when I was ill, I was NEVER prescribed any pain medications or medical marijuana EVEN THOUGH My doctors DEMANDED it.
They'd flush my meds it was hell.
I am so thankful to have a husband that is supportive and fights to get me the treatment I need. I finally am a normal weight and would even not mind losing a few pounds. I NEVER thought I'd see the day where I'd say that! lol!
I hope someday all of these medications can be more readily available to those that need it.
My opinnion is that it doesn't matter who abuses it whatever is out there will be abused no matter how many fences they try to put up. They're just hurting and KILLING people like me that NEED this in order to LIVE at ALL!
Thank you for sharing the news! It made my day! :)<3

I wonder if legalization would raise the price of cannabis. i imagine it would.. say if THC were put into a formula with another agent and patented

fuck yea! its time the scientists actually speak their minds, and not the minds of those funding their research

I am so excited about all of the progress medical cannabis has made recently. Everyone help out! I think most young people feel the same way all we do about this and it CAN make leaps in this process. Go out and support it!

The National Cancer Institute, one of the many federal agencies who make up the National Institute of Health, has ruled that marijuana does in fact have medical benefits, making it the first federal agency to do so.

The NCI has issued a statement that in clinical trials, cancer patients successfully treated nausea and vomiting, sleeplessness, pain, and loss of appetite using marijuana. It stated that cannabis was being investigated as having not only a palliative effect on symptoms, but also a possible "direct antitumor effect".

The IRS has been citing § 280E of the federal tax code as a means of disallowing years of business deductions for marijuana dispensaries, which, if allowed, would effectively put many of them out of business. § 280E states that no business deductions will be allowed for businesses "trafficking in controlled substances".

From the Washington Independent:

The new NCI assessment could have an impact on the classification of marijuana as a Schedule I drug, the harshest possible drug classification, which has resulted in a prison population in which 1 in 8 prisoners in the U.S. is locked up for a marijuana-related offense. One of the principal criteria for a Schedule I determination is that there be “no currently accepted medical use in treatment in the United States.” The U.S. Justice Department may have a hard time maintaining that claim if challenged, considering a federal agency now recognizes marijuana’s medical use in cancer treatment.

article.

--------------------------------------------------

This may or may not lead to a law suit against the Schedule I classification of pot...we'll see.

the feds actually hold a PATENT on some cannabis based med for nausea... a synthetic cannabinoid as I recall...

this is of course why the drug companies don't want marijuana legal...

as a plant it can't be patented...

there's no BIG MONEY to be made on the cannabis inhaler thing being tried in Canada for example... only reasonable profit on growing the plants, processing, and making/selling the inhalers... which any licensed pharmaceutical company could do...

now if they synthesize a non-natural isomer of a naturally occurring cannabinoid they could patent that and keep that market to themselves for what? 25 years?

Now we just need to get rid of all those dispenserys that are just in it for the money. Not the patients. Which is sadly almost all of them

I have no problem with them making a reasonable profit... they work providing a product for a market.

like operating an amsterdam coffee shop.

I'd like to see 2 levels myself.

1) dispensary/pharmacies - for medical prescription use... tax free

2) coffeeshops - recreational, non-prescription use - taxed at a reasonable rate... I've always thought 1$/gram worked out well... it'd bring in tons of cash for the government and it isn't so high that people would go to great lengths to avoid it.

if you set the tax at like 5$/gram that's almost 300$/ounce and people would go to some length to not pay the tax... they'd grow their own for example (and nothing wrong with growing your own)... but while you CAN grow your own tobacco at home, dry/cure it, and make your own cigarettes (even filter) even at 5$/pack it's cheap enough you don't go to that trouble and the government gets to collect the taxes.

This medical marijuana movement seems to be happening rather quickly yea?

Since i have been keeping up on "drugs in the media" i continue to see nothing but positive articles on marijuana.

well if you're not willing to LIE there is very little negative to say about cannabis.

the Nixon/US-Army study found that troops who smoked pot tended to gain weight... they "discovered" the munchies

another government study noted that WHEN SMOKED the users had a tendency toward bronchitis (this is of course "cured" with vaporizers, water-pipes, filters (and btw... if you use like half a regular cig filter you still get just as high... the THC is a VAPOR at this point and travels right on through the filter which only traps particulate matter) etc.

they tend to want to bend this though and note that unfiltered joints deliver more particulate matter than filtered cigs... skipping that NOBODY smokes 1/2oz of sensi a day (that's a pack of cigs)

or just eat it... a better route for many problems anyway.

DEA Administrative Judge Young noted that marijuana is the safest therapeutically active substance known to man.

there have been -0- marijuana ODs in all of human history.

the feds actually hold a PATENT on some cannabis based med for nausea... a synthetic cannabinoid as I recall...

^The feds own the patent for use of the plant as preventative medicine for alzheimers and one other big one.. they know it works

And can we merge the follow up article I posted with this thread please? People are missing that

THE STATEMENTS ABOUT HELPING REDUCE CANCEROUS TUMORS WERE FORCED TO BE RETRACTED AND ARE NO LONGER ON THE SITE!

phoenixtears.com , check it out