• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants scary blood pressure and amphetamines

wooger

Bluelighter
so last night I was rather foolish. I want to give up drugs as they are no good for me anymore (I'm not sure they ever were!) and over the course of the evning I ingested around 1gram fo amphetamine. My friend who got it for me said the girl who weighed it out was fucked up and put quite a bit more on...

anyway - the evening comes and im apprehensive about taking drugs cus of a bad experience in the past (please dont call me stupid for doing them again) and I take around 3mg of clonazepam and procedd to consume the amphetamine throughout the night.

When I got home my blood pressure was like 180/105 or around there and right now (prolly around 7 hours after my last dose (a tiny tiny lick, not really a dose) but I feel totally sober my bp is still around 150/95.

when peopel say stimulants raise their blood pressure/heart rate etc do they usually experience these drastic increases (my bp is usually under 120/80)?

I guess what I'm getting at is +60 points on the systolic normal when taking stimulants? OR is my body really struggling to cope with the substances??

thanks in advance. Oh also, I have some beta blockers (propanolol which I was prescribed for panic attacks) would it be safe tot ake one so soon after taking amphetamine to try and bring my BP back into normal range?

thanks in advance!!

anyway

A gram or more of good amphetamine is a very high dose for someone who doesn't take them regularly.

Also, worrying about your blood pressure while on stimulants is a guaranteed way of raising your blood pressure; you really take your BP when your high?

Hey, I used to get pretty high BP from addy use, I found the secret to not getting it tho. Take a beta blocker (propanolol) with your amphetamine dose, all physical effects of amphetamines (higher BP, anxiousness, etc will disappear. <snip>

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for the replies :) I was considering taking a beta blocker before if/when I use amphetamines again but I *think* I remember hearing this could be dangerous?!

It would be very helpful if someone could let me know the facts on this.

Thank you :).

well um...considering that a gram is a crap-load of amphetamine...id say stop there. i take 20mg/day. you take 500 times that? that's too much. don't cover up that kind of abuse by using you medication you wouldnt need otherwise. im on a benzo for anxiety but i wouldnt recommend it because of its addiction potential. just dont take any BP meds and lower your amphet dose. no judgments...just a bad idea

thanks for the replies :) I was considering taking a beta blocker before if/when I use amphetamines again but I *think* I remember hearing this could be dangerous?!
I'm not 100% sure but I think beta-blockers are dangerous only with cocaine, not with amps.

oh its street amphetamine I was using, so I very much doubt its 100% pure - sorry for any confusion on that.... but yes maybe a gram or more of this was still overdoing it..
I found this so I guess I am apprehensive about combining them...

Last edited:
I have been using inderal (propanolol) with varying dosages of adderall and vyvanse and have never had any adverse rxns. If you want you could test out a smaller dosage of amphetamine with propanolol to make sure u don't have any adverse rxns first. Honestly tho, the beta blocker is great, it removes all those uncomfortable physical effects like nervousness etc perfectly, and it makes it much easier to sleep after a dosage

This is coming from someone with lots of partying experience, YES amps raise your blood pressure, but SEX and THINKING such as (anxiety over it) can raise it a lot longer and a lot higher.

With amps, watch for any kind of arrhythmia accompanied by the high BP. If this occurs, and your pupils stay dilated, I would tone it down or seek help from the nearest benzo and bottle of water.

Next time, just have ur benzos on hand like u did but not Clonazepam, takes to long. The BEST is Xanax for this or maybe valium. but you basically want the fastest acting benzo possible. Then just rest, have a beer and breathe.

Good luck Brother.

Last edited:
also, just the fact you knew your blood pressure off hand shows how much u were thinking about it. no worries bro just be safe :]

Beta blockers are a bad idea with all stimulants, not just cocaine. I made the mistake of combining propranolol and 4-mar once and my BP shot up to 170/135, it's usually never that high even when drinking and smoking meth. The explanation my doctor gave was fairly complex and mostly went over my head, but the basic gist of it was that combining beta blockers with any drug that releases significant quantities of noradrenaline is a bad idea.

I have had that type of tachycardia before on IV meth.

It's not a deterrent to me.

Please don't follow in my footsteps.

Unfortunately it's the nature of the beast with amphetamine. A gram is an awful lot of weight regarding phet, but you can never tell how much of it is actually amphetamine when buying Street meat. It's cut with all sorts or has tainted/poor chemicals from the production process. It's certainly not uncommon for it to be laced or substitued with cheaper stimulants such as ephedrine.
SWIM always uses amphetamine with doses of aspirin. This thins the blood and takes a bit of work off the heart. When swim has taken too much speed or wants a better time he uses generous doses of strong pharmaceutical made opiates such as morphine sulphate, ceiling doses of codeine phosphate (around 600mg) or dihydrocodeine. These all reduce blood pressure and have a calming effect on the body while rushing. Avoid using synthetic Opioid! Such as tramadol, fentanyl, hydrocodone, oxymorphone etc. Far far higher risk of bad interactions and can give the heart a lot more work. Keep it natural. *Yes I know DHC is semi synthetic Opioid but this is an exception.
SWIM doesn't find it a bad idea to ingest some valium or bromazepam either. Again pharmacy sweets only.
Stay safe people.