• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

what are the top benzo's In strength?

lordreven333

Bluelighter
I have tried a few different benzo's Alprazolam,Clonazepam ,Diazepam,Lorazepam. what are some other benzo's that are really good for anxiety or are the most potent few. I know and will keep in mind that all drugs work differently depending on many factors but I could really use an answer to this question.

Here for example Lorazepam seems to work better for me although clonazepam is stronger more potent.

On a mg to mg basis, brotizolam and triazolam are the most potent benzos used by humans. Evidence is actually leaning towards brotizolam as being the most potent mg to mg basis, as it has anti-anxiety activity at 80-100 micrograms. It's hypnotic activity is at 0.125 - 0.25 mg, with 0.5 mg being the absolute maximum dosage. Similarly, triazolam is active at doses as low as 0.125 mg, with strong hypnotic activity at 0.25 mg, and as with brotizolam, 0.5 mg is the absolute max dosage.

But those are both hypnotics and you are looking for anxiolytics, correct? Well if so, alprazolam, clonazepam, lorazepam and etizolam are the most potent on a mg to mg basis. Etizolam is not commercially available in either Canada or the United States, which is unfortunate because it is a great benzodiazepine.

Potency means nothing. Just because one drug is more potent than another it does not make it 'better' - not therapeutically or recreationally. Example: clonazepam and alprazolam are more potent than flunitrazepam, diazepam, temazepam, and nimetazepam - yet these 4 drugs are the most popular benzos recreationally worldwide. Also, they have better therapeutic activity in a lot of areas (besides anxiolysis).

Potency means nothing. Just because one drug is more potent than another it does not make it 'better' - not therapeutically or recreationally. Example: clonazepam and alprazolam are more potent than flunitrazepam, diazepam, temazepam, and nimetazepam - yet these 4 drugs are the most popular benzos recreationally worldwide. Also, they have better therapeutic activity in a lot of areas (besides anxiolysis).

Couldn't agree more. Benzos are a very fickle class of drugs, and one may work very well, medically or recreationally, for one person, and then the next person won't feel anything or get any anxiety relief.

The bottom line is you have to figure out which benzo works best for you. :)

Usually it is temazepam is found to be most euphoric or most recreational. Even FDA clinical trials found it was the only benzo to provide "euphoria" as a side effect. But this was only among benzos that are commercially available in the United States.

Well, the strongest benzos I've ever tried are Alprazolam and Temazepam. There's probably stronger out there tho.

I took temazepam the other day got no euphoria I can understand that but I also crashed not to hard but still wasn't pleasant.

Personally, I always found diazepam to be the most effective. It's been used forever, tried and proven. I think perhaps that knowledge alone helps because I'm not as anxious about the effects of the drug.

That said, my psychiatrist put me on venlafaxine about 5 months ago, and I haven't lost a minute of sleep due to anxiety since. I'm only on 150mg per day which is barely anything, and it works absolute wonders. Of course I still have a valium scrip too, just in case. heh.

weird thing is ive had valiums, xanax, klonopins and ativan, i have mixed them all with alcohol before, not smart i know, but when i mix ativan with some libations, i go bananas , out of control, not good, batshit crazy

xanax, valiums and k~pins and some drinks, im all chill and pretty much just relaxed,

i had a nice buzz on and on a bunch of sticks, we get pulled over, the cop knew my friend who was driving was loaded, but asked me if i could drive, i was like yes sir not a problem,
i dont know xanax turns me into a relaxed normal human being,

if i was sober, the cop would of had me out of the car and searched my butthole

sorry for getting off track
i just wanted to say ativan and booze turns me into a nut why i dont know

weird thing is ive had valiums, xanax, klonopins and ativan, i have mixed them all with alcohol before, not smart i know, but when i mix ativan with some libations, i go bananas , out of control, not good, batshit crazy

xanax, valiums and k~pins and some drinks, im all chill and pretty much just relaxed,

i had a nice buzz on and on a bunch of sticks, we get pulled over, the cop knew my friend who was driving was loaded, but asked me if i could drive, i was like yes sir not a problem,
i dont know xanax turns me into a relaxed normal human being,

if i was sober, the cop would of had me out of the car and searched my butthole

sorry for getting off track
i just wanted to say ativan and booze turns me into a nut why i dont know

no homo

from personal experience

most effective anxiolytic benzos

1)alprazolam
2)diazepam
3)prazepam
4)oxazepam
5)clorazepate
6)clonazepam
7)lorazepam
8)tetrazepam

most powerfull hypnotics

1)phenazepam
2)midazolam
3)loprazolam
4)lormetazepam
5)temazepam
6)nitrazepam

i tried Triazolam ..upjohns we call em as thats who make them.personally they were very potent for recreatoinal use..i only had 4 10mg but i had a qrtr of a litire of vodka and i was spangled..Temazepam when they were in capsule for with liquid inside were very good too but theyve banned the caps as peeps were injecting em with heroin and losing there legs etc but Triazolam were the best for me by far

I've noticed that both clonazepam and lorazepam are extremely effective anxiolytics, but your mileage may (and probably will) vary.

from personal experience

most effective anxiolytic benzos

1)alprazolam
2)diazepam
3)prazepam
4)oxazepam
5)clorazepate
6)clonazepam
7)lorazepam
8)tetrazepam

most powerfull hypnotics

1)phenazepam
2)midazolam
3)loprazolam
4)lormetazepam
5)temazepam
6)nitrazepam

Lorazepam is more than an effective anxiolytic, I believe it's superior to diazepam in that regard, but roughly equal to alprazolam and clonazepam. It doesn't do well in the recreational department, but it is a powerful anticonvulsant, powerful anxiolytic, powerful muscle relaxant, moderate sedative action, and it's one of the most powerful amnesic benzos out there (on par with midazolam, triazolam). Lorazepam is a potent benzo and it's a therapeutic powerhouse, despite the fact it is not all that recreational.

Oxazepam, as studies have shown, is the least sedative and least toxic of the common benzodiazepines in practice. It has moderate effects all across the board - anxiolytic, amnesic, sedative (very weak), and anticonvulsant. So I'm shocked at the fact that phatass ranks it so highly. The same goes with prazepam, which we have here in the US as 'Centrax'. It is a moderate anxiolytic, better than oxazepam, but definitely not better than lorazepam or clonazepam. Neither is clorazepate.

Phenazepam is not even an hypnotic, it is mostly used as an anxiolytic and anticonvulsant. It's a great anxiolytic, but I wouldn't rank it above true hypnotics.

But that's your own personal experience and everyone is different.

I have tried a few different benzo's Alprazolam,Clonazepam ,Diazepam,Lorazepam. what are some other benzo's that are really good for anxiety or are the most potent few. I know and will keep in mind that all drugs work differently depending on many factors but I could really use an answer to this question.

Here for example Lorazepam seems to work better for me although clonazepam is stronger more potent.
Depends what you mean by "strength"... if you mean just the milligram amount per standard dose, this is easy to determine. If you mean how the effects subjectively feel, that complicates the issue and it becomes a matter of opinion, more or less.

i tried Triazolam ..upjohns we call em as thats who make them.personally they were very potent for recreatoinal use..i only had 4 10mg but i had a qrtr of a litire of vodka and i was spangled..Temazepam when they were in capsule for with liquid inside were very good too but theyve banned the caps as peeps were injecting em with heroin and losing there legs etc but Triazolam were the best for me by far

You had 4 "10 mg" triazolam's? Triazolam does not come in 10 mg form. It comes in 0.125-0.5 mg pills. I think what you had were 10 mg temazepam's, not triazolam's.

Depends what you mean by "strength"... if you mean just the milligram amount per standard dose, this is easy to determine. If you mean how the effects subjectively feel, that complicates the issue and it becomes a matter of opinion, more or less.

No the effects each benzo creates is based on what receptor they bind to and how strong the affinity is. It's not a matter of opinion, although I see what you mean and can understand how it can easily be subjective.

Refer to this thread for more info.

Sorry for bringing up an older thread, just wanted to state my thought of the strongest benzos that I've tried.

1. Clonazepam
2. Alprazolam
3. Temazepam
4. Lorazepam
5. Diazepam

Temazepam is only so strong because it's just made for insomnia...just knocks your ass out. Don't find it euphoric at all. But I do like the good sleep it gives me.

I can attest to the euphoria of temazepam from personal experience as it is the only benzo I've taken that has given me significant euphoria. Lorazepam has also on rare occasion. As far as anxiolityc effect, for me it's

1. Lorazepam
2. Alprazolam
3. Temazepam
4. Clonazepam
5. Diazepam

Most powerful I've tried is Flunitrazepam (Rohypnol) and Midazolam (Versed), potency-wise it would be Triazolam (Halcion) / Clonazepam (Klonopin, Rivotril) / Alprazolam (Xanax). :)

--» Peace o/

Ok, lets make this more interesting.

Alprazolam - Most Euphoric high
Lorazepam - Most Relaxing high
Temazepam - Most sedating high with no euphoria
Diazepam - Most comfortable high
Clonazepam - Most complete high (has a bit of everything, muscle relaxing, sedation, very relaxing, non-zombie/drooling)

But my favorite is Ativan (Lorazepam) I love relaxing highs on downers.