• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Cocaine not producing euphoria?

WorldWarMe

Bluelight Crew
I've done cocaine about 20 times in total. From what I've read and heard it's supposed to produce intense euphoria. When I do it with all my friends they always end up high as hell and I never do for some reason, even the first time I did it I didn't feel very euphoric.

If I were to compare the feeling I get from cocaine it would be a low methylphenidate dose, sometimes even less. I don't understand why I never feel that intense euphoria people talk about.

I have one theory as to why I possibly don't get the desired effects. I've always been slightly paranoid when it comes to stimulant use as I'm always afraid of overdosing. When I pick up a half gram I usually bust out a small line and rail it to test the effects/potency of the batch. From then on I usually just take small lines every 10-15 minutes. Is it possible that I'm just not taking enough to feel the effects? I know it's good coke as all my friends get high as hell but then again they do take more then I do. I'm going to be picking up a half gram tomorrow and try taking more then I usually do.

What do you guys think? Should I be taking more then I am to feel the desired effects or is coke really just not that euphoric? I used to do MDMA quite a bit and the euphoria from that just knocks me on my ass and is unbelievable. Maybe I'm just expecting too much?

Thanks in advanced for the reply's.

For one, there's a lot of shit quality, heavily cut coke making the rounds these days. For another, "intense euphoria" is in the eye of the be-phor-er (sorry for coining the word =D)... some peeps just don't find coke to be "all that".

For one, there's a lot of shit quality, heavily cut coke making the rounds these days. For another, "intense euphoria" is in the eye of the be-phor-er (sorry for coining the word =D).

I know that a lot of coke is cut. I'm not saying mine is pure because it obviously is far from that. I just don't understand why I'm not getting the euphoria that my friends are.

If you guys were to compare the euphoria you get from cocaine to another drug what would it be (so I can get an understanding of what I should be feeling)? Is the euphoria anywhere close to MDMA's?

It's a different sort of euphoria, IME, more dopamine focused. Drugs that are primarily dopaminergic are often something of an acquired taste... serotonin-based euphoria (e.g. MDMA, methylone) is more "in yer face" in a sense, immediate-luv, entactogenic, etc.

It's a different sort of euphoria, IME, more dopamine focused. Drugs that are primarily dopaminergic are often something of an acquired taste... serotonin-based euphoria (e.g. MDMA, methylone) is more "in yer face" in a sense, immediate-luv, entactogenic, etc.

Yeah, I've always found MDMA to be the most euphoric and amazing feeling I've ever experienced. But, don't get me wrong, I do enjoy the slight amount of euphoria I get from coke, but I'm just wondering if I should be taking more to get the desired effect.

Best I can do is describe dopaminergic euphoria as (to me) darker, tweakier, more animalistic and sexual of a feeling, as compared to the spring-and-sunshine-love sense you can get from serotonergics. That said, cocaine does affect serotonin somewhat. Could be you're just looking for it to be more like MDMA, I dunno... only you can really answer that.

if u space it out like that ur just guna b a little hi for a while
u gotta get more n do more brother than a half g if u wana do that
thats wats up