• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Tramadol vs. OxyContin

runduderun

Bluelighter
Hello bluelighters!

I have little experience with opiates, so i guess you can help me out here.

How different is Tramadol from OxyContin? Does it feels different?

Also, is there any dose strength comparison between the two?

Thanks!

Welcome to Bluelight. This isn't OD material, so I am sending it over to basic drug discussion. Thank you, goodnight.

Oxycotin (a brand name) contains oxycodone which is about 20 times stronger than tramadol. In addition to acting on the mu opioid receptor like oxycodone, tramadol also is also an SNRI and has other more complex mechanisms of action as well. Tramadol's abuse potential lower than other opioids due both to it's relatively weakness and in that it high doses it can lower the seizure threshold. That being said it's more complex action makes it quite useful in cases where more standard opiates do not work such as nerve damage or being used to treat pain while on opiate maintenance.

This type of simple comparison question belongs in BDD but in all honesty could be answered by reading a few lines of wikipedia. I'll send it over there though and see if the BDD mods are willing to let anyone else take a stab at how they feel as I've never taken Tramadol before and can't comment on it's subjective effects.

OD >>> BDD

/me waves at BdP

@BrokedownPalace

I'm sorry, i didnt knew that :)

@amapola

Thanks for the info. And sure, it would be nice to know if it Oxy feels different than Tramadol or Codeine, as so far i only tried Oxy.

Last edited:
^Then why don't you answer the OP's question about the differing effects of tramadol that I couldn't? :)

if i had to compare it to anything it would be to vikes although not as much of a opiate high more energetic

^Then why don't you answer the OP's question about the differing effects of tramadol that I couldn't? :)
Guess I will :p... IME, Tramadol has a kind of SSRI antidepressant or serotonin-y feel to it, in addition to the opiate effects, which are there but sort of weak/muted in comparison to oxycontin (which has no serotonin-boosted feel, but a very pronounced opiate feel).

As "boosted serotonin" by itself can feel euphoric, tramadol can be a very pleasant buzz, but doesn't feel like a full-on opiate IMO.

From Wikipedia: "Tramadol possesses weak agonist actions at the μ-opioid receptor, releases serotonin, and inhibits the reuptake of norepinephrine." (in contrast, oxycodone is a straight up opioid analgesic).

I've never had the prevliged of taking oxy's but tramadol to me are shit, from what i've heard oxy's are way better

I've never had the prevliged of taking oxy's but tramadol to me are shit, from what i've heard oxy's are way better
Trammies definitely have more 'character', with the serotonin releasing and norepinephrine reuptake blocking IMO. Yes, to a full-on opiate fan they tend to be seen as shit, but I quite like the buzz myself (not that I could do 'em safely anymore, being on Effexor XR).

P.S. if you've ever popped a percocet or percodan, you have a general idea of what oxycontin feels like.

Oxy's (At least the old ones) make you feel euphoric and high. I have never gotten that feeling from tramadol no matter how much I take. IMO and I'm sure many other people on here would agree with me tramadol doesn't even give a better high than codeine. It's a joke. Theres no comparing oc to tramadol

Trammies definitely have more 'character', with the serotonin releasing and norepinephrine reuptake blocking IMO. Yes, to a full-on opiate fan they tend to be seen as shit, but I quite like the buzz myself (not that I could do 'em safely anymore, being on Effexor XR).

P.S. if you've ever popped a percocet or percodan, you have a general idea of what oxycontin feels like.

I've never had those as it's hard to get prescribed decent pain meds here, the only opiates i've done are DHC which gave me a mild buzz, codeine which did nothing and tramadol 8 at a time and no high or euphoria. I've heard tramadol doesn't get everyone high

Okay...sorry. I had to go sleepy-bye and I didn't post a sufficient answer.

Tramadol is one of my favorite drugs of all time. It has a very speedy edge to it and can keep me up for days at a time. When you learn to dose it right, it starts having a very strong opiated feeling 4-6 hours in if you're patient. Then you can nod or like 12 hours straight (no fucking lie), hallucinating and seeing crazy shit behind your eyes, travelling to far away opioid lands. Then you come back from the nod and dose more, and just keep the ball rolling for like 3-4 days like that, until you pass out from exhaustion. I used to take it before work...it's the perfect work drug. Well, there are 3 perfect work drugs if you ask me - tramadol, pregabalin, and Fioricet (not just butalbital; the Fioricet compound is what I'm talking about). Anyhow, the effect that you get is derectly dependent on dose (go figure), but it does work differently tan any other painkiller out there. It is the best anti-depressant I've ever been on. Other SSRIs & SNRIs make me suicidally depressed, so I can't take them, but tramadol doesn't have that effect on me. Tolerance builds but it took alot longer than any other painkiller. Before I knew it I was taking 25-ish trams a day, and that was just to maintain. However, it always worked and made me feel good. It can be a little unpredictable, in the way that one day I might be back and forth between euphorically ecstatic and empathetic to euphorically irritable and asshole-ish many times. Weird shit, but I love it.

OxyContin is my opioid/opiate of choice, above all other true drugs of that kind. For me, it's better than heroin. In fact, way fuckin' better. But once again, that's just me. I don't even care much for morphine/diacetylmorphine. It's very energizing at sub-nod doses, and it's the best "oooohhhhh yeeeeeaaaahhhh" feeling painkiller out there for me. I love working my ass off or whatever on high doses where I can't sit down for 3 seconds without nodding like a king. Gotta be up and moving. But the nods are beautiful, I've travelled over gorgeous fields of pink and purple flowers more times than I can count - but usually they don't even make sense but it's awesome shit either way. Well, gotta go. Time for work.

^yes, ive noticed that some people who try tramadol love it, and the rest claim not to feel anything, so it must be a hit or miss type of thing. luckily they get me really high. =)

tramadol causes more of a mood lift then an actual high....oxy is a strong agonist that most users sniff that causes a strong rush and a speedy yet sedative high....oxy is 100x better then tramadol but i like the happiness that comes with daily tramadol use

^yes, ive noticed that some people who try tramadol love it, and the rest claim not to feel anything, so it must be a hit or miss type of thing. luckily they get me really high. =)

Same im also a hit :D

Its just a general uplifting feeling that i just dont get with oxy.

Obviously the painkilling effects are more present with oxy.

^I'd hardly call snorting oxy a "strong rush". Snorting oxy makes it kick in pretty quickly, like 10-15 minutes. But in regards to efficacy, taking oxycodone orally is more efficient. The slower onset though makes many users think it isn't as strong.

Even IVing oxycodone doesn't produce much of a rush. Nothing like shooting heroin/morphine/dilaudid.