• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

European OTC Meds: MEGATHREAD

Me niether, craving some real opiates bad today :/, somethings better than nothing though

OTC, Alicante Town (not tourist-area), a few days ago:

Astefor
ibuprofen 400 / codeine 30
30 comprimidos (spanish spanish for tabletas)
aprx. 4 eur

Termaldina Codeina
paracetamol 300 / codeina 15
20 capsulas
aprx 2,2 eur

Prometazin, no
diphenhydramine, yes (kills codeine morh ezym-process)
Doxylamine, yes

Methocarbamol con paracetomol, yes
Methocarbamol sin -", no

Tramadol, no

DXP, destropropifen. Discontinued.

Stilnoct, zoldipem et.c. NO, the farmacist recomended Lorazepam instead, for sleep
with codein. Ask doctor for prescription. She also recomended bromazepam, good with codein.

Pure codein, no.

Open question, isnt ibuprofene x codein + paracetamol x codeine, when sold together almost same
thing as double strengh codeine becaus ibu and paracetamol are metabolised differently
by the body?

When I had pain, dr:s often recomended ibu + parametamol, but never voltaren + ibu, or asparine + ibu. (high doses
hurt stomach)

I never read from recreational users that use this walk-around to double efffective dose codeine, when no coldwater
filtration or pure codeine. Is it dangerous, have I missed any important health risk?

When doctors or pharmacists refuse pure codeine I always ask for the ibu-variant also. Tell, I think it gives better effect on pain. Dangerous? No.. (I have never ever been warned or refused).

Even the must stubborn doctors never refuse double dosage codeine as long as it mixed with something ok to mix
with paracetamol. Maybe walk-around both for me and for the dr:s + pharmacist, fools gov. regislations

Last edited:
In france they still sell both 15.5mg pure codeine pills and 10mg codeine + 10mg ethylmorphine pills otc for €2.50 a box, 20 pills in the 15.5mg boxes each and 10 pills in the c + e boxes each iirc, otc and loads of pharmacies :D

Soma discontinued since long time, Farmacist (not caschier) told me in Alicante / Valencia yesterday.

Also DXP, Doloxene, dexofene discontinued. Very recently, some Farmacias migh have some boxes left, the farmacist told.

My experience: DXP was pharmacist-discretion prescribed / OTC when I last time lived in Spain, 2010.

They seem to have maintained the
supply of this drug much much longer than most western countries. The semi-OTC capsules was 65 mg and "liberation prolongada", a
mystery to me because half-life of the substance are very long long without "prolongada". Also, most other countries only had
50 or 100 mg, never "prolongada" and never 65 mg (it is not equivalent to 15, 30, 60 mg codeine)

right, as far as i know theres no codeine containing pills in the whole of ~Ireland, if im wrong let me know, i feel an xmas cwe on the cards

right, as far as i know theres no codeine containing pills in the whole of ~Ireland, if im wrong let me know, i feel an xmas cwe on the cards

co-codamol, paramol.. all fairly low doses otc but its still codeine and if you had enough you could make yourself a nice extraction

Ballkans, non EU-countries, Bromazepam, Diazepam 10,20,30 tabs usually semi-OTC and very cheap. No codeine. Georgia, same.

Warsaw, Poland 2011:
Efferalgan 500/30 (para/cod)
10 solvable tabs i an a tube
- Semi-OTC, cashier (undnown education, maybe it was a pharmacist)

First: "no codeine"
Second: "for what purpose?"
I: showed old used foreign opiate-prescriptions + dr:s letter "pain"
Result: 500/30 OTC "ok for this time" "in poland only with prescription"
Amount: I only bought 10 tabs, but he offered a handfull of tubes.

Note: Because of double diagnosis I am legally prescribed stuff like oxycodone, temgesic, benzos, sometimes also stimulants.

But when travelling permanent, access to medicines usually are very volatile, unpredictable. Almost permanently I face pseudo-legal risks, worry about corrupt police, overreacting custums and / or blackmailing organised crime.

Paradoxaly this is not a problem in the zero-tolarance western countries, only asian and hispanic drug-liberal countries. My own homecountry, the customs have explained something like this:
"we try to avoid check legal users"
"it is illegal to prosecute legal users even if they do not have prescription all the time"
"Geneva convention"
"human rights"

Without a fixed permanent adress, no insurance cover, most of the time I have to accept what is cheap and aviable, in that perspective my interests meets thoose of recreational users.

As a user I am as recreational as everyone else, prescribing doctors even often tell me legitimate users do not have be ashame for wanting to feel good. As long as not driving car,
hurt children, misconduct on work et.c. it is ok to use painmeds recreationally.

Only difference no prosecutor would ever prosecute a legitimate medical enduser, at least not in modern western countries. (my conlusion)

Other drug: Primidone, prodrug for phenobarbital.. are often accesible in countries where pharmacists got some sort of limited presription-rights. Tell epilepsi. Same goes for Salbutamol, Terbutaline -potent stimulants, just tell "astma".

Salbutamol + terbutaline are like short / medium- half-life clenbuterol. Phenobarbital become very very potent when potentiating
with other CNS-depressants, though beware of the extremely long half-life

These drugs are not scheduled and the authorities try keep the aviability up because of the life-threating consecvenses facing
astmatics and epileptics in case denied proper meds. So.. here it is important to act responsible, I try not
to play the astma/ epilepsy -card to often in respect for the real users.

Last edited:
Parammol is prescription only Wtf?!?!?!?

Paracetamol? Not yet, but maybe will become,, look here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acetaminophen

"Paracetamol also modulates the endogenous cannabinoid system.[61] Paracetamol is metabolized to AM404, a compound with several actions; what is most important is that it inhibits the reuptake of the endogenous cannabinoid/vanilloid anandamide by neurons. Anandamide reuptake would result in lower synaptic levels and less activation of the main pain receptor (nociceptor) of the body, the TRPV1 (older name: vanilloid receptor). By inhibiting anandamide reuptake, levels in the synapse remain high and are able to desensitize the TRPV1 receptor much like capsaicin. Furthermore, AM404 inhibits sodium channels, as do the anesthetics lidocaine and procaine.[62] Either of these actions by themselves has been shown to reduce pain, and are a possible mechanism for paracetamol. However, it has been demonstrated that, after blocking cannabinoid receptors with synthetic antagonists, paracetamol's analgesic effects are prevented, suggesting its pain-relieving action involves the endogenous cannabinoid system.[63] Spinal TRPA1 receptors have also been demonstrated to mediate antinociceptive effects of paracetamol and Δ9-tetrahydrocannabiorcol in mice.[64]"

For what I know, this info about cannabinoid, anandamine are new. Did not exist when I investigated a few years ago.

In Ireland you have to ask for coco as they are hidden from view also you have to talk to pharmacist who may grill you, so have a good back story ready. Also it seems many places do not have cheap coco like in uk. And yeah paramol is prescription!

Next Xmas I'm bringing over some paramol for Xmas day! I go to Ireland every years and normally have other opiates, not this year. Was a kick in the teeth :-D

Wrong. Theres Nurofen plus which is ibuprofen + 12.5mg codeine phosphate. Some brands of solpadeine have codeine. Its all a complete ripoff compared to co-codamol in the UK. Also they interrogate you about what you need it for and often refuse to sell anything with codeine in it.

Thanks for the bump... certainly a few threads made recently that could have been at home here.

Whats available at the moment in spain?

Are somas and codeine still otc?

Whats available at the moment in spain?

Are somas and codeine still otc?

Somas are banned in UN so no and about codeine? Well I don't. Why don't you just hop over to France and buy some plain dank codeine? Or maybe try to convince your GP that you're dying in pain and can't sleep at night 'cause you're coughing so bad? :D

I quite like Kwells travel sickness tablets (hyoscine hydrobromide - AKA scopolamine). Freely available OTC at your local chemists. 6 - 8 tablets washed down with a few spliffs sorts me out a treat...

I got a temp ban the last time I discussed this but the best OTC shit at the moment for me are poppy pods. Cannot beat that morphine dunt. Withdrawals will make you wish you were dead though.

I got a temp ban the last time I discussed this but the best OTC shit at the moment for me are poppy pods. Cannot beat that morphine dunt. Withdrawals will make you wish you were dead though.

Are you suggesting that potent poppy pods can be bought OTC in the UK? A simple yes or no will suffice - I'm not requesting specifics.

Hi there, in portugal atm and wanted to see if any of you know how to get tram/codeine/benzos otc without much awkwardness. Thanks