Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(Buprenorphine)+(DXM/200 mg) - First Time Combo - Almost died

relaxed

Greenlighter
Hey all. I believe this is my first post, and it's 6am and I've been up all night

doing homework, but I need a break and this information needs to be out

there. First off, I'm 152 pounds, 5'10, 18 years old. Been involved in athletics

my entire life, high metabolism. Prior to this experience I had very little

subutex tolerance, and absolutely no DXM tolerance as I had not robotripped

in over 4 months. One wednesday night I decided to have a small robotrip at

home. I took 200mg of DXM at about 11PM, and enjoyed my light trip with

plenty of open eye visuals in my dark room while talking on the phone. The

next morning at about 11AM I decided that I should "fix" my highly dilated

pupils. (DXM always dilates my pupils for a good two days after I come down).

So I cut myself my typical .8mg line of subutex, which is pure buprenorphine

with no naloxone. After railing it, the onset came on faster than usual. I knew

DXM was an opiate potentiator, but I did not realize the power it still had even

after 12 hours. In the past when I had railed .8mg of subutex, I would get

pinpoint pupils with a wierd social buzz for 6+ hours, not a typical opiate high

as it is a half agonist synthetic opiate. However this day, I just kept coming up

and coming up. I was soon very lightheaded, and my breathing was much

slower than the subutex usually makes it. I lied down on my bed at about

11:30, (T + 30 mins), and closed my eyes. I opened my eyes a minute later to

see two hours had passed, which scared me. I stood up, very shaky and pale.

After realizing what had happened, I focused on taking deep breaths as

respiratory depression is the leading cause of rare buprenorphine deaths.

(Most cases involve conflicting chemicals such as these, or alcohol). I was still

extremely lightheaded, pale, and shaky. I called the national poison hotline

and the nurse strongly reccomended going to the emergency room before I

passed out due to lack of oxygen. I did not want to do this unless I was sure

it was my only option, so while making sure to take deep breaths I called my

best friend who left school to come hang out for the rest of the day. For the

next 10 hours, he made sure I did not doze off and we walked around much of

the day to keep my heartrate up. I also took a hot shower and had some

coffee throughout the day, which was very helpful. For the next 24 hours I

stayed up just to be safe, as my breathing was still slow and shallow all of

that time. Overall, a very scary experience. At one point I was googling all

kinds of stuff pertaining to my situation, with very little information of any kind

coming up on the subject. So I hope this post helps anyone in need, or

anyone considering doing what I have done. Thanks for reading.

Tagged by Xorkoth
substancecode_buprenorphine
substancecode_opiates
substancecode_dxm
substancecode_dissociatives
_combo_
explevel_firsttime
exptype_negative
exptype_healthissues
exptype_difficult
exptype_disaster
roacode_oral

Last edited by a moderator:
Bravo! Good info. But i dont see how .8mg of bupe would do much. Im on 8mg 2x daily and I dont even get a buzz. I used to when i first started. must be a tolerance thing...

Bravo! Good info. But i dont see how .8mg of bupe would do much. Im on 8mg 2x daily and I dont even get a buzz. I used to when i first started. must be a tolerance thing...

Tolerance thing indeed. The doses of bupe used in maintenance therapy are far greater than what's used in non opioid dependent people. As a painkiller (called Tamgesic), it comes in 0.2mg sublingual tablets. To a person with low to no opioid tolerance, 0.8mg snorted is actually a pretty decent dose. 1mg or more is enough to pin my pupils for 24 hours.

I am glad you are ok now......I have a few experiences that made me look at my "explorations" with a more catious eye. Be safe out there.

Good report, perfect for harm reduction. Each time I've used DXM I've felt the effects the next day, and even as far as the day after that, and smoking pot is so potentiated that I borderline start tripping again. I was wondering about this afterglow, which some people describe as pleasant, but I hate, does it happen to everybody? I've been with friends who've take the same amount of DXM as me and they reported absolutely no effects after sleeping it off. Does it have to do with the individual's metabolism of certain chemicals?

Ok i have been mixing dxm and other drugs for quite some time now and it definitely potentiates the hell out of opiates, mainly heroin and methadone in my experience. Also for me if i drink at the end of a strong dxm trip i definitely get drunk off far less and far quicker. I am pretty sure all dissociatives/nmda antagonists have this effect because of a peculiar mechanism in which it reverses tolerance and some would say it even breaks addictions completely. Ibogaine is being used in some areas of the world as a cure to addiction flat out. But to stick on topic I'll relate a recent experience of mine.
i have been addicted to nearly everything in the past 20 years or so and opiates grabbed me by the nuts. I ended up on a methadone maintenance program because my life on heroin became completely out of control and my tolerance became so high that i really had no other option. This was before bupe mind you. I started the dangerous practice of taking different benzos on top of the meth daily and before you know it had a devastating addiction on my hands. Well the powers that be at the clinic did not approve of this and after about three years on 90mgs and approx 15 mg xanax or klonopin a day, i was to be cut off of my meth, without tapering!!! So after about one week off the methadone, i became so devistatingly I'll it is hard to put into words. I am talking about a good solid month of squirming around on my bed without sleep crying and pretty much screaming on agony. During this month i was withdrawing so severely that i was unable to leave my bed to go sniff out pills for my benzo habbit. Now any one that has went through benzo or methadone withdrawal will probably tell you that they are the two worst drugs to withdrawal from and combined it just was evil incarnate. I must have had at least three seizures and when all is said and done i am wondering how i survived the disaster. Any ways after about six weeks of torture it was time to find a miracle because i was either going to stop feeling that way or kill myself. So i crawl down my steps and hop on the internet for some desperate googling on the subject. I eventually came across the most well written and informative drug faq i have yet to find, ' the dxm faq' baby william white. I sat and read the whole thing out of astonishment to the wealth of information at hand. After reading that whole book it was almost like fate that i found what i needed. The tidbit of info on how dxm was being studied as a possible remedy to opiod addiction.. i believe i also read that it appears to reduce some of the damage done by benzodiazepine dependancy. I was cynical i must say but it didn't take long before i was up my local pharmacy to buy some dxm. I brought two bottles of robo max strength cough syrup at 15 mg per tsp syrup. I managed to chug down about 6 ounces of the stuff before nausea was too much to drink any more. Good thing because at around 600mg or so this was a relatively high first dose. Well based on my rave back ground i had a long term addiction to ketamine and mdma. Dxm was an unbelievable feeling, almost a combination of the two. Listening to a frankie bones cd i found i was in love with dxm. I also found i couldn't feel the methadone and benzo withdrawal anymore. The symptoms returned slightly but not as strong the next day so i dozed my self everyday for about a week until i only had residual remaining. I was so happy but opiod addiction is a monster and i soon relapsed on heroin. This led to all kids of experimenting with different combinations of dxm and opiates when i discovered that if i were to do a bag of h at the end of a second plateau dxm trip i would get completely smashed. It was almost like doing dope for my first time all over again every single time. I'm surprised at this point that every one isn't doing this. Well this lasted for only so long until reality crept up on me and said maybe it was time to go to rehab. This was in about 2004 when i got on my first suboxone program.
Leading up until present time i wanted to get off everything including the bupe. I found two key things over the years leading up to now which was that bupe gets you smashed after you go about a month or so with our using any thi and that dxm also potentiates bupe to a degree. It wasn't until yesterday that i found out both lessons together really give you a nice high. I went to rehab for a month to get off the subs and wasn't completely satisfied as i had some post acute withdrawal remaining. I didn't want to get back on subs again so i did some dabbling with loperamide until my withdrawal was live able. I was bored the other night and decided to buy a box of coriceden cold and cough for old times sake. For some reason i had a harsh come down. It was pretty bad actually. I went searching through my room hoping to find a sub and luckily i did. I found an eight mg suboxone strip. I cut it into three remembering my tolerance was gone. I forgot however there was still a huge amount of loperamide remaining. I shot a third of the strip when the dreaded happened. I was thrown into precipitated withdrawal from the loperamide which i never anticipated to be a problem
It was though. I quickly began withdrawing my a hole off. Hot sweats goose bumps all over my body, i even went to vomit when thank god it reversed and i quickly started feeling high. It got me to a level of high i never expected to be again. This is why i wrote this whole thing. The combination of getting clean and mixing with dxm got me so unbelievably high i could hardly handle it. Complete euphoria. Iw laid in bed for eight hours staring at the ceiling sweating my azz off. I was nauseous but i didn't care, because i never thought it possible to get so high off of bupe let alone a fraction of a suboxone strip. If you are opiod tolerant and believe that you will never be as high as you were back in the old days i strongly recommend you give this a shot. Make sure someone is around in case you od. But if you can, get clean for a month and the do about 500 mg of dxm. Wait until the comedown is so bad that you can't handle it any longer. Then bang two or three mgs of buprenorphine. No more. That was the sweet spot for me. I wrote all of the extra just so you would get an idea off where my tolerance was at and so you get a real of how much years of experimenting and combining it took me to find utter utopian bliss. Good luck and i hope you find it too. I went through all the hell for you so there is no need you must repeat. I lay the blueprint to pure euphoria in your hands. It is up to you if you want to take them or not. If you do, please let me know how it works out for you.
@sp0r412 on twitter.

This is why I was really iffy about taking other drugs while I was on suboxone. It's just too risky.

I don't know what the big deal is. I'm on on ~20 mg Bup/day and all I can say is that hallucinogens have way less impact. I took 11 hits of fine dream powder and had just the effect of about 1 hit, when off Bup. DXM is ok as well, no complications.

Last edited:
Hey, FYI we don't do the drugs-forum "SWIM" or "my hamster" here... it doesn't proiect you and makes posts annoying to read. Just FYI. Welcome to Bluelight. :)

I don't know what the big deal is. I'm on on ~20 mg Bup/day and all I can say is that hallucinogens have way less impact. I took 11 hits of fine dream powder and had just the effect of about 1 hit, when off Bup. DXM is ok as well, no complications.

20 mg of bupe a day? how much heroin were you using? a kilogram perday?

Good report, perfect for harm reduction. Each time I've used DXM I've felt the effects the next day, and even as far as the day after that, and smoking pot is so potentiated that I borderline start tripping again. I was wondering about this afterglow, which some people describe as pleasant, but I hate, does it happen to everybody? I've been with friends who've take the same amount of DXM as me and they reported absolutely no effects after sleeping it off. Does it have to do with the individual's metabolism of certain chemicals?

Metabolism might play a part; DXM metabolizes into DXO, which generally accounts for most of the perceived afterglow effects. It's a very stoning feel and can come off as lethargic; however, if given the right context (and context plays a HUGE role into the overall DXM experience, just as with any psychedelic -- and yes, DXM is a psychedelic), the afterglow can be hugely relaxing and cathartic. I used to get wonderful afterglows that made me feel like I was floating on a cloud for the entire day. The preparation might play a part; I seem to get a more profound afterglow with DXM powder. Might be due to the DXM/DXO ratio.

Also, to the person who questioned how a low dose of subs could have such an intense effect: without taking into account individual tolerance, they took DXM with it (or rather several hours before, but still a short enough time to have potentiation), which can have a significant impact on substances that bind to opiate receptors. Not surprising at all.

Buprenorphine is an extremely strong drug. 10 years ago I witnessed someone non fatally overdose from snorting 1.5mg of Suboxone with a low opiate tolerance. Lips went blue, pupils became extremely pinned, breathing became shallow and a grayish color took over the persons complexion. This also lasted over 8 hours with episodes of vomiting and crawling around on the floor. I had a doctor the other day try and tell me the 3 mg's I take is practically a homeopathic dose. I also found DXM to potentiate bupe more so then when taken with other opiates. This same drug that the pharma industry loves to pump into addicts at extremely excessive doses is also used at a sublingual dose starting around 150-300 mcg 3x per day for stage 4 cancer pain.

Buprenorphine is an extremely strong drug. 10 years ago I witnessed someone non fatally overdose from snorting 1.5mg of Suboxone with a low opiate tolerance. Lips went blue, pupils became extremely pinned, breathing became shallow and a grayish color took over the persons complexion. This also lasted over 8 hours with episodes of vomiting and crawling around on the floor. I had a doctor the other day try and tell me the 3 mg's I take is practically a homeopathic dose. I also found DXM to potentiate bupe more so then when taken with other opiates. This same drug that the pharma industry loves to pump into addicts at extremely excessive doses is also used at a sublingual dose starting around 150-300 mcg 3x per day for stage 4 cancer pain.

3 mg buprenorphine is not a blocking dose in most patients. 8 mg is more common. The goal of buprenorphine is usually not just to reduce craving/withdrawal, but also to block the effects of other opioids. The doses of buprenorphine that are used to treat cancer pain are not high enough to do that.

Yes, docs prescribe 8-16mg doses so that you can't get high off even massive doses of heroin. If you're just trying to stay off-sick, one strip can last an entire taper.

I used to cut it into tiny slivers and take them until I felt well, repeat until I could jump off, and one strip would be more than enough.

It is very powerful and I totally believe the OP.

3 mg buprenorphine is not a blocking dose in most patients. 8 mg is more common. The goal of buprenorphine is usually not just to reduce craving/withdrawal, but also to block the effects of other opioids. The doses of buprenorphine that are used to treat cancer pain are not high enough to do that.
I found 3 mg of Buprenorphine is enough to block 95% of the effects from other opiates even smoked Fent for at least 12 hours. It is a total myth that one needs to be on anything higher then 4 mg to eliminate cravings and WD's while having a strong blocking effect.