• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

400 mg Tramadol.

Opanda

Greenlighter
Well i just parachuted 300 mg, and then swallowed 100 mg's after around 45 minutes. I've taken 350 mg's before and was fine and slightly enjoyed it. Should I be alright seeing as how it has been around 2 hours since ingesting?

If you had 350mg before and didn't have a problem, you should be okay.

400mg is the suggested ceiling dose due to risk of seizures, but since its been two hours, I think you'll be fine.

Just be careful when exceeding 400mg.

Edit:

In light of kokaino's post, you should be more careful, he's right.

If you have a benzo or another anti-seizure drug available keep it at hand.

Last edited:
I would be more careful. Tramadol, as you already know, lowers your seizure threshold. You can have a seizure at 200 mg, 300 mg, or even at 50 mg. It's not like you can only get a seizure if you go over 400 mg.

Be careful and try to have a benzo at hand if you're going to be taking high doses like this.

But most people shouldn't suffer seizure under 400mg. They wouldn't prescribe doses that high if the majority of people suffered seizures from Tramadol. I'd ASSUME if you don't have a history of seizures you should be fine (under 400mg)

it depends on your bodies seizure threshold..

yes you should be fine seeing as you've taken 350mg before but if you were sick or even mildly withdrawing from benzos it could be dangerous

your previous dose indicates you'll be fine.
i mean ive seen and heard of people taking upto a gram with no ill effects, it really just depends on you and your health.

The limit is 400mg A DAY, not a DOSE.

You could be safe far past it or you could seize at any time regardless of doses you've done in the past. Its not a magical number that everyone will seize at a certain point and people who have taken 500mg at a time have later taken 400mg and seized.

If you want to be safe, you shouldn't take those doses and if you do, you need to be prepared and preferably have taken anticonvulsants.

Last edited:
i'm still doing alright, i have a pretty strong tolerance. I smoked some nug like an hour ago too.

Tramadol scares the hell out of me with all this talk of potential seizures. I was always under the assumption as long as you don't exceed 400mg in a 24 hour period you'll be fine but now I don't think I'd want to even take it again, not worth the risk. I really don't like seizures (duh).

Tramadol scares the hell out of me with all this talk of potential seizures. I was always under the assumption as long as you don't exceed 400mg in a 24 hour period you'll be fine but now I don't think I'd want to even take it again, not worth the risk. I really don't like seizures (duh).

congratulations you're now almost as paranoid as kokaino:D

I agree with K'd out in AZ, tramadol makes me uncomfortable too. I don't like taking it and I really advise against the use of it, especially in higher doses.

Just such a "dirty" drug.

It's SNRI and opiate properties make it useful for some things, but that also increases the likelihood of it being "dirty".

I find it useful for opiate WD and it has antidepressant effects for many people. Certainly has its place. I'm going to echo what myself and other posters have said, please be careful. Always best to hang out on the low dosage side or have/have taken an anticonvulsant if you're going above 400mg per day (not per dose, as Cane2theLeft mentioned).

ive heard that redosing small amounts of tramadol ever hr or so makes the opiod effect stronger

at 400mg the SNRI out weight the opiod effect.

try taking 100mg of tram, than 50mg extra every 45mins

at about 100 the opiod effect is equal to the snri effect (approx)

400mg at once is bascailly not getting the opiod effect stronger but making the SNRI effect stronger. which can be unconfertably stimulating.

correct me if im wrong but redosing every 45mins will get u feelin better.

I actually enjoyed tramadol at 100-150mg the most. cuz i dont like the strong snri effect as much as the opiod effect. & if ya not happy redose small a ount every 45 mins. to get the pain killing effect rather than a manic od on an snri

Last edited:
^Yeah taking 5100mg of tramadol would probably be fatal. Way to give horrible advice.

And one important thing to point out that everyone seems to be missing - 400mg is the 'safe' maximum dose over 24 hours. This doesn't mean its safe to take all 400mg at once! I would not dose anywhere near this amount unless you're taking some kind of anti-epileptic medication concurrently.

(I say 'safe' because some people experience seizures at an even lower dosage. A variety of factors influence an individual's seizure threshold.)

ive heard that redosing small amounts of tramadol ever hr or so makes the opiod effect stronger

at 400mg the SNRI out weight the opiod effect.

try taking 100mg of tram, than 50mg extra every 45mins

at about 100 the opiod effect is equal to the snri effect (approx)

400mg at once is bascailly not getting the opiod effect stronger but making the SNRI effect stronger. which can be unconfertably stimulating.

correct me if im wrong but redosing every 45mins will get u feelin better.

I actually enjoyed tramadol at 100-150mg the most. cuz i dont like the strong snri effect as much as the opiod effect. & if ya not happy redose small a ount every 45 mins. to get the pain killing effect rather than a manic od on an snri

thats an interesting insight into the pharmacology of tramadol.

It's very much a ymmv drug. Almost everyone I have seen post negatively on this drug that feel nothing at 100 mg, also feel nothing at 400 mg or simply don't like the high dosage effects on them.

I personally like the way 100 mg feels, and depending on the day 300-400 can either feel good, or a little too speedy. It's pointless to chase opiate effects with this drug, as the euphoric effect is generally considered to be minimal. Snri and mood elevation specifically are what appeals to me and a lot of others that report positive results. Analgesic effect is minimal in my opinion.

Start low, 50 -100. Wait at least an hour. Take 50 more. If you're not feeling something that you like in the next hour then you have to consider that this drug is not for you. Stay safe...

I just made this account cause I thought i'd try and warn you about this. Now first of all I have a huge tolerance to tramadol, 400 mgs doesn't do much at all to me, it takes 500-700 to be enjoyable. Now everyone knows theres a seizure risk but most of you don't know how real it is. Let me tell you 2 hours doesn't make much of a difference. I took 10 50mg pills in the morning at around 10, then right before i went out I wasn't feeling much so I took 12 more thinking I'd be fine since it'd been 2 hours. Well around 45 minutes later I was walking around infront of a store with my girl and had a seizure. I didn't remember any of it so when i woke up on the floor I seriously thought i had just lost my balance so I was pissed as hell at my girl for calling an ambulance because I thought she was just being hysterical. As the day went on I slowly remembered what happened but I still don't remember most of it. I just wanted to warn everyone on here that it can actually happy, granted I had a huge amount but with my high tolerance I'd think it'd still be dangerous for others at a slightly lower dose.

damn that's 22 pills in a matter of 2 hours or so, that's waaay overkill, now there are times where I will take 16 of them over a full day. and that's dangerous in and of itself, works out to about 800 mg, a day. and I've never had a seizure (knock on wood) but I wouldn't exceed that or even take that much unless you have a high tolerance and are pretty sure about your seizure threshold.

I'm taking methiopropamine today so saving the downers for later, is it safe taking an upper with tramadol?