• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How long after last Oxy dose can I take some subs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Supeudol

Bluelighter
Okay, so i've been on Suboxone before, about 1.5 years ago. Was at 16mg/day for 6 months. Way TOO high of dosage IMO. Anyways.. I went to treatment, went cold turkey off 16mg/Suboxone and benzo's at the same time. Detox was pretty brutal but I did 96 days out there and made it through.

Anyways, I've been doing opiates on and off for about the past 3 weeks or so...
I have 8mg of Suboxone in total but they are in 2mg blisters. Anyways, how long after my last dose of oxy is it safe to take a Sub? And is 2mg enough you think? Or would I need 4mg?

I also heard that snorting them is more effective and I will get a better effect.
I am just looking to feel normal (maybe a bit buzzed) but just not dope sick.

I have been doing about maybe 80mg of Oxycodone/day, some days maybe 12mg of Hydromorphcontin insufflated per day. Other days maybe 90mg or morphine Orally 40mg of OxyContin.

My last time switching from oxycodone to Suboxone I waited 24 hours and I was fine. That's generally how long you have to wait before switching onto maintenance (24-48 hours). When I switched from methadone to suboxone I was told to wait 3 days because of its long half-life. But about two weeks ago I made the switch and 24 hours was fine.

Ok, thanks for the replies guys. I'm not going on maintenance though (even though I wish I could.) There are only 2 doctors that are able to prescribe Suboxone in my City, and none of them will accept me. I am just getting some subs off a friend as wouldn't this make some of the oxycodone withdrawal more bareable? Then how do I get off the subs, or will I have a problem if I only take them for like three days?

You have to be in withdrawl in order to use suboxone. I know people do all sorts of weird shit with it, snorting and IV and all. But its really supposed to be used sublingually. As soon as you feel that muscle pain and restless leg syndrome, put like 2-4mg under your tongue and it should kick the symptoms quick. I don't feel much of a high off suboxone, but thats why its "better" than methadone if you're trying to quit.

I don't think subs are as addictive as oxycodone. Suboxone IS physically addictive, but its much weaker. There is always a slight degree of pain when it comes time to stop using opiates. I always got chronic back pain in my muscles, and the mental cravings are a BITCH... think about something else!!!

You have to be in withdrawl in order to use suboxone. I know people do all sorts of weird shit with it, snorting and IV and all. But its really supposed to be used sublingually. As soon as you feel that muscle pain and restless leg syndrome, put like 2-4mg under your tongue and it should kick the symptoms quick. I don't feel much of a high off suboxone, but thats why its "better" than methadone if you're trying to quit.

I don't think subs are as addictive as oxycodone. Suboxone IS physically addictive, but its much weaker. There is always a slight degree of pain when it comes time to stop using opiates. I always got chronic back pain in my muscles, and the mental cravings are a BITCH... think about something else!!!

Thanks for the response. Would it be okay for me to snort a 2mg, and then put another 2mg under my tongue?

Withdrawal hits pretty quick with me. If I do 80-120mg of Oxy at like 5-6pm the night before, then I start to feel withdrawal around 1-2 PM the next day.

I never said to snort...

Yes, if you do enough oxy, you'll wake up in W/D every morning... I used to do that much too. But when it came time to using suboxone, there is only one way I know of administering that drug and its sublingual only. Personally, I'm tired of hearing people "take suboxone" and get sick cause they didn't do know what the hell they were doing. I was told that precipitated withdrawl is absolute hell, I don't even want to know what its like and I've been through some killer withdrawls.

But would be okay to snort 1 and put the other one under my tongue?

i have been on subs for 2yrs..last week i went off subs and on oxy 15mg for my wisdom teeth removal..today is my last day on the oxy..i hate how it brought back all the bad memories of when i used to use. i woke up this morning with that crippling depression feeling. as soon as i took the oxy i felt better..man the power of opiates is unbelievable! anyway i can't wait to go back on my subs..i will take my last dose of oxy tonight before bed and i'm hoping to be able to take my sub by tommorro nite around supper time??? even though i know i have subs to take away the withdrawl, it still scares the heck out of me..uughh, so many bad memories brought back.

don't snort your subs guys..all it does is burn your nose..it works so much better when melted under the tongue.

don't snort your subs guys..all it does is burn your nose..it works so much better when melted under the tongue.

Please don't post this as it could deter new sub users from benefiting due to the higher bioavailability from intranasal use of bupe. i personally have never felt a burn from bupe when using intranasally. I now have the strips though and dissolve them down and administer them from an oral syringe. If you use intranasally you can almost cut your dose in half and it will still feel the same as if you dosed sublingually.

Last edited:
Try it and see. Let me know... my lab rat!

He's not being a lab rat by snorting his Suboxone, many, many people do that. Its common practice for some. Personally I use mine sublingualy and it works just fine so I have no reason to snort it. I know that I don't get high from Suboxone so switching methods isn't going to do anything. But he's not risking anything by snorting it. I hope you aren't trying to hint that he will go into precipitated withdrawals...that is a myth created by doctors to prevent abuse. Abusing Suboxone in any way shape or form will not put you into precipitated withdrawals. If you take it too soon before your last dose you'll go through p/w's.

But would be okay to snort 1 and put the other one under my tongue?

Guess following directions is a problem. Ever have anyone ask you if it's ok to shove a hamburger up their ass and then eat shit? just use it as directed and don't drive in reverse to get it

Guess following directions is a problem. Ever have anyone ask you if it's ok to shove a hamburger up their ass and then eat shit? just use it as directed and don't drive in reverse to get it
Please don't open old threads, especially if you're only making snarky comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.