• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

want to quit opiates for good need advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
there are herbs like kava kava. immodium works well. i'm on myfourth day, and i 've gotta say, i don't want to keepdoing this. i've been addicted for many years. for the last 5 years, i'v taken up to 30-40- lortabs a day, which is 400 mgs. of hydrocodone. i'd eat 10 of them for breakfast. i'm lucky if i still have a liver.
i've done methadone, suboxone, only to abuse those as well.
at least you don't have a HUGE habit, don't be afraid, just do it!! like someone else on here said, if you want to do it, you will. it's not easy, but it's simple. just take care of yourself; the basics, eat, exercise, drink water, sleep, tlk to someone, ask for help. read. meetings. sunshine, etc...
this i have found to be true: "if you keep on doing what you're doing, you'll keep on getting what you're getting." just do it, you'll be glad you did....peace

if you want to quit using opioids, you will.

motivation is all it takes.

seriously.

i didn't quit until i wanted to quit. sounds kinda stupid but it's the truth.

This quote is more important to understand then understanding all the OTC's, schedules, etc. NOTHING will work until you've decided 100% you're trying to quit, if you don't have that mentally, you'll end up goin back on even if you get through the physical w/d's. Once you have that mindset, you'll make it whether or not you find the 'easier' ways or not (and I should note that all the tricks in the world are just gonna 'smooth out' the w/d's, trust me they're still gonna be a beast to go through, the only way you'll make it work is once you're trying to be off more than you wanna binge yknow?)
<and there's a *very* comprehensive list of OTC's for w/d's, I cannot recall the thread but someone broke them down into symptoms and all that ;P >

Ya I guess u guys are right my habbit isnt huge compared to some other people, but its really the mental part thats the hardest i guess. I just woke up sweating after dreaming I was smoking some oxy off of foil that I found on the ground. God I hate withdrawl dreams.

A horrible, horrible addiction doesn't require a "big" habit in the physical sense / # of pills. Addiction is a psychological issue (that, of course, is affected by physical things - however, these things can affect others w/o causing addictive symptomology). This is why the psychological aspects (KNOWING you truly want off, ie NOT just "I wish I could use w/o w/d's and pills were free / socially acceptable) are extremely center here, the physical stuff sucks and there are tools to kinda cushion those aspects, but all the w/d tools in the world are irrelevant if you're not psychologically at the point where you know for sure you're not interested in being an addict anymore.

Damn, well if pills were free, no wds and socially acceptable, im not sure if id ever quit honestly. But being that thats not the case I still really want to quit and am sick of being a slave to some little blue happy pills (roxys) and if all those things were true id still be a slave just a slave with a light burden.

Damn, well if pills were free, no wds and socially acceptable, im not sure if id ever quit honestly.

I don't think anyone would, if it was free.

For me it took a lot of willpower. I locked myself in my mum's house for 2 weeks and got that shit out of my system; And it was hard.
But believe me it was worth it.

I don't think it's coming off that's the worse part - Staying off it is much,much harder.

See, even if they were socially acceptable, and there were no w/d's, you'd STILL be a slave to a pill. I think an important part of getting off is to realize you want full control of your destiny, and you cannot do that while you're a slave to a pharmaceutical, no matter how 'cool' your slavery-terms may seem.

I don't think it's coming off that's the worse part - Staying off it is much,much harder.

It is if the addiction is still there. If you truly don't wanna be a slave anymore, then once w/d's are over and you're able to live happily w/o them, having them in your face doesn't = reverting to addiction. In fact, you may find you're not even interested in trying them at that point, since your mind just goes to "meh, they're fun, but I don't wanna get back into that BS". Hit that point psychologically, and it's not really an issue of "trying" anymore, it's just that your new (better) mindset is not interested in going back to that game.

@Sangerrainsford-Brother, your comment about staying off are so true. Quitting for a cpl weeks is cake but quitting for years is a task. Now, what I'm about to say is by no means encouragement or an excuse for others to try. I went to rehab(not by choice) at the beginning of this year. They feed you all this "if u ever use again you'll die or be right back where you started" we'll, considering I never wanted to quit opiates; what I learned from rehab was a profound respect for the power of pills. I knew I couldn't go back to my daily habit of 160-300mgs of OC. However, seeing As I don't like alcohol or uppers, opiates were the only thing that appealed to me. So this is what I did, I gave up OC but stayed w narcos. BUT I kept my dose low (never more than 50mgs in a day to keep my receptors low) On top of that, I resigned to exclusively using after all my work and tasks were finished. In a way, my opiates were a reward for a hard Days work. My life has improved significantly and I still enjoy my norcs. I've been doing this for six months and have yet to break the promise I made to myself. The key here is that if you are in fact an addict, the real solution is not going 100%sober forever (especially if u know deep down sobriety will not work)but realizing that you need to make changes to the way that you are living your life. If u want legit sobriety, find some AA meetings or a rehab program and stick w it, but u gotta want it. I didn't want to never use again but to get a hold of my life again.so far it's worked.

thread-resurrection.jpg

Actually, it can.

Not only is it old but it's SL material now. Locking this.

Status
Not open for further replies.