Votes: 1 6.7%
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • ⭐️⭐️

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ⭐️

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Never read the books, by the looks of this show so far i wish i did.. just finished watching the first two episodes and i must say i'm very happy to see a decent medieval fantasy series; it's going to fill that void for me between now and the release of The Hobbit.

Quoted cause I been feeling the exact same.

Really liking this show, hoping it continues to impress.

NSFW:
Wow. There are a ton of spoilers masked in here.

it's an insanely complex series told from the POV of 12 characters over 4 books, many wars, many religions, mythical creatures, and many minor characters.

it's kind of a big deal.

tumblr_ljw3h6Z8Kw1qzvu53o1_500.gif

I thought the first episode was a bit too dense. It really should have been spread out over 2 hours. I read the books, so I could follow it mostly (although IDing characters was occasionally hard), but I was watching it with someone who hadn't read the books, and she was entirely lost.

Second episode's pacing was a lot better.

By the way, did anyone notice that the Free Cities seem to be almost east of Dorne? I thought they were farther north. Unless I'm seeing the map wrong in the beginning.

One thing I noticed about the TV show though that was contrary to the book (spoiler from book 4):

NSFW:
The part about Cersei's dead child. Didn't really make sense that a Lord and Lady of Winterfell wouldn't have heard about it, and it requires an altered prophecy of Maggie the Frog, which predicted Cersei would have three children, and all three would be crowned and all three would die before she would.

I suspect that
NSFW:
we may see Mycella crowned by Dorne while Tommen is still alive.

By the way, did anyone notice that the Free Cities seem to be almost east of Dorne? I thought they were farther north. Unless I'm seeing the map wrong in the beginning.

One thing I noticed about the TV show though that was contrary to the book (spoiler from book 4):

NSFW:
The part about Cersei's dead child. Didn't really make sense that a Lord and Lady of Winterfell wouldn't have heard about it, and it requires an altered prophecy of Maggie the Frog, which predicted Cersei would have three children, and all three would be crowned and all three would die before she would.

I suspect that
NSFW:
we may see Mycella crowned by Dorne while Tommen is still alive.

wait.... Didn't Cersei

NSFW:
have a child by Robert, who she aborted a couple months into the pregnancy? I assumed that's what she was talking about to Catelyn. When she was being nasty and talking to....someone, she said that 'Robert managed to get me pregnant once, but I had my womb cleaned." I thought that in the show she was just making the lie go a little farther....you know, that she had actually labored and delivered and then the infant died. Although that doesn't make much sense either, since a royal pregnancy would have been announced everywhere, wouldn't it???

Kenickie:

NSFW:
Yep, she got pregnant once by Robert, and aborted it, probably very early on via moon tea. I presume she hid the pregnancy and took the moon tea as soon as she skipped a period.

wait --

NSFW:
what excuse could be brought up to put Mrycella on the throne if Tommen isn't dead? besides the obvious -- that Tommen is "soft", one of the failings of incestuous breeding.

Need to see this..... now.

Book one finished, onto book two soon enough.

Watching this show I realize there is a series of books that need reading by me, STAT.

I finished it in 2 days so that oughta answer your question =D

More political than other Fantasy I've read, in a good way.
And I don't really enjoy politics in the real world, I don't vote nor do I care to but that's a discussion for elsewhere.

I finished it in 2 days so that oughta answer your question =D

More political than other Fantasy I've read, in a good way.
And I don't really enjoy politics in the real world, I don't vote nor do I care to but that's a discussion for elsewhere.

yeah i finished the first ASoIaF in a day, the second one the next day, and I nearly bit Escher's head off waiting for him to ship the third one to me the next week! :!

The fourth book took me forever, though, because idk, i don't know.

^ I'm about to start the 3rd but the 4th seems to have generally bad reviews compared to the preceeding books :(

Oh this gave me a chuckle:

wait --

NSFW:
what excuse could be brought up to put Mrycella on the throne if Tommen isn't dead? besides the obvious -- that Tommen is "soft", one of the failings of incestuous breeding.

c'mon fanboys, someone has to have an answer for this!

I'm sick so I'm gonna catch up on reading while I count the hours down to the Eastern time showing :D

NSFW:

Well, I kind of wanted Bran's wolf to be there, and to be called Summer when he woke up. Can't always get what you want.

Nothing really happened this episode. I enjoy the men of the Nightwatch. Mormont and everyone. Tyrion continues to grow on me. I'm waiting for the death of Viserys, it seems to not come fast enough. My heart breaks everytime I see Ned Stark, I know his future, and the way he looked at The Cat in the Canals as she learned to fight, I kind of almost cried, his freakout depressed me. His failed attempt to comfort Sansa with the pretty doll, gah, that almost made me cry. He is honestly a really good man, and it sucks that he isn't cruel enough to hold off all the shit that comes his way. He's a wonderful tragic hero prototype, and I'm brokenhearted that he has to watch everything he loves unravel. God damn, I'm sad over Ned Stark.

Littlefinger is what I imagined. The Spider, however, isn't. I imagined thinner, sallower.

a meh episode, I guess.

^Fuck, that post makes me want to hurry and read read read!!! :D
I read through all the Dany Chapters and restarted the book. :)
I'm not really even through the first couple episodes though (in the book).
Last nights episode seemed to go by way way too quickly.