Votes: 1 6.7%
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • ⭐️⭐️

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ⭐️

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Game of thrones is fantasy Tv show.but this series is upcoming. i hope i will watch this show in my spare time.:)

http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/04/05/thrones-author-lost/

Game of Thrones author George R.R. Martin says in the recent edition of The New Yorker that he doesn’t want the ending of his epic Song of Ice and Fire series to conclude like Lost. Below we have the public war of words, followed by an exclusive Q&A with Lost showrunner Damon Lindelof about Martin’s comments (he was actually reading Game of Thrones when all this went down!) and a look back at his feelings about the Lost ending.

First, here’s Martin in the profile: “We watched [Lost] every week trying to figure it out, and as it got deeper and deeper I kept saying, ‘They better have something good in mind for the end. This better pay off here.’ And then I felt so cheated when we got to the conclusion.” Martin also cites the Lost ending as the type of mistake he fears making with his own show, saying, “I want to give them something terrific. What if I f— it up at the end? What if I do a Lost? Then they’ll come after me with pitchforks and torches.”

OMGOMGOMGOGMGMGOOGMGMOG

Missed it, but downloading it nao!

also, downloaded all the wallpapers from the throne game site, greyjoy's is certainly the best omg.

jesus christ 35 minutes before the episode is done downloading jesus christ i'm going to DIE.

I chose to go with the .avi so I could watch it on my xbox, attached to my 50" TV.

4hrs left and counting.. :(

On the bright side, my wallpaper is now HOUSE STARK!!

BTW, I expect a full review in the morning, complete with NSFW tags. ;)

HOLY SHIT.

wow! i am MAD IMPRESSED. the loyalty to the books was incredible! i think i'm going to watch again because I know there are things I missed because -- I was tired & had to get up early, BUT my biggest (and ONLY!) problem was

NSFW:
Daenerys and Khal Drogo. In the book their wedding night is not rape -- indeed, Daenerys loses her virginity willingly and pleasurably, Khal is sweet and gentle with her. it doesn't look well for one of my favourite characters who is supposed to be strong and gutsy and clever to be weeping in a heap, where as in the book she is an active participant in her own sexuality.

LAME.

I LOVE THIS THOUGH. IT IS GOING TO BE SO WIN! I already want the next episode, holy shit yes.

clarification:

in the book, that scene goes as:

NSFW:
He stopped then, and drew her down onto his lap. Dany was flushed and breathless, her heart fluttering in her chest. He cupped her face in his huge hands and she looked into his eyes. “No?” he said, and she knew it was a question.

She took his hand and moved it down to the wetness between her thighs. “Yes,” she whispered as she put his finger inside her.

not the rape that happened in HBO.

Just finished watching it, very well done!

First, I think the opening credits were HBO-worthy. I like them a lot. They capture the essence of the show well.

Most of the parts were cast very well. I especially like Cersei, Arya, Viserys, and Jon Snow.

I understand that the characters haven't been fully developed yet, as this is only the first episode, but there were a couple cast decisions that had me scratching my head a bit.

NSFW:
Daenerys, being 13 in the book, I expected her to be more petite. They did a good job at making Drogo look larger than life, but the actress who plays Daenerys I believe is 20. There's a big difference between 13 and 20, but the nubile goddess they got to play her, really captures the role despite having birthing hips and all that.

I expected Joffrey to be grander as well, and not look like such a little wiener. Although he does look like a mean little fuck. I guess he hasn't opened his mouth yet, so we shall see how he carries the role.

Tyrion Lannister is played by Peter Dinklage. This is win/lose for me, because while Dinklage is the de facto 'A' actor for this type of role, Tyrion is constantly described as hideously ugly, while Dinklage is the George Clooney of the little people world.

I'm also a bit disappointed at the 'rape' scene as you mentioned Kenickie. They definitely didn't do it justice. The scene in the book read as empowering and exciting to Daenerys. She wasn't raped, as was implied here. I can't help but wonder if HBO felt that portraying a 13-year-old enjoying sex as too controversial.

Overall, excellent job and looking forward to next week. This has also prompted me to start the books again. I've read the first three twice, but had a bit of trouble getting through Feast For Crows. I'm going to take another shot at it, because I think Martin may have just hit a bit of a dry patch at the start of Feast, and maybe I can get through it.

Last edited:
Just finished watching it, very well done!

First, I think the opening credits were HBO-worthy. I like them a lot. They capture the essence of the show well.

Most of the parts were cast very well. I especially like Cersei, Arya, Viserys, and Jon Snow.

I understand that the characters haven't been fully developed yet, as this is only the first episode, but there were a couple cast decisions that had me scratching my head a bit.

NSFW:
Daenerys, being 13 in the book, I expected her to be more petite. They did a good job at making Drogo look larger than life, but the actress who plays Daenerys I believe is 20. There's a big difference between 13 and 20, but the nubile goddess they got to play her, really captures the role despite having birthing hips and all that.

I expected Joffrey to be grander as well, and not look like such a little wiener. Although he does look like a mean little fuck. I guess he hasn't opened his mouth yet, so we shall see how he carries the role.

Tyrion Lannister is played by Peter Dinklage. This is win/lose for me, because while Dinklage is the de facto 'A' actor for this type of role, Tyrion is constantly described as hideously ugly, while Dinklage is the George Clooney of the little people world.

I'm also a bit disappointed at the 'rape' scene as you mentioned Kenickie. They definitely didn't do it justice. The scene in the book read as empowering and exciting to Daenerys. She wasn't raped, as was implied here. I can't help but wonder if HBO felt that portraying a 13-year-old enjoying sex as too controversial.

Overall, excellent job and looking forward to next week. This has also prompted me to start the books again. I've read the first three twice, but had a bit of trouble getting through Feast For Crows. I'm going to take another shot at it, because I think Martin may have just hit a bit of a dry patch at the start of Feast, and maybe I can get through it.

You know, I didn't even think about that (13yr olds enjoying sex being too...controversial), because it's HBO I expected them to not give a shit about shit. I haven't read Feast for Crows, I have the audiobook and am just listening to it. They don't really make it explicit that Dany is only 13, like they do with Sansa. They don't make Jon Snow's age apparent either, which might make it confusing for some people why the bastard just didn't go with his uncle to The Wall? He looks over 20, where he should only be 14.

Watched this last night, fairly impressed though I also thought a lot of the actors seemed kind of old for their roles, Robb included. I was half-asleep when I watched it, was Theon introduced? I'm really looking forward to seeing how Jon, Arya and Daenarys develop over the series... Haha I'm glad Joffrey's being portrayed as a little weiner though...

NSFW:
I also prefered how Dany's wedding was treated in the book, perhaps it was changed for the series to emphasise the change in her character that's yet to come?

Oh Sandor Clegane's dog helmet was just silly too, it was bobbing all over the place as he rode XD

I don't remember Theon being introduced, I actually misidentified Jon as Theon initially, based on the glare Catelyn gave him during the target practice. Catelyn hates everyone though, easy mistake to make.

Saw the premier with no knowledge of the series, and was extremely impressed. I'll definitely make the books my own once this season ends.