• NMI Moderators: Snafu in the Void

Injected in my leg - terrified please can someone help me

YUMMI MUMMI

Greenlighter
Please help i injected heroin into my leg as arms are in a mess, it wasnt a miss and it was not sore injecting today it is red, not at the spot where i had the hit about an inch up and its a little red, really worried but its not swollen not red on the back of my leg and the redness is not getting worse, it looks no different from my other leg. I had never tried shooting up but split with this guy and he got me a hitting habit, there have been not problems whatsoever, was getting my hand too for a bit but know it is better to rotate, i am so worried i also suffer from bpd and i have children feel like i am loosing my mind please please please someone give me some advice. Don't know what to do, can anyone out there help me, thank you.
A - scotland :(

Hey YUMMI MUMMI,

I think the most important thing for you to do at the moment is calm down. From your description it sounds like your injury isn't that bad and you will be okay. I'm not sure what the redness is caused by but likely the lack of pressure in the vein in your leg has caused some irritation from the shot on it's way to your heart.

If you check out the Injection Complications Megathread and Micron Filtering Megathread both located in the OD Directory as found in my signature, there is a lot of information on how you can improve your injecting technique.

I'd like to stress now though that I can't for sure say what is wrong with your leg and if you think medical attention is required it will be you and your kids who have to live with any permanent damage not going to the hospital if you need it causes.

It seems you don't have that much of a shooting problem as of yet and should try and stick with rotating your arm veins if at all possible. The Dark Side forum is a great resource for support in overcoming any sort of problem as well.

Please feel free to PM me if you have any more questions or need any more help.

Best of Luck!